• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NFL Thread

Rate this topic

NFM: Get this. The Vikings Schedule after thanksgiving goes like this. @ CHI, @ GB, vs CHI. 3 straight weeks of division matchup.

We get the Madden Curse-atron at home on MNF. Plus Stafford will have to throw into the teeth of the ILLINOIS STATE LOTTERY PICK 6 MACHINE!

I love it! That's more than likely 3 straight losses. However, if things stay the way they are now I'll be looking for a split between CHI & MIN.

That being said, its LGW vs. Hiei tonight! Sorry Hiei, but I'm with LGW for the duration of the day. I don't see the Lions pulling it off, but it should be a fun game.

I don't know if any of you watched the Packers-Rams game yesterday afternoon, but what Aaron Rodgers did on his final TD pass, no one in the world should be able to do. My jaw simply dropped the moment Cobb hauled in that perfect pass. This is the type of stuff that makes him the best QB in the world:

Fast forward to the 2:30 mark.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1379456-packers-vs-rams-full-highlights-and-recap

Here's what a sportscaster had to say about it:

Sort of like the absurd throw Rodgers made to put the game out of reach on Sunday. It's one of the most outrageous throws you will see a human being make … even if there wasn't a defense covering the play. His 39-yard touchdown pass to second-year wide receiver Randall Cobb was like something from a carnival act. The laws of physics shouldn't allow someone to throw ball the way Rodgers did as he was scrambling to his left and was forced to throw against his body.

I love it! That's more than likely 3 straight losses. However, if things stay the way they are now I'll be looking for a split between CHI & MIN.

That being said, its LGW vs. Hiei tonight! Sorry Hiei, but I'm with LGW for the duration of the day. I don't see the Lions pulling it off, but it should be a fun game.

I won over LGW, but I wasn't very happy about it. Offense DID hog the ball for most of the game and mostly did shut down 81, but I'm not happy about the offense's timing (hopefully only shaking off rust from 15 days off). Not happy about 3 passing plays from 1st and Goal on the DET 2. I'm also not happy about playing most of the 2nd half in a prevent defense. We don't win when we're playing to not lose!!!

That said, LGW should be angrier at their lions. a Fumble on the 1/2 yard line is INEXCUSABLE. Let alone some of Stafford's space cowboy throws.

hahahaha. The vikings just got PANTSED by the Buccaneers. AT HOME.

Given the wayward way we've seen this season go, with the Packers blowing up Houston, and the Giants curbstomping San Fran AT CANDLESTICK, I all of a sudden have a big boost of confidence in my Bears! :)

hahahaha. The vikings just got PANTSED by the Buccaneers. AT HOME.

Given the wayward way we've seen this season go, with the Packers blowing up Houston, and the Giants curbstomping San Fran AT CANDLESTICK, I all of a sudden have a big boost of confidence in my Bears! :)

I love hearing all the analysts referring to the AFC as the Junior Varsity conference. :lol: Classic!

Just look at anyone's power rankings and its beyond hilarious. 6 of the top 7 are all from the NFC. Another classic I read was one guy talking about how he wishes two NFC teams could play for the Super Bowl so it might actually mean something this season. His contention was even though we're only 7 weeks in, there's realistically only 7 teams that have a shot at winning the Super Bowl:

Green Bay

Chicago

Atlanta

NY Giants

San Francisco

Houston

New England (Outside chance)

Just look at the pathetic AFC......only 3 teams with a winning record!

the hell folks? weeks pass and NOTHING in here?

Bears 7-1 to take on the texans tonight at home then go TO CANDLESTICK next week to face the 9ers. If we can take Houston tonight, and glorious of shots, take the 9ers next week, that really clears the door to the division, EVEN IF WE LOSE TO THE PACKIES AGAIN.

After SF:

vs MIN

vs SEA

@ Min

vs GB

@ AZ

@ DET

Let's take care of business tonight vs Houston. GO BEARS!

^ I don't know why this thread has been so quiet. Likely due to the fact that the Lions haven't lived up to expectations this season.

Week 10 will officially go down as the QB-Concussion week. Cutler, Smith and Vick....all down for the count.

The Bears loss is a huge confidence boost to an already confident Packers team. Now all they have to do is hold serve with Chicago the rest of the way and win at Soldier Field. The tie-breaker will go to GB as a result.

I'm disappointed in Brandon "That touchdown hit me right in the hands" Marshall. and Kellen Davis will be getting especially intimate with the bench this next week.

I'd be surprised if Cutler started next week vs SF, but I think Campbell needs to be allowed to throw. That bomb to Marshall in the 3rd was most excellent.

Why do we put davis over the middle and throw to Marshall an inordinate amount of times more than anyone else? Bennett was given super clearance last night because of the constant double-teaming on Marshall. Tice, get it together.

From Philadelphia Daily News:

For many years, the National Football League denied the existence of a direct link between playing football and brain damage.

But a new report produced jointly by PBS and ESPN

claims that the league paid players who suffered concussions as early as 1999.

According to the report, the NFL’s retirement board gave disability payments to at least three players after concluding that their brain injuries were caused by playing football. Those payments, spread across the late 1990s and early 2000s, totaled at least $2 million.

This might tarnish the old image.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

I wanna f***in Barf.

Not that it will, but if it makes you feel any better, Crosby is a d*mn joke and may very well cost this team the Super Bowl. Not to mention the fact that the punt, cross-field pitch will go down in history as the single dumbest play-call given the situation. Talk about zero self-awareness of what was going on in the game. On top of that, Grant not protecting the ball against the best ball-stripper in the NFL when they were about to put Chicago away for good....ugh!

The Packers truly tried to give this one to the Bears. I guess that's also the sign of a good team.....one that's able to overcome huge mistakes and misses.

10-6 would probably sneak us into a 6th seed. Disappointing. with the winnable games vs Houston, Minnesota, and Seattle that should have been won, we'd potentially be 13-3 and 2nd place in the NFC

Looks like the Packies are going to throw Jermichael Finley off the island. I don't know that I'd want him on the bears.

It also gives me a lot of pain to see Urlacher lumbering like he has the last few weeks. I know Detroit had Barry Sanders who darted off without a second word still in some kind of career shape. we do have a new GM this year and it's hard to tell what we're going to do this offseason.