• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

I'm disappointed in both Cutler and the O-line. With the set of receivers we have now, he couldn't think to audible a dinkpass to Spaeth/Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett? I saw no less than 5 plays where the Packers threw a blitz and the center of the field was OPEN FOR BUSINESS. OH! EXPLOITABLE! a 6 yard pass can be converted into a 20 yard play when GB brings 7. Our defense played well enough for us to win. I said it. The Bears Defense PLAYED WELL ENOUGH FOR US TO HAVE A STERLING CHANCE. Roflgers was on the turf a good number of times, AND Tim Jennings is poised to break the door off this year so far. Also not sure on the legality of a forward pass while on one knee.

Marshall dropping a sure touchdown didn't help.

Webb doesn't help when he's 6'7" and lets Clay Matthews walk by. Bear hug him and fall on him! you're bigger than he is. Also doesn't help that cutler is shoving him around, even though Webb walked onto the sideline with that big dumb "YUP I F-CKED UP AGAIN" dopey-ass smile on his face.

We do get a honey of a schedule though next 3 weeks. Rams, @ cowboys, Jaguars. If we don't go 3-0, we ain't doin s*** this year.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

If they keep that same officiating crew doing all of the Monday night games, ratings will skyrocket and the WWE will have some serious competition.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image

Picking up the torch passed by his father; they created the way people watch the NFL.

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

As I type this, the Lions are headed to OT. All I can say is, Ho. Lee. s***.

Money on the board:  Current total: $8

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Should have gone for the field goal.

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#26 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I can't believe the 49er's lost to the Vikqueens today. So bummed : (

#27 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

If I were nefarious in nature, I would cheat every single play, operating on the assumption that I wouldn't get caught by the "officials de jour".
Kind of like how a lot of people drive.

#28 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Talk about looking past a team, the 49'ers embarrassed themselves yesterday. I can't say I'm not thrilled about it. With a win tonight, the Packers are back on top of the NFC North and will hold the tiebreaker against CHI for the time being.

Lastly, holy hell the Saints are in shambles. There's no way that veteran of a team is 0-3 simply due to losing Payton. Their other offseason loses seem to be looming huge.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#29 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

From TMZ:

Even announcer Al Michaels commented, "It's the loudest manure chant I've ever heard."

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 24 September 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#30 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,578 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

Tonight has to be the most hilariously awful ending to an NFL game I've ever seen. Packers got screwed tonight with the refs ignoring the push of and the interception. It's amazing that the owners would tarnish the credibility of the league like this.

NFL games are fun to watch now because they're a trainwreck. Not because they're good football.

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Wait a minute... we've been complaining about hockey refs for years now. Suddenly, there's no hockey season and plenty of replacement NFL refs. Coincidence?

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

"Scab" on-field officials can work...at another job.
A Green Bay radio station has thankfully given out Roger Goodell's email address to their listeners.
Ever wonder what a "Chicago hockey legend" does to keep busy: TMZ.

#33 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Getting mad about it just gives credibility to the situation. I didn't watch a Football game last night, it was a circus.

I don't care what happened every single play before the final one....that single play determined a winner and a loser, and they got it wrong.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,578 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

It just shows how willing pro sports owners are to run a sport into the ground so they can make more money.

I haven't been following the NFL ref negotiations that closely, but every passing game just shows the locked out refs are worth the money. It's insane to put a multi-billion dollar league on the shoulders of refs who are from much smaller college and high school programs.

Getting mad about it just gives credibility to the situation. I didn't watch a Football game last night, it was a circus.

I don't care what happened every single play before the final one....that single play determined a winner and a loser, and they got it wrong.

It's crazy. For this season to have any credibility they'd practically have to bring back the real refs, the wipe the records clean and start over for 13 games.

#35 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Posted Image

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image

#37 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Back to "normal" tonight.

#38 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Well, now the NHL lockout can end. Our officials are once again unemployed.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#39 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Perhaps the Packies aren't the media darlings everyone thought they were. Barely squeaking past the 'aints.

Wow Lions. or is that Wow Vikings? Minnesota is 3-1, and if my Bears should stumble tonight, would have sole possession of 1st in the NFC North. Figure that out....

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#40 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Perhaps the Packies aren't the media darlings everyone thought they were. Barely squeaking past the 'aints.

Wow Lions. or is that Wow Vikings? Minnesota is 3-1, and if my Bears should stumble tonight, would have sole possession of 1st in the NFC North. Figure that out....

The Saints are about as much of an 0-4 team as the Cardinals are a 4-0. Their record doesn't even come close to painting the entire picture.

Besides, did you watch the game yesterday? Another blatant P.I. penalty in the end zone that went uncalled gave them one score, Harrel having to come in and play a single down on first and goal (which he fumbled) when Rodgers got poked in the eye and a down by contact call that was beyond atrocious on a kick-off. That game was nothing like the score indicated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users