• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

NHL Hitz Pro for PS2 was my game back in the day. Lids on the cover, Hasek was my teams leading goal scorer seeing how he apparently had mad hands! That game was ridiculous Ahahaha!

I love watching LIds play it, he's like "WTF"?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tF1B9Eh58U[/url]

I always thought how odd it was for lidstrom to be on the cover of an nhl game that is all about hits and fights :lol:

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

We really need better stick work in the game. The stick lifts in the game are useless when you can only lift your opponent's stick up for 1 second and they magically go back down and glue the puck onto their sticks again. They need to make a manual stickwork feature with the right analog stick where holding down locks down the opponent's stick and left and right to slash. Instead we have this s***ty bruise control feature for hits.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05YS1DAnAMo

I'd be more amazed if you could do this in the game over some flashy deke and top shelf snipe.

I like where your head is at on this one. I'll be going on the EA Formus later if I remember and posting a topic about holding A (Xbox) or X (PS3) to tie up a guys stick. Great idea.

Free darkmanx!

#43 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

NHL Hitz Pro for PS2 was my game back in the day. Lids on the cover, Hasek was my teams leading goal scorer seeing how he apparently had mad hands! That game was ridiculous Ahahaha!

I love watching LIds play it, he's like "WTF"?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tF1B9Eh58U[/url]

Also why is Jimmy an 84? I swear he was an 89 in 12....

Hitz Pro was awesome, as was Hitz 03 aside from the cover. Jimmy was bumped up post-production to an 89 overall. When NHL12 came out I think he was an 85 overall. Not sure how he got worse being top 10 in almost every statistic for goalies, but that's EA for you. I'm sure Vancouver and Pittsburgh will be rated 96 overall each...

Free darkmanx!

#44 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

how do we even know these overalls are legit in years past they have leaked fake overalls
Posted Image

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

http://image.jeuxvid...0739545-017.jpg

Dayum.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

http://image.jeuxvid...0739545-017.jpg

Dayum.

Who is that guy in goal for boston? lol

#47 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

This is sick as hell, the demo is awesome, can't wait tell it comes out!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#48 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Not sure if this was posted before, but with NHL 13 featuring GM Connected we should set up a LGW Online Dynasty.....haha that is if 29 other users are okay without being the Wings.
"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#49 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Not sure if this was posted before, but with NHL 13 featuring GM Connected we should set up a LGW Online Dynasty.....haha that is if 29 other users are okay without being the Wings.

Xbox or PS3? Xbox i'm in!

Free darkmanx!

#50 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

This is sick as hell, the demo is awesome, can't wait tell it comes out!

Are you playing the demo on xbox or ps3? i found the demo on xbox is choppy with the player and puck control. all the game layers aren't in demos so the retail game will be different and smoother, but overall, there's likes and dislikes with the demo. it's harder to get one-timers off and it seems like the AI isn't up to speed with what EA's videos show. The players are breaking out better, but they seem to hang up alot on the backcheck and lift stick is still useless. It seems like in the offensive zone the AI players don't know how to set up....still.

I'm still probably gonna renew my season ticket though, cause throughout the year, if there's a season they will be adding extra DLC to the NHL moments thing which is pretty cool and i'd like a discount on everything again and since i'm off from 8-16 September, i'd like the game on saturday instead of tuesday

Free darkmanx!

#51 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

nope you cannot install games on the ps3 hard drive unless the game itself has that option. The only game i have ever been able to install on the hard drive is Gran Turismo 5

At any rate, im not sure what you guys are talking about on the PS3. I played the crap out of NHL 12 and there were no freezing issues - in fact, there were way less dropped / frozen online games in last years version. Perhaps freezing was 360 specific?
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#52 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

there is freezing/lag in defensive zone quite often when playing 12 on xbox live. drives me insane.. why i stopped playing and why i wont buy 13
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#53 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

there is freezing/lag in defensive zone quite often when playing 12 on xbox live. drives me insane.. why i stopped playing and why i wont buy 13

Until NHL13 proves otherwise, NHL10 is still the best game released since the Xbox360/PS3 came out. NHL13 may be really good once it hits the shelves, but I really hope they don't put a crappy tuner set in it that makes it NHL11 Version 3.

Free darkmanx!

#54 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Until NHL13 proves otherwise, NHL10 is still the best game released since the Xbox360/PS3 came out. NHL13 may be really good once it hits the shelves, but I really hope they don't put a crappy tuner set in it that makes it NHL11 Version 3.

I agree that NHL10 was the best. NHL11 and 12 drastically slowed down the game by making your players turning speed akin to a tug boat, even at 99 agility, and therefore gave you only two options to gain the offensive zone against competent D... loose puck deke, or dump. In other words 11 and 12 greatly diminished the role of reflexes in favor of loose puck dekes.... *** mode. Not to mention that in 11 and 12 they disabled the option to invite your friends to your OTP (online team play) room in an attempt to force people into clubs. The net result of this is that I make less friends because it is so hard to meet up again with someone you have met when you have to communicate over f'in on screen keyboard PSN messages to try and meet up in a lobby room that may or may not be full. In short, EA is lame and needs some competition. </endrant>

Oh.. we were talking about player ratings?? : D Datsyuks rating is spot on....

Edited by RedWingsDad, 24 August 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#55 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Xbox or PS3? Xbox i'm in!

I'm in for Xbox as well!
"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#56 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm in for Xbox as well!

I'll be renewing my EA Sports Season Ticket so i can have NHL13 at the beginning of my holidays, so i will see you boys on there.

BleedRedWing :nhl2:

Free darkmanx!