Photo
- - - - -

Canadiens sign Pacioretty to six-year extension.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

From The Score:

The Montreal Canadiens have signed forward Max Pacioretty to a multi-year contract extension.

Pacioretty will sign a reported six-year, $27 million extension with the Canadiens, which will go into effect at the end of next season. The 23-year old left winger is in the final year of his existing contract. He is due to make $1.75 million in the upcoming season.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 14 August 2012 - 07:24 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

WOW 6 years.
Good for Pac.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#3 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

overpayment for the first season probably. but overall a great cap hit. doesn't this buy out a couple UFA years? I don't understand why they didnt do a shorter term deal and have at least 1 RFA year to hammer out a long term deal.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#4 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

And we wonder why there is a potential lockout on the horizon. This guy has played 1 full season in the show. He has 53 career goals.. I know he's only 23 but cmon..4.5 million. Nothing and I mean nothing was learned from the first lockout. If anything it's gotten worse..they keep pumping up the cap ( I know it's based on revenue) and guys like this keep getting these ridiculous contracts. He will score 18 goals next year and this contract will be a complete abortion that the Habs will be stuck with.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#5 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Good for Maxpac fine player and a very managable salary.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#6 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Don't see how its an overpayment at all. Hudler and Leino make the same amount, and Pac is a young up and coming player with 30+ goal capabilities. Six years makes this a really really good deal for the Habs assuming he stays healthy.
Posted Image