• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Datsyuk leaving after contract is up?

Rate this topic

I always thought he had no family left in Russia and liked living in the US, but realistically I guess he does want to go back to Russia. I worry a bit about him leaving, but whatever is best for his family, you know? If we've potentially only got two years of Datsyuk left, Holland better snap to building a better team now.

I always thought he had no family left in Russia and liked living in the US, but realistically I guess he does want to go back to Russia. I worry a bit about him leaving, but whatever is best for his family, you know? If we've potentially only got two years of Datsyuk left, Holland better snap to building a better team now.

Holland will wait and wait and wait until Dats decides to leave, and then he'll hang his hat on Crosby or Stamkos deciding to come here, and when that doesn't happen, he'll say "We're happy with the team we have." The end.

I am pretty sure Pavs has stated a few times that he would like to play int Detroit until he is 40 and then go play one last year in Russia before hanging them up. So I am not too worried. But as many have stated, he will likely be like Nick in the fact that he will still be super effective at age 40.

He'll sign a 2 year extension after this contract is up, and then go back to Mother Russia. It all depends on his level of play in the next 2 seasons, though. Which, I don't see any problems with....short of some freak injuries.

Datsyuk needs to work 1 on 1 with Jurco for at least a full season the same way Z needs to mentor Nyquist.

Datsyuk needs to work 1 on 1 with Jurco for at least a full season the same way Z needs to mentor Nyquist.

I'd like the following kids up for at least one full season with Z and Dats before they go: Jurco, Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Pulks. These kids are the future of our top 6 with many others certainly knocking on the door.

I guess we have so many other problems before this one (even with it being only two years away), that I hadn't thought much about it, and kind of assumed that we'd re-up him on something between 1-3 years. But I also didn't expect that would happen until the summer after the contract's up.

I think Datsyuk's one of those Larionov-type players who could succeed into his 40's because of his sheer hockey IQ. He's incredibly skilled at everything he does, but it's not like it's his game to just blow around defenders anyway.

He's welcome to be a Wing as long as he wants in my book, but if he decides to go play in Russia in a couple of years will I be mad at him? No. Disappointed, yes, but not mad.

I also think it's kind of strange people would be so much more accepting of Datsyuk moving on from the wings "too early" for personal reasons than Fedorov, but that just goes to show how much perception of personality factors into these things more than pure hockey value/financials.

http://sports.yahoo....57232--nhl.html

Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings told R-Sport that he will make a decision on his lockout plans next month, having played with Dynamo in 2004-05.

just some news

I will say that while the KHL is still a mess in many ways (and the Lokomotiv tragedy sure didn't help), one of the more harmful side effects of the 04-05 lockout was to give all these players a "taste" of playing in the KHL for a full season. I would think that would only serve to make the concept of playing there (sometimes for more money and closer to home) much more tangible for these guys.

I think Pasha knows that at a certain point, the edge is going to be gone, and he wants to go out before that edge is completely gone. That being said, though, I hope it's a lot longer than 2 years before he goes. I daresay, evilzyme, you will not be the only one who cries their heart out when he goes.

I can see him leaving when his contact is up. He's a sensible man, has all the money he will ever need (and more than he ever dreamed of, I am sure), and his child is in Russia. He will be revered there, much like Larionov .... so, yeah.

Nice posturing on Ovechkin!!! Nobodys buying it, rich Russian guy!

???

OV reportedly was asking for just 3 mil. for the year to play for Dinamo (that's quite a home-team discount, compared to his NHL salary), if there's a lockout. Since the Dinamo's new owners felt that their roster was set, you will see OV get much more money to play for another KHL team.

So "nobody's buying" is not quite true. Also, would it be OK with you, if he were a "rich American guy"?

I'd like the following kids up for at least one full season with Z and Dats before they go: Jurco, Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Pulks. These kids are the future of our top 6 with many others certainly knocking on the door.

Frk and Athaniesou could benefit as well. Athaniesou skates and moves a lot like dare i say Pavel Bure or Sergei Federov. He may be the steal of the draft this year.

I really hope Dats plays at least a couple more years after his next 2 are up. The string of great players retiring/leaving from the Wings since Yzerman is astounding. Dats and Z are gonna crush me possibly as much as Yzerman, Shanny, Federov, Lids....