• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

I think Pasha knows that at a certain point, the edge is going to be gone, and he wants to go out before that edge is completely gone. That being said, though, I hope it's a lot longer than 2 years before he goes. I daresay, evilzyme, you will not be the only one who cries their heart out when he goes.
Posted Image

#42 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

I can see him leaving when his contact is up. He's a sensible man, has all the money he will ever need (and more than he ever dreamed of, I am sure), and his child is in Russia. He will be revered there, much like Larionov .... so, yeah.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#43 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Nice posturing on Ovechkin!!! Nobodys buying it, rich Russian guy!

???
OV reportedly was asking for just 3 mil. for the year to play for Dinamo (that's quite a home-team discount, compared to his NHL salary), if there's a lockout. Since the Dinamo's new owners felt that their roster was set, you will see OV get much more money to play for another KHL team.
So "nobody's buying" is not quite true. Also, would it be OK with you, if he were a "rich American guy"?

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'd like the following kids up for at least one full season with Z and Dats before they go: Jurco, Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Pulks. These kids are the future of our top 6 with many others certainly knocking on the door.

Frk and Athaniesou could benefit as well. Athaniesou skates and moves a lot like dare i say Pavel Bure or Sergei Federov. He may be the steal of the draft this year.

I really hope Dats plays at least a couple more years after his next 2 are up. The string of great players retiring/leaving from the Wings since Yzerman is astounding. Dats and Z are gonna crush me possibly as much as Yzerman, Shanny, Federov, Lids....

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.