• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Red Wings player ratings for NHL 13

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Ratings_detroit.jpg

I think Kronwall and Quincey are a bit too high, Nyquist way too low, Franzen, Filppula and Helm a little lower

Pavel has 95 deke, Bert should definitely have 90+ as well.

Edited by irishock

Surprised Datsyuk rose, since his numbers didn't exactly spike last season. Kronwall got higher as well, significantly from what I remember him being. I think Howard's overall got worse, which is a little surprising.

But then again, the game rates pretty much everyone above a 75. Even enforcers were rated in the 80's in the last game. The whole rating system made no sense to me.

I don't see any reason to buy this game. The freezing issues last year were a joke and the game had other issues that EA didn't seem to care about.

Still not as bad as FIFA's scripting issues, though. ;)

Accurate. Pavel = Crosby.

On this forum, yes.

Oh cool... another year of me editing the overall rating of players ;)

Sometimes it's kind of fun to edit whether certain players fight or not. For example, usually the programmers set Crosby's fighting frequency to "Never" so that when you try to challenge him to a fight he doesn't oblige. If you set it to sometimes or always (or whatever it is) then you can activate an enforcer and pound on him all you want.

Hey, it's what video games are for, right? So you can witness phenomena you don't normally see in real life.

I think Kronwall and Quincey are a bit too high, Nyquist way too low, Franzen, Filppula and Helm a little lower

Pavel has 95 deke, Bert should definitely have 90+ as well.

Nyquist has 7 points points in 18 nhl games. While his potential is high, there is no way his overall should be higher than it is. he is still just a prospect. Howard should be about 3 points higher imo and franzen should be slightly lower than filppula.

I don't see any reason to buy this game. The freezing issues last year were a joke and the game had other issues that EA didn't seem to care about.

the new gm connected mode is enough for me to buy the game. it's going to be fantasy hockey on steriods lol. and the new skating engine looks great.

but i agree, the freeing issues last year were bad and they never could fix it. hopefully that isn't an issue this time around

Guest The Axe

Howard is an 84, but I bet Luongo is a 100......another NHL game with Howard letting in the worst goals ever. :evil:

At least its not osgood in real life! 19:05 of the third. Wings up by one. MacInnis from the red line. Good God.

Guest The Axe

or jamie langenbrunner from the red line. western conference finals. game 5 in overtime

Ughhh!

At least its not osgood in real life! 19:05 of the third. Wings up by one. MacInnis from the red line. Good God.

My favorite was NHL 2000.

That game was fun, but I could never get over those backhanded goals scored from the blueline, where the puck was essentially chipped over the goalie's shoulder. Pissed me off each time. :lol:

Guest irishock

My favorite was NHL 2000.

That game was fun, but I could never get over those backhanded goals scored from the blueline, where the puck was essentially chipped over the goalie's shoulder. Pissed me off each time. :lol:

NHL 2004 for me. The fighting system was revolutionized when this game came out, and it was a massive upgrade over NHL 2003.

The puck physics were as realistic as you could get; I remember shooting with Lidstrom from his own zone to the opposite end of the ice, the puck takes a wild bounce at the corner of the boards and deflects off the goaltender and in the net.

How do they rank the Red Wings in comparison to the rest of the league? I don't expect it to be too great.

Offense 4/5 Defense 4.5/5 Goalies 4/5 (80, 90, 80)

As for the new ratings system, Datsyuk rose because EA Sports took a skills-based approach this time. In previous games your fighting ability and poise ratings amounted to speed, stick handling and shot accuracy in terms of contributing to the OVR rating.

I think it's fair to say Datsyuk =/> Crosby in terms of hockey skills.

Edited by irishock

As for the new ratings system, Datsyuk rose because EA Sports took a skills-based approach this time. In previous games your fighting ability and poise ratings amounted to speed, stick handling and shot accuracy in terms of contributing to the OVR rating.

I think it's fair to say Datsyuk =/> Crosby in terms of hockey skills.

Huh? I thought stats were different because in the previous game ratings were based on player type (e.g. enforcer, sniper, etc..) but now it's a position basis, forwards and defense. So players that were particularly good at their role like an enforcer are now rated a lot lower because they are, overall, below average forwards.

Howard is an 84, but I bet Luongo is a 100......another NHL game with Howard letting in the worst goals ever. :evil:

yeah, it is always like this. Once I choose Red Wings 50% of time my opponents choose Vancouver while another 25% of times it is NYR.

Guest Johnz96

Or quick in real life. good god

Guest The Axe

It would be cool if coaching and home ice had variable effects on the game too. Maybe a couple times a game you could hit a button that got the "lets go red wings" chant going and that adds 5 skill points to each player for 30 seconds or something.

Anyone who has freezing issues, rip the game to your hard drive. You will notice that you have about 1000% less freezing. It will take about half hour or so to put the game on your hard drive but it's worth it cause the hockey games are way too big now not to put on there.

Anyone who doesn't know how to do this (for XBox 360): From the dashboard and the home part, go onto the game as if you were going to play it. You'll notice that if you press X for game details it will go to the next screen and you select Install. Then you just wait for the 100% and away you go.

NHL 13 looks like it's gonna be sick. The main things i hated last year was the puck control and deking took a step back. Overall the game got worse again since 2010 which is still the overall best one. I hate it when you're playing too and you go to do a quick pivot to go the other way or to stop and go around a guy quick and your guy blows a tire. This year i can't wait to mess around with the NHL moments. Seems kinda cool. Definitely gonna pump the Habs with the Jets (my 2nd favourite team, of course light years behind the Wings...they never left me) and if it gives you the option to wreck Crosby's "epic return from injury" I will definitely rip his ugly head off.

One last thing. The player ratings get updated a couple times during the year, so as someone said earlier, Nyquist will get tweaked, as will Smith, Brunner and Eaves will get in there. For guys like Flip, Howard and the guys mentioned....they should be higher. As for the fighters and all the other stuff with overall ratings, the scrappers have high 90's for toughness, strength, fighting, etc which inflates their overall. What EA needs to do is make certain percentages for the overall rating. Like fighting has 1% of the overall rating while offensive and defensive awareness have 7% each. That would better rate the players going by things that are more important to overall use of a player.