• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NFL Thread

Rate this topic

Packers signed Cedric Benson yesterday and all of a sudden we have a solid running attack to compliment the already top offense in the league. I know this is a Lion-friendly site, but with this addition and if the defense can even somewhat recapture its form from 2010, they should win the Super Bowl again.

I'm quite curious to see how the Lions follow up their solid season. They've made some incredible strides since giving Millen the boot and now it'll be interesting to see if they can keep the ship heading in the right direction.

The Bears really surprised me last year with the season they had going before Cutler got hurt. They've added a few key additions and if their defense doesn't show their age, then they'll be a tough team as well.

The Vikings, well....they're the laughing stock of the NFC North. Not much else to say about them. Even with them, the NFC North has got to be the best division in the NFL.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Lions are up in the air imo. Last year I expected them to play well and make the playoffs. This year I'm not so sure. Delmas is injured. Spievey has been having headaches since last year, Berry is gone, Leshoure is suspended (and still a rookie, and still probably recovering from his achilles injury), Best hasn't practiced at all I believe. The secondary is basically a big ?.

With that said, the passing attack will be fun to watch. I think Young will take over the #2 spot, leaving Broyles and Burleson in the slot. I actually think Young will have a big year as long as he doesn't throw any punches and gets in trouble. As far as the running game, well, it wasn't anything special last year either, so I'm not expecting big things out of Smith and Leshoure (when he returns).

It's really hard to say how this team will do this season. It all lies on the Dline again to win games.

Realistically I expect the Lions to finish 3rd in the division behind the Bears and Packers. Hoping for at least 2nd and another wildcard. We already know what to expect from the Packers, so I won't go into that.

As for the Bears, I believe they got rid of Martz, correct? That should help out Cutlers protection some, even though the players are still bad. They acquired Marshall to take advantage of our smaller corners, and still have Forte to balance out the offense. Defense is still good there too. I think Bears are better overall than they were last season and could possibly give the Packers some trouble for 1st.

Packers 13-3

Bears 12-4

Lions 9-7/10-6

Vikings - stinks

Edited by dropkickshanahans

For how boring the preseason tends to be, I'm quite intrigued by the headlines the past few weeks. I can't believe there's going to be 5 starting Rookie QB's this year. That's nuts! The biggest story of the 5 is Russel Wilson and the fact that former Packer Matt Flynn who's due $10 million this year ($8 guaranteed) will be riding the pine come week one.

Couldn't be more ecstatic to see Benson run the way I knew he would. He makes our offense beyond dangerous and it was so nice to see the #1 Defense play to the level they're capable of.

I'm curious to see what, if anything Detroit does in their backfield given the recent developments. With Smith banged up and Best out through the first 6 weeks, they'll be quite one-dimensional on offense without nabbing someone else.

Da Bears should be making short work of the Colts. Apart from 2 defensive ends, what do the colts have on d?

And yes, Andrew Luck, but what targets does he have to work with?

I'm more interested in Thursday night.

As for the rest of the division:

Packers-Better Hope Rodgers don't get hurt. offensive line is as questionable as the Bears' o line is.

Lions: Behind the line of doom (arguably the most talented in the NFL, right with Buffalo's this year) what do they have? And the MADDEN CURSE on Megabomb...

Vikings: Tanking until the new building comes up.

I'm not much of a football fan, but considering there may be no hockey this may be the season where I get back into it more. I am in a few fantasy football leagues so that keeps me pretty current with whats going on in the NFL.

I think what i'm most looking forward to this year is seeing how the big 3 rookies pan out; Luck, RIchardson, and Griffin III. What I do kind of like about football is one player can completely dominate or cause the complete collapse of a team, look at how good the Colts were a couple seasons ago, then Manning sits out the season from injury and they have a near embarassing year. With that said, i'm also eager to see how Peyton pans out in Denver.

Everything kicks off in about 10 hours, here's hoping the NFL won't be the only sport we are watching this winter.

Wow. All of us who are not Packer fans should take a screen shot of the standings. It will probably never happen again this season.

Well, that didn't last long. Bears now in 4th place given the tiebreaker scenario.

I was beyond furious with the effort the Packers put out Sunday afternoon, but this practically makes up for it. This was the type of defense I was talking about in my OP. If they can keep it up and the offense does its normal dominant thing, it should be a "Super" finish to the season.

Sidenote: Can't wait for the Lions-49ers game this weekend.

I'm stuck in a time warp. I shudder when I see "Lions-San Francisco" because in my head I'm thinking Montana to Rice vs Hipple to GuyWhoWillDropTheBallAssumingItGetsToHim.

Need to start thinking "Stafford-Megatron".

I'm disappointed in both Cutler and the O-line. With the set of receivers we have now, he couldn't think to audible a dinkpass to Spaeth/Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett? I saw no less than 5 plays where the Packers threw a blitz and the center of the field was OPEN FOR BUSINESS. OH! EXPLOITABLE! a 6 yard pass can be converted into a 20 yard play when GB brings 7. Our defense played well enough for us to win. I said it. The Bears Defense PLAYED WELL ENOUGH FOR US TO HAVE A STERLING CHANCE. Roflgers was on the turf a good number of times, AND Tim Jennings is poised to break the door off this year so far. Also not sure on the legality of a forward pass while on one knee.

Marshall dropping a sure touchdown didn't help.

Webb doesn't help when he's 6'7" and lets Clay Matthews walk by. Bear hug him and fall on him! you're bigger than he is. Also doesn't help that cutler is shoving him around, even though Webb walked onto the sideline with that big dumb "YUP I F-CKED UP AGAIN" dopey-ass smile on his face.

We do get a honey of a schedule though next 3 weeks. Rams, @ cowboys, Jaguars. If we don't go 3-0, we ain't doin s*** this year.