• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Canadiens sign Pacioretty to six-year extension.

Rate this topic

From The Score:

The Montreal Canadiens have signed forward Max Pacioretty to a multi-year contract extension.

Pacioretty will sign a reported six-year, $27 million extension with the Canadiens, which will go into effect at the end of next season. The 23-year old left winger is in the final year of his existing contract. He is due to make $1.75 million in the upcoming season.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

And we wonder why there is a potential lockout on the horizon. This guy has played 1 full season in the show. He has 53 career goals.. I know he's only 23 but cmon..4.5 million. Nothing and I mean nothing was learned from the first lockout. If anything it's gotten worse..they keep pumping up the cap ( I know it's based on revenue) and guys like this keep getting these ridiculous contracts. He will score 18 goals next year and this contract will be a complete abortion that the Habs will be stuck with.

Don't see how its an overpayment at all. Hudler and Leino make the same amount, and Pac is a young up and coming player with 30+ goal capabilities. Six years makes this a really really good deal for the Habs assuming he stays healthy.