• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

are you sure this is from the Freep? Please tell me this came from HockeyyInsiderrp instead. Then I will feel better.

Unfortunately it's not the insiderr.. It's freep.

http://www.freep.com...m-or-trade-him-

Last part of that article.

And after thinkin about it, I could see him waiting until the years catch up with him then going to Russia for sure. But I just don't think they'll catch up to him in a matter of 2 years. It'll probly be more like 4 or 5 IMO.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

I've always thought Pavel could turn into Larionov in his 40's and get 5-10 goals and about 40-50 assists. Sure he wouldn't be the 90 point superstar of today but he would still be a hell of an asset.
I for one look forward to another 3-4 years of 'superstar Pavel' followed by another 6-7 years of 'Larionov Pavel' :D

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

The 'ck you talking about? "Done deal?", those two along with another Todd Bertuzzi extension will put us in the hunt for a threepeat. "President's trophy consideration"?

Hello? Once Homer signs again, cups galore.

Unfortunately it's not the insiderr.. It's freep.

http://www.freep.com...m-or-trade-him-

Last part of that article.

And after thinkin about it, I could see him waiting until the years catch up with him then going to Russia for sure. But I just don't think they'll catch up to him in a matter of 2 years. It'll probly be more like 4 or 5 IMO.

Agreed. Pavs has super physique like Lids. He could be a 42-45 year old retiree kind of guy. Hope so. He's the most exciting player in hockey.

#24 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Pavel is a very humble person. Saying that he won't like to play in his 40s might come from the fact that he is afraid that he may not be able to keep up with younger guys at that age. For him "keep up" means being top-20 in the league. I think he is one of those guys who may age very way and I hope we'll see at least 6 more seasons from him in the Red Wings uniform.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#25 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

I remember his interview when he talks about his mothers death and everything, really sad interview and a great inside look at who pasha really is, anyways.. in that interview he stated that he doesn't want to play til he's 40 and he didn't want to finish his career in the NHL. That being said, he also says the normal I love this place and what not. I couldn't see him being moved to any other team or sporting another teams sweater, but i certainly could see him playing out his remaining "hockey years" in the motherland. Would I be upset? Absolutely, it would break my heart just like I cried like a little baby during Stevie Y's ceremony and Nicky's. Would I disown him? Absolutely not, nothing but respect.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

I always thought he had no family left in Russia and liked living in the US, but realistically I guess he does want to go back to Russia. I worry a bit about him leaving, but whatever is best for his family, you know? If we've potentially only got two years of Datsyuk left, Holland better snap to building a better team now.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

I always thought he had no family left in Russia and liked living in the US, but realistically I guess he does want to go back to Russia. I worry a bit about him leaving, but whatever is best for his family, you know? If we've potentially only got two years of Datsyuk left, Holland better snap to building a better team now.

Holland will wait and wait and wait until Dats decides to leave, and then he'll hang his hat on Crosby or Stamkos deciding to come here, and when that doesn't happen, he'll say "We're happy with the team we have." The end.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#28 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Datsyuk will sign a 2 year extension in the last year of his contract, then possibly a 1 year after that and will go play in Russia for 1-3 seasons before retiring. Book it!

#29 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

I am pretty sure Pavs has stated a few times that he would like to play int Detroit until he is 40 and then go play one last year in Russia before hanging them up. So I am not too worried. But as many have stated, he will likely be like Nick in the fact that he will still be super effective at age 40.

#30 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

The sooner the better. Wait wait wait. Just kidding. Sorry don't beat me. This will be a very sad day. I am sorry but after Pav and Z are done without a big trade or signing. The young guns arn't all that and a bag of potato chips.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#31 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't care if it makes me greedy, Datsyuk retires here at the brisk age of 40 as a Red Wing or i'm gonna be depressed. I shall reject any other blasphemy about him going to Russia.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#32 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Datsyuk should get 10 years, 60 million RIGHT NOW.

#33 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

He'll sign a 2 year extension after this contract is up, and then go back to Mother Russia. It all depends on his level of play in the next 2 seasons, though. Which, I don't see any problems with....short of some freak injuries.

#34 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Two more years of dangle dangle isn't enough for me.

Pav is so exciting to watch. I just hope the Red Wings are competitive when his contract is up to give him some real incentive to stick around.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#35 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Datsyuk needs to work 1 on 1 with Jurco for at least a full season the same way Z needs to mentor Nyquist.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Datsyuk needs to work 1 on 1 with Jurco for at least a full season the same way Z needs to mentor Nyquist.

I'd like the following kids up for at least one full season with Z and Dats before they go: Jurco, Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Pulks. These kids are the future of our top 6 with many others certainly knocking on the door.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'd like to see him re-signing atleast a 4 year extension and probably go back to Russia to finish. But it's all up to him. I love to watch him play. Just hope he leaves later then sooner.

#38 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

http://sports.yahoo....57232--nhl.html

Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings told R-Sport that he will make a decision on his lockout plans next month, having played with Dynamo in 2004-05.

just some news

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#39 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/alex-ovechkin-isn-t-necessary-khl-dynamo-during-214257232--nhl.html

Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings told R-Sport that he will make a decision on his lockout plans next month, having played with Dynamo in 2004-05.

just some news

Nice posturing on Ovechkin!!! Nobodys buying it, rich Russian guy!

#40 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

I guess we have so many other problems before this one (even with it being only two years away), that I hadn't thought much about it, and kind of assumed that we'd re-up him on something between 1-3 years. But I also didn't expect that would happen until the summer after the contract's up.

I think Datsyuk's one of those Larionov-type players who could succeed into his 40's because of his sheer hockey IQ. He's incredibly skilled at everything he does, but it's not like it's his game to just blow around defenders anyway.

He's welcome to be a Wing as long as he wants in my book, but if he decides to go play in Russia in a couple of years will I be mad at him? No. Disappointed, yes, but not mad.

I also think it's kind of strange people would be so much more accepting of Datsyuk moving on from the wings "too early" for personal reasons than Fedorov, but that just goes to show how much perception of personality factors into these things more than pure hockey value/financials.

http://sports.yahoo....57232--nhl.html

just some news

I will say that while the KHL is still a mess in many ways (and the Lokomotiv tragedy sure didn't help), one of the more harmful side effects of the 04-05 lockout was to give all these players a "taste" of playing in the KHL for a full season. I would think that would only serve to make the concept of playing there (sometimes for more money and closer to home) much more tangible for these guys.