#1 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403011

Did anyone see this?
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#2 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

they're just protecting themselves from the potential lockout

like i mentioned in the other winter classic thread, i would not be shocked if the winter classic turns out to be the first game of the nhl regular season. would be a hell of way to get the season started if there is a lockout

Edited by chances14, 13 August 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#3 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

7 years since the last lockout. I doubt they recover if it happens this year.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#4 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

The thing I am wondering is how much money the NHL would be wasting to put the game together (to build the ice surface and maintain it) only to not have the outdoor game afterall if there is still a lockout. Because surely they would have to prepare everything well in advance?

#5 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

And how pissed would the hockey starved fans be at that point to see a ready to go outdoor stadium and then Gary Buttman calling it off so he can push around the NHLPA some more?

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#6 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

I love how it says the contract can be broken for "only 100,000 dollars". I wish I had "only 100,000 dollars" in my bank account.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#7 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

if they cancelled this (especially that late) you can guarantee the nhl and bettman will regret pissing off two HUGE fanbases in TO and DET. big mistake.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#8 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

they're just protecting themselves from the potential lockout

like i mentioned in the other winter classic thread, i would not be shocked if the winter classic turns out to be the first game of the nhl regular season. would be a hell of way to get the season started if there is a lockout

That's about 12 groin injuries waiting to happen. But it would be a pretty amazing start to the salvaged partial season.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#9 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

7 years since the last lockout. I doubt they recover if it happens this year.

Last time I stopped watching hockey for a couple years.

#10 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

if they cancelled this (especially that late) you can guarantee the nhl and bettman will regret pissing off two HUGE fanbases in TO and DET. big mistake.

Pissing off Toronto alone could lose Bettman his job.

bringit.jpg