• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Red Wings player ratings for NHL 13

Rate this topic

I read somewhere that EA had made it so that the "more important" skills made up the overall more than the other skills. This year's overall rating system is similar, but not the same as previous years.

Anyone who has freezing issues, rip the game to your hard drive. You will notice that you have about 1000% less freezing. It will take about half hour or so to put the game on your hard drive but it's worth it cause the hockey games are way too big now not to put on there.

Anyone who doesn't know how to do this (for XBox 360): From the dashboard and the home part, go onto the game as if you were going to play it. You'll notice that if you press X for game details it will go to the next screen and you select Install. Then you just wait for the 100% and away you go.

this tip is pointless for people like me who have ps3 :glare:

can you not install games on a ps3? i have a ps3 but i almost never use it. i would have to assume that somehow you can install it on the hard drive.

nope you cannot install games on the ps3 hard drive unless the game itself has that option. The only game i have ever been able to install on the hard drive is Gran Turismo 5

Guest irishock

Ah, Cleary gets an 81 rating ahead of Bert and Sammy. If you turn on the assistant coach edits lines option, he'll auto generate him on the top line with Pavel and Mule.

For me it was the damn glitch goals online. Still will buy the game of course! :)

With the AI putting the dmen in the right places and the goalie anticipation and huge upgrades you should see barely any of that crap online now. Maybe we'll finally get rewarded for playing real hockey, making real hockey plays and cycling the puck. All the kids that try to dangle through the teams will have a harder time this year cause seemingly poke check will actually....well, poke check. Demo is online tomorrow and i can't wait to mess around with it. I'm getting the special edition just cause it'll look badass with my 90 or so hockey game collection, but the HUT stuff is getting annoying. Give me free NHL moments add-ons for the year instead of HUT which is the worst game mode by far cause you take 20 minutes just to finally get into a game with someone cause everyone quits before it starts and then you can only get games against guys with 95 ratings across the board.

The demo's always are a train wreck and should never imply how the game is going to be. Each year the demo's are absolute trash and you can pull the same shots, and then the final product comes out and its alittle better. I hope rammer didn't manage to screw this years game up also, but there's always going to be the cheese shots. It seems like you'll beable to rip shortside once again in this game once you see the goalie cheating.

The demo's always are a train wreck and should never imply how the game is going to be. Each year the demo's are absolute trash and you can pull the same shots, and then the final product comes out and its alittle better. I hope rammer didn't manage to screw this years game up also, but there's always going to be the cheese shots. It seems like you'll beable to rip shortside once again in this game once you see the goalie cheating.

Last years demo wasn't too bad, but the slap shots were kind of off. Once the game came out and was 100% finalized, the first version was really good. The gameplay was actually pretty good. The problem is that all the little glitch artists complain online that they can't do their move from NHL11 and whine about everything that made NHL12 seem more like playing actual hockey with less exploits they can do. The thing I really didn't like was every tuner set made the game worse and made the passes less accurate and the deking worse.

As long as Rammer doesn't gradually ruin NHL13 like he did 11 and 12, I will enjoy an NHL game for an entire year.

Guest irishock

We really need better stick work in the game. The stick lifts in the game are useless when you can only lift your opponent's stick up for 1 second and they magically go back down and glue the puck onto their sticks again. They need to make a manual stickwork feature with the right analog stick where holding down locks down the opponent's stick and left and right to slash. Instead we have this s***ty bruise control feature for hits.

zetterberg-henrik-392-cp-080531.jpg

I'd be more amazed if you could do this in the game over some flashy deke and top shelf snipe.

My favorite was NHL 2000.

That game was fun, but I could never get over those backhanded goals scored from the blueline, where the puck was essentially chipped over the goalie's shoulder. Pissed me off each time. :lol:

NHL Hitz Pro for PS2 was my game back in the day. Lids on the cover, Hasek was my teams leading goal scorer seeing how he apparently had mad hands! That game was ridiculous Ahahaha!

I love watching LIds play it, he's like "WTF"?

[url="

[/url]

Also why is Jimmy an 84? I swear he was an 89 in 12....

Edited by Wingsfan72

NHL Hitz Pro for PS2 was my game back in the day. Lids on the cover, Hasek was my teams leading goal scorer seeing how he apparently had mad hands! That game was ridiculous Ahahaha!

[url="

[/url]

I always thought how odd it was for lidstrom to be on the cover of an nhl game that is all about hits and fights :lol:

We really need better stick work in the game. The stick lifts in the game are useless when you can only lift your opponent's stick up for 1 second and they magically go back down and glue the puck onto their sticks again. They need to make a manual stickwork feature with the right analog stick where holding down locks down the opponent's stick and left and right to slash. Instead we have this s***ty bruise control feature for hits.

zetterberg-henrik-392-cp-080531.jpg

I'd be more amazed if you could do this in the game over some flashy deke and top shelf snipe.

I like where your head is at on this one. I'll be going on the EA Formus later if I remember and posting a topic about holding A (Xbox) or X (PS3) to tie up a guys stick. Great idea.

[url="

[/url]

Also why is Jimmy an 84? I swear he was an 89 in 12....

Hitz Pro was awesome, as was Hitz 03 aside from the cover. Jimmy was bumped up post-production to an 89 overall. When NHL12 came out I think he was an 85 overall. Not sure how he got worse being top 10 in almost every statistic for goalies, but that's EA for you. I'm sure Vancouver and Pittsburgh will be rated 96 overall each...

Guest mjtm77

how do we even know these overalls are legit in years past they have leaked fake overalls

This is sick as hell, the demo is awesome, can't wait tell it comes out!

Are you playing the demo on xbox or ps3? i found the demo on xbox is choppy with the player and puck control. all the game layers aren't in demos so the retail game will be different and smoother, but overall, there's likes and dislikes with the demo. it's harder to get one-timers off and it seems like the AI isn't up to speed with what EA's videos show. The players are breaking out better, but they seem to hang up alot on the backcheck and lift stick is still useless. It seems like in the offensive zone the AI players don't know how to set up....still.

I'm still probably gonna renew my season ticket though, cause throughout the year, if there's a season they will be adding extra DLC to the NHL moments thing which is pretty cool and i'd like a discount on everything again and since i'm off from 8-16 September, i'd like the game on saturday instead of tuesday