Photo
- - - - -

No Kubina talk?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

during the pre playoff trade window the Wings were interested in getting Kubina on board. Mainly for his exp and his
right hand shooting. Yet i dont think he has been mentioned at all this off-season. More to the point i dont think he has
been linked with any other team? Has he a deal on the table and is off the market per say? If Kenny could somehow
get him and J-Bow in on a trade then maybe it dont look so bad. I'm not down on our D at present as i think that if all
the guys we have perform to their ability then we have a stong looking 6. The points will be spread about more this year
and i really do think that if Smith is given the mins he will florish and end up our top point D man, yes even more than Nic jnr will get. The only thing is if we got both in then 1 of the 6 we have will have to go. The potential i could see is that
White could go back to the Flames in a deal for J-Bow, which leaves us with no R/H on the blueline, unless Kubina signs
that is. We would have a very big D corps if this happened thou.

Kronwall 6' 190lb
J-Bow 6'4" 212lb
Big E 6'5" 220lb
Quinc 6'2" 205lb
Smiffy 6'1" 198lb
Kubina 6'4" 243lb
Jakub 6'3" 201lb
Ian 5'10" 201lb.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#2 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Kubina and Rozival are in Prague having drinks and laughing there asses off right now.....with Lilja, Meszaros, and Prongers out, and Carle gone, you better believe Philly wants Kubina back badly.....Then there's us needing depth D-man....If I was one them I'd be charging arms and legs right now, their services are in demand....probably why no one has signed them yet, them and the teams are holding out for the best price. Seems like everyday more surgeries and injuries are being announced, and every time that happens they can up their price tag. Really hope we bring one of them in though....Holmgrens probably willing to spend more than Ken though.

Edited by number9, 12 August 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yeah unfortunately we aren't the most desperate team for a defensemen anymore, and I get the feeling Philly will match/beat any offers we throw out towards who's left. They are in serious trouble right now.

I'd rather have White over Bouwmeester personally, so i'm not in agreement for sending him to Calgary for JBo.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I've been calling kubina since the wings missed out on suter.. I think he'd be a decent fit for the bottom pairing. If we enter the season with something like this, I'd be fine with that..

Kronner-white
Quincey-smith
Ericsson-kubina

Then, I see us waiting til the deadline to trade for a solid top 4 d man.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#5 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

have always liked Kubina....size and skill

and yes would definitely rather have White over JBO