• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

Nyquist vs. Brunner

Rate this topic

I'll be happy if they can both maintain a regular spot in the lineup theoughout the entire season. The potential is certainly there for both players, but transitioning to the NHL for a full 82 is a task in itself.

Yeah, I really don't think that's going to be an issue this season the way the CBA talks are going.

I'd agree with the idea that nyq Is a better guess because we've seen him play. Brunner is a big question mark until we see how he adjusts.

But I'd say it'll ultimately be which line each of them are on that determines who puts up more points.

Guest Johnz96

Issu

brunner seems to be a good add to our team. he has some good hands, nice speed and a great shot. but am i the only one, who sees a little issue in his skating abilities? i hope im not right, but he might look like a concussion candidate too...

by the way. take a look at the stats, joe thornton and rick nash had in the swiss league in the lockout 04/05 comparing to damien...

2004/05 HC Davos-Swiss Games-40 Goals-10 Assist-44 Points-54

PIM-80 (Thornton)

2004/05 HC Davos-Swiss Games-44 Goals-26 Assist-20 Points-46 PIM-83 (Nash)

2010/11 EV Zug Games-45 Goals-24 Assist-36 Points-60 PIM (?) (Brunner)

You say nice speed and then you say you have an issue with his skating. Skating is supposed to be a strength for him. What is your issue with his skating?

Nash' and Thorton's numbers in the Swiss league are similar to Brunner but so are Red Wings draft pick Petr Sykora's.

When Nash and Thorton played in Switzerland so did other NHLers making it a more competitive league than it is now, although I do think Brunner will be a star in this league because of his combination of skill, skating and grit (something that he also noted for something that Brunnstrom and Leino never were)

Issu

You say nice speed and then you say you have an issue with his skating. Skating is supposed to be a strength for him. What is your issue with his skating?

Nash' and Thorton's numbers in the Swiss league are similar to Brunner but so are Red Wings draft pick Petr Sykora's.

When Nash and Thorton played in Switzerland so did other NHLers making it a more competitive league than it is now, although I do think Brunner will be a star in this league because of his combination of skill, skating and grit (something that he also noted for something that Brunnstrom and Leino never were)

I think he was referring to Brunner's tendency to tip toe around in the middle of the ice while skating. Toe dragging and cutting back and what not. His skating ability is not to be questioned, but his decision making needs to change if he doesn't want to get killed in our league.

Guest The Axe

nyquist is the favorite right now because we've seen him play in the nhl and he looked good. brunner... well we just gotta hope his goals translate to the nhl

I dont think they will. Hes no stamkos.

@ Johnz96

skating ability is not just speed alone. but that wasnt what i ment. maybe i used the wrong words. in other words... i hope he is keeping his head up when he cuts the middle.

i think his stats in the swiss league speak for him. in the lockout 04/05 just a few but not many stars from the nhl played in this league.