• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Howard is an 84, but I bet Luongo is a 100......another NHL game with Howard letting in the worst goals ever. :evil:

yeah, it is always like this. Once I choose Red Wings 50% of time my opponents choose Vancouver while another 25% of times it is NYR.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#22 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

At least its not osgood in real life! 19:05 of the third. Wings up by one. MacInnis from the red line. Good God.

Or quick in real life. good god

#23 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Weird not seeing Lids ...

#24 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

It would be cool if coaching and home ice had variable effects on the game too. Maybe a couple times a game you could hit a button that got the "lets go red wings" chant going and that adds 5 skill points to each player for 30 seconds or something.

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Anyone who has freezing issues, rip the game to your hard drive. You will notice that you have about 1000% less freezing. It will take about half hour or so to put the game on your hard drive but it's worth it cause the hockey games are way too big now not to put on there.

Anyone who doesn't know how to do this (for XBox 360): From the dashboard and the home part, go onto the game as if you were going to play it. You'll notice that if you press X for game details it will go to the next screen and you select Install. Then you just wait for the 100% and away you go.

NHL 13 looks like it's gonna be sick. The main things i hated last year was the puck control and deking took a step back. Overall the game got worse again since 2010 which is still the overall best one. I hate it when you're playing too and you go to do a quick pivot to go the other way or to stop and go around a guy quick and your guy blows a tire. This year i can't wait to mess around with the NHL moments. Seems kinda cool. Definitely gonna pump the Habs with the Jets (my 2nd favourite team, of course light years behind the Wings...they never left me) and if it gives you the option to wreck Crosby's "epic return from injury" I will definitely rip his ugly head off.

One last thing. The player ratings get updated a couple times during the year, so as someone said earlier, Nyquist will get tweaked, as will Smith, Brunner and Eaves will get in there. For guys like Flip, Howard and the guys mentioned....they should be higher. As for the fighters and all the other stuff with overall ratings, the scrappers have high 90's for toughness, strength, fighting, etc which inflates their overall. What EA needs to do is make certain percentages for the overall rating. Like fighting has 1% of the overall rating while offensive and defensive awareness have 7% each. That would better rate the players going by things that are more important to overall use of a player.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#26 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

I read somewhere that EA had made it so that the "more important" skills made up the overall more than the other skills. This year's overall rating system is similar, but not the same as previous years.

#27 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

No Legends Team right?

:rolleyes:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#28 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Anyone who has freezing issues, rip the game to your hard drive. You will notice that you have about 1000% less freezing. It will take about half hour or so to put the game on your hard drive but it's worth it cause the hockey games are way too big now not to put on there.

Anyone who doesn't know how to do this (for XBox 360): From the dashboard and the home part, go onto the game as if you were going to play it. You'll notice that if you press X for game details it will go to the next screen and you select Install. Then you just wait for the 100% and away you go.

this tip is pointless for people like me who have ps3 :glare:

#29 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

this tip is pointless for people like me who have ps3 :glare:

can you not install games on a ps3? i have a ps3 but i almost never use it. i would have to assume that somehow you can install it on the hard drive.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#30 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

can you not install games on a ps3? i have a ps3 but i almost never use it. i would have to assume that somehow you can install it on the hard drive.

nope you cannot install games on the ps3 hard drive unless the game itself has that option. The only game i have ever been able to install on the hard drive is Gran Turismo 5

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Pretty impressed. Those stats are about spot on. The only one I'd change is to put Zetterberg above 90. Look at how terrible that defense is, though!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

I wonder what Franzen's "hustle" ratings would be if such a stat still existed? (Don't think it did last year)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#33 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Ah, Cleary gets an 81 rating ahead of Bert and Sammy. If you turn on the assistant coach edits lines option, he'll auto generate him on the top line with Pavel and Mule.

bringit.jpg

#34 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I think EA should still put Nick Lidstrom in the game for all hockey fans... simply because he is Nick Lidstrom and I just cannot play a game without him.

#35 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

For me it was the damn glitch goals online. Still will buy the game of course! :)
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

For me it was the damn glitch goals online. Still will buy the game of course! :)

With the AI putting the dmen in the right places and the goalie anticipation and huge upgrades you should see barely any of that crap online now. Maybe we'll finally get rewarded for playing real hockey, making real hockey plays and cycling the puck. All the kids that try to dangle through the teams will have a harder time this year cause seemingly poke check will actually....well, poke check. Demo is online tomorrow and i can't wait to mess around with it. I'm getting the special edition just cause it'll look badass with my 90 or so hockey game collection, but the HUT stuff is getting annoying. Give me free NHL moments add-ons for the year instead of HUT which is the worst game mode by far cause you take 20 minutes just to finally get into a game with someone cause everyone quits before it starts and then you can only get games against guys with 95 ratings across the board.

Free darkmanx!

#37 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

The demo's always are a train wreck and should never imply how the game is going to be. Each year the demo's are absolute trash and you can pull the same shots, and then the final product comes out and its alittle better. I hope rammer didn't manage to screw this years game up also, but there's always going to be the cheese shots. It seems like you'll beable to rip shortside once again in this game once you see the goalie cheating.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

The demo's always are a train wreck and should never imply how the game is going to be. Each year the demo's are absolute trash and you can pull the same shots, and then the final product comes out and its alittle better. I hope rammer didn't manage to screw this years game up also, but there's always going to be the cheese shots. It seems like you'll beable to rip shortside once again in this game once you see the goalie cheating.

Last years demo wasn't too bad, but the slap shots were kind of off. Once the game came out and was 100% finalized, the first version was really good. The gameplay was actually pretty good. The problem is that all the little glitch artists complain online that they can't do their move from NHL11 and whine about everything that made NHL12 seem more like playing actual hockey with less exploits they can do. The thing I really didn't like was every tuner set made the game worse and made the passes less accurate and the deking worse.

As long as Rammer doesn't gradually ruin NHL13 like he did 11 and 12, I will enjoy an NHL game for an entire year.

Free darkmanx!

#39 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

We really need better stick work in the game. The stick lifts in the game are useless when you can only lift your opponent's stick up for 1 second and they magically go back down and glue the puck onto their sticks again. They need to make a manual stickwork feature with the right analog stick where holding down locks down the opponent's stick and left and right to slash. Instead we have this s***ty bruise control feature for hits.

Posted Image

I'd be more amazed if you could do this in the game over some flashy deke and top shelf snipe.

bringit.jpg

#40 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

My favorite was NHL 2000.

That game was fun, but I could never get over those backhanded goals scored from the blueline, where the puck was essentially chipped over the goalie's shoulder. Pissed me off each time. :lol:

NHL Hitz Pro for PS2 was my game back in the day. Lids on the cover, Hasek was my teams leading goal scorer seeing how he apparently had mad hands! That game was ridiculous Ahahaha!

I love watching LIds play it, he's like "WTF"?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tF1B9Eh58U[/url]

Also why is Jimmy an 84? I swear he was an 89 in 12....

Edited by Wingsfan72, 20 August 2012 - 10:39 AM.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".