• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

andrei kostitsyn - worth a risk ?

Rate this topic

read somewhere he got an offer of a year 2 million dollar deal from pittsburgh and got me thinking maybe for a one year deal worth 2-3 million it might be worth the risk

i know we got alot of forwards already but im thinking if he plays with pavel he can pop 25 at least and from what i saw of him he does have good shot and is hard to knock off the puck

He's had a bad reputation but im thinking maybe playing with datsyuk and with the leaders on this team he might be able to turn it around and at a one year deal it might be worth it and it also gives us additional player to use in a trade for a defensemen

thoughts?

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Tough to say, AK47 does have a reputation and for his goal production i don't know if it would be worth the risk. The only person that can motivate AK is himself, and it hasn't worked yet...I would most likely lean towards not making that offer.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

Not a fan of periods?

The Wings didn't seem interested in Semin when he was still available, so I don't see Kenny pursuing Kostitsyn, which Is essentially a poor man's Semin.

true , thing with semin though was he was looking for a long term deal apparently but settled for one year at 7 million , andrei could be had for a 2-3 million cap hit though alot less $

Is the bad reputation him or his brother or both?

it was both in montreal but sergei has turned it around since he went to nashville , andrei went out late one night during the playoffs last season with radulov and the team took them both out for a game in the playoffs

Then again hanging out with radulov was a mistake alone on the part of andrei ... i cant see any bad influences he would have in detroit

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

yea, i dont see it happening. he wouldnt bite on semin...theres no way he goes after ak47.

visnovsky on the other hand....yes.

and....i still have the hope that he grabs Kane off the jets. hahaha...( i know.)

true , thing with semin though was he was looking for a long term deal apparently but settled for one year at 7 million , andrei could be had for a 2-3 million cap hit though alot less $

it was both in montreal but sergei has turned it around since he went to nashville , andrei went out late one night during the playoffs last season with radulov and the team took them both out for a game in the playoffs

Then again hanging out with radulov was a mistake alone on the part of andrei ... i cant see any bad influences he would have in detroit

It came out after the playoffs that him and radulov were out past midnight by a few minutes and missed curfew because they were getting a late night meal (hey, who doesn't want to carb up?) at the hotel. The hotel they were staying out was also alcohol-free. Bunch of bad media and rumors about all of that.

well, with his brother he was a part of the "Darkest Day in Habs History"...

the kostitsyn brothers were a part of the darkest day in habs history? lol thats far fetched , there was alot of crap going on in montreal

awful trades,signings by gainer and gauthier , letting a ton of ufa's walk and getting nothign in return ... the whole theodore gang vs saku koivu gang debacle , kovalev's lazy play and inconsistencies etc...

i wouldnt say kostitsyn brothers were part of the darkest days in habs history by a long shot lol

Guest Crymson

Nope. The last thing we need is another forward, especially one who is of questionable utility and dubious work ethic.

Guest Crymson

It came out after the playoffs that him and radulov were out past midnight by a few minutes and missed curfew because they were getting a late night meal (hey, who doesn't want to carb up?) at the hotel. The hotel they were staying out was also alcohol-free. Bunch of bad media and rumors about all of that.

They were spotted at a bar in Scottsdale (a 45 minute drive from the hotel at which they were staying) at 1:00 AM on the night before the game.

Edited by Crymson

Better off seeing what Brunner, Gus, or even Tatar can do over signing Kostitsyn. His peak was 53 points in his debut season with Montreal and it's been downhill ever sense.

This is my stand point right now. Andrei hasn't the fire power of Semin with the same reported "work ethic". So instead of adding another mediocre forward to our line up let's see what our current group can do.

They were spotted at a bar in Scottsdale (a 45 minute drive from the hotel at which they were staying) at 1:00 AM on the night before the game.

almost positive that was all media hype and proved wrong by the franchise after they were eliminated. even trotz came out and admitted it was over curfew not that long and due to a meal. hfboards blew up because it wasnt a good enough reason to bench them. it was good times

Guest Crymson

almost positive that was all media hype and proved wrong by the franchise after they were eliminated. even trotz came out and admitted it was over curfew not that long and due to a meal.

I've not seen anything to this effect.

Guest Crymson

Sorry it's taken me long to find the articles, but here's the thread on HFB http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1191783

I do not see how your original statement at all jives with the information portrayed in the article. The article states that the two of them were out visiting a location at a hotel over 20 miles away from where they were staying with the rest of the team, and that they arrived back to their own hotel an hour after curfew.

I do not see how your original statement at all jives with the information portrayed in the article. The article states that the two of them were out visiting a location at a hotel over 20 miles away from where they were staying with the rest of the team, and that they arrived back to their own hotel an hour after curfew.

I'm just saying that the reports that you were talking about, aka them being drunk and out at a bar until 4 a.m. spotted were untrue. All I could remember is that it was under an hour or something stupid beyond curfew and it didn't involve alcohol.