• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Flyers, Simmonds Agree to Six-Year Contract Extension.

Rate this topic

From philly.com:

Wayne Simmonds has spent a little more than one full year as a member of the Flyers, but he took a huge step on Wednesday to making Philadelphia his home for a long time.

According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Flyers and Simmonds agreed to a 6-year contract extension.

Simmonds, 23, will earn approximately $24 million over those 6 years with McKenzie’s estimated $4 million in average annual value. It is unclear how the deal will be structured as to whether it is back-loaded or front-loaded.

Good signing for the Flyers, but in reality, where is all this money coming from? They're almost right up to the cap now and they have guys who will be getting raises in a year or 2. Matt Read and Sean Couturier in 2 years will be getting massive raises from their 1.375 mil and 900K. Probably to around 3.5 mil each at least. Holmgren is a bold GM, but he's rash. He's like a kid that keeps building a fort and knocking it down so he can try to build it better but he always leaves a weakness. Bryzgalov sucks hard.

We need a Wayne Simmonds.

It was strange because after looking at one of the tweets before i read he was resigned with philly i had this feeling that the wings had signed him, eventhough it didnt make sense. i think we need a black guy in detroit lol.

whats the chance we make a shot at couturier? what would be his price to us?

edit: for some reason I thought courturier was a D-man. god knows we dont need any more forwards.

Edited by Din758

It was strange because after looking at one of the tweets before i read he was resigned with philly i had this feeling that the wings had signed him, eventhough it didnt make sense. i think we need a black guy in detroit lol.

whats the chance we make a shot at couturier? what would be his price to us?

Quit playing games with my heart!

Good signing for the Flyers, but in reality, where is all this money coming from? They're almost right up to the cap now and they have guys who will be getting raises in a year or 2. Matt Read and Sean Couturier in 2 years will be getting massive raises from their 1.375 mil and 900K. Probably to around 3.5 mil each at least. Holmgren is a bold GM, but he's rash. He's like a kid that keeps building a fort and knocking it down so he can try to build it better but he always leaves a weakness. Bryzgalov sucks hard.

that guy in their head office never hesistates to trade few players

Good deal for Philly. He's deveoping into a solid power forward. 49 points and 114 penalty minutes (10 fighting majors) last season.

wow. never knew his numbers are that good.

Edited by RusDRW