• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtydangles

IF there is a lockout, where will our players likely end up?

Rate this topic

Hard to say. If there is a lockout, do you jump the gun and go play somewhere or do you wait, thinking the lockout will end sooner rather than later.

The other thing to think about is that guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg are older now. They were in their mid-late 20's the last time, but being older now, would they prefer the rest? Or is it more important to play in order to stay in shape....if they don't play, might be harder to get in shape than younger guys.

Hard to say. If there is a lockout, do you jump the gun and go play somewhere or do you wait, thinking the lockout will end sooner rather than later.

The other thing to think about is that guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg are older now. They were in their mid-late 20's the last time, but being older now, would they prefer the rest? Or is it more important to play in order to stay in shape....if they don't play, might be harder to get in shape than younger guys.

I posted in another thread that it would be cool to get some of our guys playing with our prospect talent in europe. Jarnkrok is in Brynas and Z could possibly head there with Franzen. Fil could go to Jokerit to play with Pulks and develop some chemistry. I just think it would be good to make lemonade with these lemons and get our prospects accustomed to the boys early. Not to mention Jarnkrok and Pulks could be making the team the year after the lockout...

Good question. I can see some of the Euros going back to their home countries. I can see some of the younger ones going to the AHL or another minor league.

Or they can go the route Bert went last time and play in a beer league, but to keep it fair, they'd have to play goalie.

Come to think of it, maybe that should be mandatory. We'd lead the league in blocked shots.

This.

I think that Dats and Z to name a couple would rest up and be ready in case there's half a season.

Personally I'd like to see the entire roster in GR...at least the Griffs would finally make the playoffs

what would happen to our player development though? even if we put a bunch of our guys in, this would go against EVERYTHING we do in holding our prospects back so they can "get meaningful minutes." I say our roster boys should stay far away from GR and let our guys there continue with their stuff... would we just stuff all our prospects in toledo?

I don't know the answer to the op's question, but I wonder how it would work with the KHL given that I'm pretty sure each league has to honor the other's contracts? Anybody know if this would be a problem or no?

The real question for me is there any way of getting access to the Swedish and Russian hockey leagues (among others) via internet? Paid or unpaid. Is there a Center Ice package for other leagues? How will I get my hockey fill???

There are all sorts of streaming sites that you can choose from, and usually they'll have KHL games at least. Plus, I'd imagine if the NHL locked out and all the talent was in other leagues then more international streams would pop up to deal with the demand.

Here are a few I use:

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

http://www.vipbox.tv/

http://www.slipstrea...heduleframe.php

Edited by kipwinger

what would happen to our player development though? even if we put a bunch of our guys in, this would go against EVERYTHING we do in holding our prospects back so they can "get meaningful minutes." I say our roster boys should stay far away from GR and let our guys there continue with their stuff... would we just stuff all our prospects in toledo?

I wouldn't mind some talent down here.

Sending our top guns to the GR will destroy the development process big time. They are kids growing into adults by getting their meaningful minutes, if we send our stars back down these players would sit in the press box and watch them playing.

I think some will end up in Sweden, Switzerland and guys like Datsyuk in the KHL.

the ahl has limits on the number of vets each team can have. so its not as if we could send the entire roster. obviously the young guys could play there like smith and nyquist, but not everyone could go even if we wanted to. we also have to remember most of the euro leagues have caps on the number of foreign players, so those slots might go pretty fast too.

also, for the guy asking earlier, the ahl has an agreement with the phpa. the phpa represents the players in the ahl, echl, and chl. they're currently having no labor issues.

I'm interested in who is even eligible for AHL play. If I'm not mistaken, its ages 22 and under, plus players with a two-way clause, and certain number of older players per team (I'm thinking its 4?). Who in the Wings system qualifies? Who are realistic candidates for filling the few veteran spots?

Also, what notable players around the league qualify?

One person I absolutely want to see stay and play in the AHL is Brunner. I'll be seriously disappointed if he spends the lockout in the Swiss League.

I'm pretty sure that if there's no season, you're gonna see a lot of NHL players playing NHL13 online. That'll keep them sharp. I will be their friends as well unless they're Cansucks or Waddling s*** Birds. :lol:

The thought of not having hockey this year is making me lose it if you guys haven't noticed.