• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Player Haters (not so) Anonymous

Rate this topic

Name former/current Wings that I hate(d) without pulling any punches? Ok. In no particular order:

1. Jason Woolley- Was never a fan.

2. Jason Williams- Soft, had some tools but never became anything relevant. Never liked him.

3. Robert Lang- Lazy defensively. Didn't play with a lot of heart, imo. Was happy when he left.

4. Cory Emmerton- Can't stand him. Soft as butter. Doesn't really do a lot offensively. Doesn't sacrifice the body to block shots. Trade him away, please.

5. Jiri Hudler- So happy he's gone. He had his moments. Played decent in 2008 when we won. Didn't mind him all that much then. Never liked him after he bolted. Soft as hell and irrelevant far too often.

6. Ville Leino- Never fit in with Detroit. Happy we got rid of him. Too one-dimensional.

7. Ray Whitney- Just a bad fit with Detroit.

8. Uwe Kruup- Obviously.

9. Tomas Kopecky- Wow, so glad he's gone. Always got his ass kicked when he fought. Showed some offensive potential, but hasn't turned into anyone notable since leaving.

10. Jakub Kindl- He's got some potential, but he's just one that I'll never like. Don't like him.

11. Johan Franzen- Had an incredible postseason in 2008. He's been a major floater the last few years. He rarely plays with any kind of physicality, when he clearly has the tools to play that way. Trade him for a legit power forward that has a pair of balls and commitment to showing up every game and giving 110%.

Flame away.

Kopecky is a good one I didn't think of.

He used to frustrate the hell out of me when in Detroit, then I've been baffled by his good fortune ever since. He is the Homer Simpson of the hockey world, stumbling into one great situation after another in spite of his mediocrity.

Williams' head is kinda pumpkin-like. That has to count for something.

Like, you're a player, and you're playing against the Williams Era Wings, and you're looking down at the puck...and then you look up, and--HOLY S***!!! IS THAT GUY'S HEAD A PUM...wait, no, it's definitely not a pumpkin! (And by this point Datsyuk has picked his pocket and yadda yadda.)

I'm just saying.

Kopecky is a good one I didn't think of.

He used to frustrate the hell out of me when in Detroit, then I've been baffled by his good fortune ever since. He is the Homer Simpson of the hockey world, stumbling into one great situation after another in spite of his mediocrity.

He's come across some cash since he left, but I don't feel like he's playing all that much better than he did in Detroit. Had a good year in Chicago, and then barely managed 30 points last year.

He's come across some cash since he left, but I don't feel like he's playing all that much better than he did in Detroit. Had a good year in Chicago, and then barely managed 30 points last year.

Actually that's exactly my point.

He seems to be the luckiest hockey player on the planet. I didn't watch many Hawks games but it seems like when I did, Hossa would carry the puck up ice, deke some defenseman, get off a great shot as everyone piled on the goalie, then Kopecky would slam home the rebound sitting in front of a wide open net. Of course falling down as he was doing it.

I don't think he's a particularly good player but he ends up with Hossa in Chicago, then gets a 4 year $3 million contract in Florida. With the Hawks he got icetime his play didn't really warrant, and with Florida he gets a 4 year contract his play doesn't really warrant.