• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JoePuckster

New Commissioner?

Rate this topic

I thought that was serious at first. That's a bad thing that i'm not surprised that Gary Bettman wouldn't know what offsides are... The kind of guy that the entire world makes fun of...is that really the guy that the owners want to keep hanging on to as the head of the NHL?

I thought that was serious at first. That's a bad thing that i'm not surprised that Gary Bettman wouldn't know what offsides are... The kind of guy that the entire world makes fun of...is that really the guy that the owners want to keep hanging on to as the head of the NHL?

Exactly my thought. In fact I bet he doesn't know a large number of the nuances in hockey, like he wouldn't know how to suit up properly to play. When he gets booed that much at every event (draft, cup presentations, etc.) its pretty clear he isn't a likeable face for the nhl. So what if the nhl grew with him in charge? its preposterous to think that it couldn't grow under someone likeable as well.

What's sad is that your predisposition against Bettman makes you believe a fabricated story and then you use that as evidence that he should be fired.

Can anyone name one thing they know for certain about this guy that is a justification for their animosity?

What's sad is that your predisposition against Bettman makes you believe a fabricated story and then you use that as evidence that he should be fired.

Can anyone name one thing they know for certain about this guy that is a justification for their animosity?

Go away, Gary.

Experience and business sense aside, there are very few fans who actually respect Gary Bettman and want him to represent the sport of hockey to die-hard and casual fans in North America.

The expansion (in terms of revenue) has been a failure, specifically for the Southern franchises and this whole shady deal with NBC, should there be a labor stoppage, shows Bettman's true colors.

Unfortunately, the decision of whether or not to replace Bettman is up to the Board of Governors, and as long as the larger market teams are satisfied then there will be a majority vote to keep him.

Guest Johnz96

He made the game of hockey less entertaining and fun to play to facilitate parity and give weaker teams a better chance of winning, he has caused 2 lockouts (never happened with any other commissioner) and trying for another. Those atre the 2 biggest ones for me but there is so much more.

What sad is that there are hockey fans that don't resent him

One thing I know for certain is that he's the only thing besides a flu epidemic that's ever caused the Stanley Cup not to be awarded...

The fact that this many people HAVE a "predisposition against Bettman" is enough for me to say he shouldn't be commissioner. If the league is really as concerned about the fans as they like to claim then the head of the NHL should be a guy that the fans don't hate imo.

We're the best fans in the world....we don't mind if there's ANOTHER lockout so the suits can try and gouge the players for even more than the 24% last time. We'll come back cause we're the best fans in the world. ANOTHER lockout won't change the lives of all the hardcore hockey fans not getting to watch Hockey Night In Canada saturday nights and 2-8 games per week on tv. Our lives aren't affected whatsoever. We'll survive and come back stronger cause we're the best fans in the world.

Convinced why I personally have animosity? He's af****** ignorant little cock sucker and I hope he burns in hell.

Sincerely, one of the best fans in the world. :ok:

Mods: Apologize for the use of language in this, but I was required to show my animosity...

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Easily (will contain strong words

1. Parity crap:

He is using money from the leagues backbones (original 6 + some tank to win teams), in order to protect his failed and flawed ideas. Yes I am talking about the sunbelt expansion.

2. 2 lockouts in a row and he is going for the hat-trick

What else needs to be said? He is the only commissioner in all of sports with such a "track-record", thats disgusting and should get him fired before the season - whenever that may be - is starting.

3. No respect for integrity of the game

He will do everything to protect failed franchises but had no problem relocating the Jets, Whalers and Nordiques. There are already options outthere for the NHL to make more money by relocating some teams but no he is a stubborn idiot and prefers to keep them, letting tax payers and well run franchises - such as ours - pay for them.

4. Atrocious person

Yes, I get it he is working for the owners and his job is to make them money, blablablabla but he also has to represent the NHL and he is doing an extremely poor job in doing so. There is a reason why this guy gets boo'ed everywhere, save for his cock-sucker tank to stanleycup teams. Everytime he opens his mouth you know immediately he will have to say something stupid and sound like a complete moron, who doesn't even understand one bit of hockey but yet is making more than 88 % of the players.

5. No love for the original 6

Under him the NHL will shoot for the moon to promote some of their failures but when was the last time original 6 matchups got the PR attention they deserve? I really can't remember anything despite the lazy effort such as "two original six teams are playing each other" oh well for how much money we are giving back to this joke of a league under him we should get way more out of it.

6. Changed the game for the worse

Daily and him did an absolute horrible by changing the NHL into something it will and should never be, a mainstream sport instead of focusing on already existing real hockeyfans. Agitators having a freepass nowadays because they know exactly they won't have to answer for their crap. Gone are the days when guys like McCarty, Probert (RIP big man) or Koccur would beat the crap out of you if you've done something real dirty, read that carefully Shea Weber!

I could go on and on but I'm not risking a ban or warning so I leave it at that, this guy is an atrocious person and an agitator himself ***** him and his suits parity crap.

Edited by frankgrimes