• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Report: NHL can withdraw from Winter Classic as late as Jan. 1st

Rate this topic

they're just protecting themselves from the potential lockout

like i mentioned in the other winter classic thread, i would not be shocked if the winter classic turns out to be the first game of the nhl regular season. would be a hell of way to get the season started if there is a lockout

Edited by chances14

The thing I am wondering is how much money the NHL would be wasting to put the game together (to build the ice surface and maintain it) only to not have the outdoor game afterall if there is still a lockout. Because surely they would have to prepare everything well in advance?

And how pissed would the hockey starved fans be at that point to see a ready to go outdoor stadium and then Gary Buttman calling it off so he can push around the NHLPA some more?

they're just protecting themselves from the potential lockout

like i mentioned in the other winter classic thread, i would not be shocked if the winter classic turns out to be the first game of the nhl regular season. would be a hell of way to get the season started if there is a lockout

That's about 12 groin injuries waiting to happen. But it would be a pretty amazing start to the salvaged partial season.

Guest irishock

if they cancelled this (especially that late) you can guarantee the nhl and bettman will regret pissing off two HUGE fanbases in TO and DET. big mistake.

Pissing off Toronto alone could lose Bettman his job.