18 replies to this topic

#1 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Thought this was funny, saw this on my Twitter today and thought you guys would like this! :)

Attached File  A0jDuMOCIAEgPnb.jpg large.jpg   104.21KB   221 downloads

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#2 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image
The follow up.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#3 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

the next one should read...

welcome to 25 years of relevancy anahe...i mean bosto...wait a min, caroli...no...tampa ba, whoever you are.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#4 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

I have the sneaking suspicion we are going to surprise a lot of people this year...TBC
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#5 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

WTF hahaha

Red Wings, Kings engage in minor Twitter war

http://www.foxsports...053&feedID=3701

*queue up the west side story music

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#6 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

The Wings feed hit the nail on the head. Although they're often funny, the Kings social media team really has been yapping like an attention starved puppy for awhile now.

It's great that they won the Stanley Cup. Now instead of having none, they have the same number of cups as Dallas, Calgary, Anaheim, Carolina and Tampa Bay. That's some elite company there...

*queue up the west side story music

That only works when San Jose and Winnipeg get in a twitter war...

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#7 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

The Wings feed hit the nail on the head. Although they're often funny, the Kings social media team really has been yapping like an attention starved puppy for awhile now.

It's great that they won the Stanley Cup. Now instead of having none, they have the same number of cups as Dallas, Calgary, Anaheim, Carolina and Tampa Bay. That's some elite company there...

That only works when San Jose and Winnipeg get in a twitter war...

hahahaha
Oh and remind me never to go over to the L.A. forum again. Geez. hahahah

I didn't think it was that bad. They win 1 cup in what almost 50 years and they act like they have won their 10th straight?? Show some class L.A. It's great that they won it. I was really happy for them but wow. hahaha Maybe they should take on a team like they yotes or the panthers on twitter before they step up to the big dogs. hahaha

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 20 August 2012 - 11:28 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#8 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

I thought the "twitter war" was kinda funny. Though the last thing the Kings said...it's only been 4 years since the last cup win. God forbid we have to go more than 6 like last time... :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#9 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

What have the Kings done since we last won??? Aside from 2012??? A division maybe?

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,136 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

What's funny is the original tweet is actually referring to a comment made by a blogger for the Wild. It's just a little feature they've been doing where they'll discuss various topics with bloggers from other markets.

The Wild blogger is apparently still enjoying the Suter signing and declares the Wings dead.

The Kings twitter is usually pretty entertaining but they missed the mark chirping the Wings on this one. Especially with the "since last won the Cup" comment.

And it looks like they've deleted most of the chirping and changed sent a much milder tweet containing the link.

Here's the original comment by the Wild blogger:

2.One team in each the East and West that made the playoffs last year but will drop out of the top 8, and why.

Nathan Eide - East: Pittsburgh Penguins. Sidney Crosby will miss 60 games. Evgeni Malkin will miss 65 games and their defense is fraudulent. Karma has to come to Pittsburgh, right?

West: Detroit. Ding, dong, the Wings are dead. Too many holes, not enough aging Europeans to fill them.

http://kings.nhl.com...s.htm?id=639951

#11 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Wings twitter won that exchange no doubt
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#12 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Great analysis provided there. The Red Wings certainly have holes, but the aging Europeans line is stupidity. The team has gotten drastically younger the past two off-seasons now. Seems like uneducated "experts" have used the same garbage to declare the Red Wings dead for a decade now.

The Wings' twitter comeback was awesome too. They have come a long way in the social media world since Tom Wilson arrived.

Edited by GoWings1905, 20 August 2012 - 02:07 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#13 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,136 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Great analysis provided there. The Red Wings certainly have holes, but the aging Europeans line is stupidity. The team has gotten drastically younger the past two off-seasons now. Seems like uneducated "experts" have used the same garbage to declare the Red Wings dead for a decade now.

The Wings' twitter comeback was awesome too. They have come a long way in the social media world since Tom Wilson arrived.

like I said, it's just some bitter blogger for the Wild. it could be centcougar for all we know. Most of the comments seem to be about teams he clearly disdains and hopes will fail.

One of the other guy responds saying you can never count the Wings out.

#14 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Kings last comment made me laugh.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Charge your phone.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#16 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Charge your phone.

Haha it wasn't my phone that capture the screen, it was a buddy of mine and I just saved the picture from twitter on my own phone. Don't worry, my phone is at 82% right now :)

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#17 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

I think this back and forth is great. Shows the competitiveness between teams. Some of you are taking it way too seriously though. It's just jokes between Twitter feeds. Get over yourself.

#18 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I think this back and forth is great. Shows the competitiveness between teams. Some of you are taking it way too seriously though. It's just jokes between Twitter feeds. Get over yourself.

I personally love it. Some good natured trash talking keeps things interesting and fun.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#19 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

oh boy we always have someone telling everyone to get over themselves..Where is anyone taking it too seriously?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg