• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtydangles

Prospects Tournament Cancelled

Rate this topic

Bummer. It looks like a lockout is coming. Especially with Bettman saying that the players and GMs are so far apart. And despite the players saying they would play without a new CBA, the owners have said that they definitely will lock the players out if there is not an agreement (translation: if the players don't cave to all the owners demands) by the 15th.

Starting to look inevitable, unfortunately...

I used this video once before (when Maj went completely nuts over the Tootoo signing lol) so i hate to use it again, but I feel like it perfectly describes how I feel right now.

Bettman is going to kill hockey :(((((( the only good I can take from this is maybe the league will go back to pre-lockout style hockey, but knowing uncle gary he'll only make it worse again :((((((

I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with myself this winter without hockey. I'm already losing it over here and it's only August :((((((

i'm surprised. i still thought it would be a great learning experience etc regardless of whether or not there is a new season. guess not.

This is what i was thinking too...why cancel the prospect tourney? most of those guys go back to Jr after that and they know what kind of competition they're up against to make their team in the future and what kind of competition they're up against collectively on other teams. I for one think this is that show that should go on. Very surprised that Kenny threw in the towel on this one. He should have kept the tourney on and kept it "business as usual" if for no other reason than to give the players and fans hope. I feel worse than yesterday about a lockout happening. Guess i won't be getting Centre Ice this year. this sucks!

I think the prospect camp was cancelled mostly because of the other teams participating this year. It was not all Holland's decision, but the collective vote of 5 or six teams. From a planning perspective, many are traveling long distance by plane and have to consider the cost of travel, hotels, etc and booking all that, whereas Detroit just has to drive up north. It's a bummer, but it is understandable.

Well, that sucks donkey balls.

I feel bad for the kids, but I do think that cancelling it well in advance was the right choice by the families and also the businesses (especially motels) in the area that would have been effected by being forced to cancel at a later date.

This really sucks, I was really looking forward to going to this again as well as the DRWTC. Honestly in the past few years I've personally had more fun watching the Prospects Tournament than the Wings Training Camp. I'm still hopeful there we'll be camp but we'll see. I wonder how they are going to do tickets if they have the camp. I just hope there isn't another NHL Lockout.

This pisses me off to no end. Lockout or not, holland's excuses for cancelling this tournament don't fly with me.

I'm with you on this one. As much as the Wings apparently dislike Buttman, they should have kept the tourney on schedule and kept it business as usual as though there's a season on the way, not play into Buttman's hand and basically concede to a lockout starting from the bottom at the Prospect Tournament.