• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Never liked Marian Hossa before or after he was in the D. Jason Williams because he was so damn soft and useless, and for a Canadian he didn't have a lick of compete in him.

#NOMOREKINDL

#42 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Crosby is an *******
Bertuzzi has 303 goals in 1093 games, Clark scored 330 in 793 games and his career was cut short because he played hard all the time and sacrificed his body to get the job done. If Bert played with half the heart that Wendel played with we would have a much better team and even more success than we have had

No doubt Crosby is an ******, Crosby is also one of the most talented NHL player of all time.

And Clark's career was cut short because he did not play the game smartly. His numbers were drastically inflated.due to the era he played in, no way are John Ogrodnick's 400 goals as impressive as let's say Marian Hossa's 400 goals. Maybe Clark would have been a good player he if actually lead his team on the ice, instead of wasting 28% of the games in the penalty box.

#43 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

The team choked....CuJo.had the lowest GAA in the playoffs that season. Goalies arent expected to score goals as well as stop them....

You do realize what your referring here can't actually be referable. Cujo, only played 4 games in those playoffs. Other goalies played more then him so you can't refer to that and even in the series Cujo got outplayed by Giguerre. Our team didn't choke, we had chances that we're unbeleivable saves by Giguerre, he stepped up when he needed to and Cujo just couldn't compete at the same level.

#44 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

You do realize what your referring here can't actually be referable. Cujo, only played 4 games in those playoffs. Other goalies played more then him so you can't refer to that and even in the series Cujo got outplayed by Giguerre. Our team didn't choke, we had chances that we're unbeleivable saves by Giguerre, he stepped up when he needed to and Cujo just couldn't compete at the same level.

Giguere really took advantage of the NHL turning a blind eye to growing goalie equipment size to help facilitate parity. He really looked like the Michelin man

#45 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

No doubt Crosby is an ******, Crosby is also one of the most talented NHL player of all time.

And Clark's career was cut short because he did not play the game smartly. His numbers were drastically inflated.due to the era he played in, no way are John Ogrodnick's 400 goals as impressive as let's say Marian Hossa's 400 goals. Maybe Clark would have been a good player he if actually lead his team on the ice, instead of wasting 28% of the games in the penalty box.

Clark played in the dead puck era which started when Bettman became commissioner. He promoted the drastic increase in size of goalie equipment and obstruction as a means of facilitating parity and giving new expansion teams a better chance of winning and was very successful with that as Florida made it to the SCF in only their 2nd year of existence (year of the Rat (Bettman)] and ended after the last lockout when they decided to call obstruction calls again.
So you like one of the most despicable characters hockey has ever known (right up there with Avery, Bettman and Bobby Clarke) and hate one of the most upstanding the game has ever seen. I think that says something about your character

Unless he is a despicable character like Bettman, Crosby or Avery, I don't understand why you would hate any hockey players especially ones that play on your team.
I mentioned Bert earlier but I don't hate him, I just think he is detrimental to the team's success as is proven by the team's record with and without him over the years

Edited by Johnz96, 19 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#46 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Modano
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#47 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Unless he is a despicable character like Bettman, Crosby or Avery, I don't understand why you would hate any hockey players especially ones that play on your team.

What a great character Wendel Clark was? I'm pretty sure he's the one that got a match penalty for slashing one of the NHL's nicest and cleanest players(sarcasm don't kill me, I hate Bryan Marchment) in the throat.

I think Sports Illustrated compared Wendel Clark very well with Alex Burrows, very similar players.

http://sportsillustr.../content.5.html

#48 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

What a great character Wendel Clark was? I'm pretty sure he's the one that got a match penalty for slashing one of the NHL's nicest and cleanest players(sarcasm don't kill me, I hate Bryan Marchment) in the throat.

I think Sports Illustrated compared Wendel Clark very well with Alex Burrows, very similar players.

Burrows can't go toe to toe with the leagues toughest and he can't score 40 goals. Burrows is a pest, Clark was one of the best hockey players of his era.

#49 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

I hate Wendel Clark, he was a useless goon that only has recognition around the league because he was the best player on terrible teams. He is everything hockey shouldn't be, he was not smart, he was not skilled and most of all he was ugly and I didn't like his hair.

Couldn't disagree more...

He was the heart & soul of the Leafs...Major props to the guy for playing "Old School" hockey; could score goals, and stood up for himself, and teammates.

His last few seasons in the NHL were nothing to write home about; a bad back, and multiple knee injuries really slowed him down due to his style of play...I'll be the 1st to admit that he was rather useless in his stint as a Red Wing back in 1999...That said he's 1 of my favorite players of all time.

Wendel was a great player

Spot on!

Relying on anything from "SI" to back your point of view is rather weak when considering how poorly "SI" covers anything relating to the NHL.

I bet you get your salsa recipes from "Popular Mechanics"?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#50 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

That's got to be a joke. Burrows is a yapping, hair pulling, finger biting, d-bag. Clark was a tough player who backed up anything he did on the ice.

I didn't like Clark on the Wings but only because I hated him so much when he was on the Leafs.

#51 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Ferry Perry. I can't stand him. I want his face pounded in so bad.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#52 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Actually I have one more that I'm ashamed to admit. I guess in this case I just tell myself that emotions are inherently irrational but I remember getting extra pissed off whenever Larionov took an untimely penalty. Now, I understand in my head that he definitely wasn't the only one who took untimely penalties but for some reason I just couldn't have enough haterade whenever he in particular did so.

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just because Giguerre outplayed CuJo doesn't make CuJo a choke....Giggy outplayed every other goalie in the playoffs and won a Conn Smythe in a losing effort in the finals...The Red Wings scored 6 goals in 4 games and gave up 10...thats only 2.5 GA per game and only 1.5 Goals For...not exactly choking, but the Wings need to score more than 1.5 Goals...even when Hasek was in goal...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#54 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

All I can think of when I read the title of this thread is this..

Posted Image

On a more serious note, I never cared for Robert Lang.. And I have trouble liking Mikael Samuelsson but he has a knack for scoring at the right moment which is usually enough for me to put up with him.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#55 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Relying on anything from "SI" to back your point of view is rather weak when considering how poorly "SI" covers anything relating to the NHL.

I bet you get your salsa recipes from "Popular Mechanics"?

I should clarify that I don't like Wendel Clark. He jumped the gun on too many fights and was a dirty player at times. But he was a great fighter who held his own against top heavies like Probert and Wilson. Don't know why he felt the need to cheat in so many of his bouts.

I just didn't understand Carman saying that Clark had no skill or was somehow nothing more than a goon. That's not true. Like I said, he was a very good player and scored a lot of big goals for the Leafs. He carried them in those '93 playoffs. That was why I took exception to his post.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#56 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Ken Holland.

:tounge:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#57 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I have an undenialble hatred for Hasek. Every time someone mentions him being a wing or winning the cup, I get twitchy. It all started when he was with Buffalo. A friend of mine won a " day at the rink" with the Sabres and his 9 year old son was a HUGE Dom fan. The kid only went to see Dom...he talked about it for 5 weeks straight ( I worked with his dad and played hockey on a co ed team with him. Anyway, day at the rink comes, Dave and his kid Tyler go. He takes a poster of " The Dominator" with him and cheers Dom for 2 hours straight. The kid is so excited he barfed the morning before because he was gonna meet Dom. At the end of the skate, he is supposed to meet Hasek and Hasek LEAVES the ice. Finally the " day at the rink sponsor go back to the rooms and get Dom to come back out and Dom is pissed.....he said his leg was bothering him, was speaking in czech, wouldn't sign the poster...generally bein the biggest d* ever. I hated him from that moment on. I had heard he was very good with kids prior but that just sent me into a tailspin.
Once he got to Detroit, I WANTED to like him....but he was such a prima Donna. Even when he played well, I'd find myself secretly loathing him or thinking " why can't you wear a normal helmet??" I nearly lost my cheese in 08 when we were playing Nashville and he couldn't stop a beach ball the 1st two games. I cant explain the joy i felt when Ozzie came in...lol. Anyway...still I don't like Dom ( obviously) but I get that he was brilliant here at times. Ick.

Edited by Motown4013, 19 August 2012 - 08:32 PM.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#58 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

It's taken some time for me to think of a Red Wing that I didn't care for...

Even though he played an important role in the Wings last 4 Cups, and was a member of the "Grind Line" - I gotta say I would get annoyed at times with Kirk Maltby's exaggeration in order to draw a penalty, and then would back down when challenged...One particular moment was when he was getting under the skin of then Maple Leafs Steve Sullivan; Sully challenged Maltby (who of course backed away) - only to get an additional 2 min for roughing.

Once again I didn't "hate" Malts - just got annoyed from time to time.

#59 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Am I the only one who hated Ladislav Kohn?

The guy cost us so many playoff games, that I lost count.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#60 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Am I the only one who hated Ladislav Kohn?

The guy cost us so many playoff games, that I lost count.

Dude.....Don't get me started.