• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Player Haters (not so) Anonymous

Rate this topic

I hate Wendel Clark, he was a useless goon that only has recognition around the league because he was the best player on terrible teams. He is everything hockey shouldn't be, he was not smart, he was not skilled and most of all he was ugly and I didn't like his hair.

Guest Johnz96

I hate Wendel Clark, he was a useless goon that only has recognition around the league because he was the best player on terrible teams. He is everything hockey shouldn't be, he was not smart, he was not skilled and most of all he was ugly and I didn't like his hair.

Wendel was a great player

Conklin. Partly because I felt sick to my stomach most of the time when he was in net but even when he wasn't being useless I didn't like him. Some weird irrational hatred...I actually feel a little bit bad for how much I don't like him.

Do you hate everyone who's ever been in a hockey fight?

How can you say Wendel Clark was a useless goon? He wasn't even a goon. The guy was a pretty good player in his prime. I suppose he scored 300 goals despite having "no skill" as you put it?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Do you hate everyone who's ever been in a hockey fight?

How can you say Wendel Clark was a useless goon? He wasn't even a goon. The guy was a pretty good player in his prime. I suppose he scored 300 goals despite having "no skill" as you put it?

Bertuzzi has 300 goals playing in the dead puck era. Obviously Wendel wasn't terrible he was well above average, but I just never liked him for some reason.

Btw I like Crosby and he gets into fights.

Guest Johnz96

Crosby is an *******

Bertuzzi has 303 goals in 1093 games, Clark scored 330 in 793 games and his career was cut short because he played hard all the time and sacrificed his body to get the job done. If Bert played with half the heart that Wendel played with we would have a much better team and even more success than we have had

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Hmmmm....let me see..... I think everyone here, knows who I hated the most, followed closely by Joanna Franzine...but for those of you who dont recall, it is Jiri Piddler....

Our top 2 goal scorers last year. Personally I don't hate any Wings but I sure don't like all the ignorant posters on Wings' forums

Edited by Johnz96

Crosby is an *******

Bertuzzi has 303 goals in 1093 games, Clark scored 330 in 793 games and his career was cut short because he played hard all the time and sacrificed his body to get the job done. If Bert played with half the heart that Wendel played with we would have a much better team and even more success than we have had

No doubt Crosby is an ******, Crosby is also one of the most talented NHL player of all time.

And Clark's career was cut short because he did not play the game smartly. His numbers were drastically inflated.due to the era he played in, no way are John Ogrodnick's 400 goals as impressive as let's say Marian Hossa's 400 goals. Maybe Clark would have been a good player he if actually lead his team on the ice, instead of wasting 28% of the games in the penalty box.

The team choked....CuJo.had the lowest GAA in the playoffs that season. Goalies arent expected to score goals as well as stop them....

You do realize what your referring here can't actually be referable. Cujo, only played 4 games in those playoffs. Other goalies played more then him so you can't refer to that and even in the series Cujo got outplayed by Giguerre. Our team didn't choke, we had chances that we're unbeleivable saves by Giguerre, he stepped up when he needed to and Cujo just couldn't compete at the same level.

Guest Johnz96

You do realize what your referring here can't actually be referable. Cujo, only played 4 games in those playoffs. Other goalies played more then him so you can't refer to that and even in the series Cujo got outplayed by Giguerre. Our team didn't choke, we had chances that we're unbeleivable saves by Giguerre, he stepped up when he needed to and Cujo just couldn't compete at the same level.

Giguere really took advantage of the NHL turning a blind eye to growing goalie equipment size to help facilitate parity. He really looked like the Michelin man

Guest Johnz96

No doubt Crosby is an ******, Crosby is also one of the most talented NHL player of all time.

And Clark's career was cut short because he did not play the game smartly. His numbers were drastically inflated.due to the era he played in, no way are John Ogrodnick's 400 goals as impressive as let's say Marian Hossa's 400 goals. Maybe Clark would have been a good player he if actually lead his team on the ice, instead of wasting 28% of the games in the penalty box.

Clark played in the dead puck era which started when Bettman became commissioner. He promoted the drastic increase in size of goalie equipment and obstruction as a means of facilitating parity and giving new expansion teams a better chance of winning and was very successful with that as Florida made it to the SCF in only their 2nd year of existence (year of the Rat (Bettman)] and ended after the last lockout when they decided to call obstruction calls again.

So you like one of the most despicable characters hockey has ever known (right up there with Avery, Bettman and Bobby Clarke) and hate one of the most upstanding the game has ever seen. I think that says something about your character

Unless he is a despicable character like Bettman, Crosby or Avery, I don't understand why you would hate any hockey players especially ones that play on your team.

I mentioned Bert earlier but I don't hate him, I just think he is detrimental to the team's success as is proven by the team's record with and without him over the years

Edited by Johnz96

Unless he is a despicable character like Bettman, Crosby or Avery, I don't understand why you would hate any hockey players especially ones that play on your team.

What a great character Wendel Clark was? I'm pretty sure he's the one that got a match penalty for slashing one of the NHL's nicest and cleanest players(sarcasm don't kill me, I hate Bryan Marchment) in the throat.

I think Sports Illustrated compared Wendel Clark very well with Alex Burrows, very similar players.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/nhl.toughest.players/content.5.html

Guest Johnz96

What a great character Wendel Clark was? I'm pretty sure he's the one that got a match penalty for slashing one of the NHL's nicest and cleanest players(sarcasm don't kill me, I hate Bryan Marchment) in the throat.

I think Sports Illustrated compared Wendel Clark very well with Alex Burrows, very similar players.

http://sportsillustr.../content.5.html

Burrows can't go toe to toe with the leagues toughest and he can't score 40 goals. Burrows is a pest, Clark was one of the best hockey players of his era.

http://sportsillustr.../content.5.html

That's got to be a joke. Burrows is a yapping, hair pulling, finger biting, d-bag. Clark was a tough player who backed up anything he did on the ice.

I didn't like Clark on the Wings but only because I hated him so much when he was on the Leafs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-KfQKvxzpw