• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cnot19

Divers Beware!

Rate this topic

bieksa dives... spezza is actually not that bad and not liles either. It is more of a league epidemic than just a few guys.

he flopped his way through the playoffs, dont kid yourself. Kopitar is honorable so you have to give them that, kopitar is far more of a captain.

I think Kopitar would make a better captain but I'm not kidding myself. I'm not saying Brown didn't dive but he hardly flopped his way through the playoffs.

You make it sound like he's Kesler out there.

Guest The Axe

This vid is just so great, I had to share. This is why I hate Crosby:

29 teams in the league should play this on their jumbotrons.

What country would you say most of the divers are from hmmmm??

Since you asked...

of the 11 players that have been named as divers in this thread, 6 are Canadian, 3 are American and the sisters are of course Swedish.

So as far as this particular discussion goes, 54% of the divers are Canadian...and no surprise here but 6/11 were from the Canucks.

I don't really think it matter where they are from (especially since as of 2010/2011 season 53% of all NHL players were Canadian so naturally the number will be higher) but I do think it reflects poorly on the Canucks as a team.

Brad Marchand was pretty bad in the playoffs last year. Dove on several occasions. Steve Bernier has done his fair share of flops in his career, too. Hopefully they really start cracking down on this kind of stuff. Making the NHL look like soccer.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Brad Marchand was pretty bad in the playoffs last year. Dove on several occasions. Steve Bernier has done his fair share of flops in his career, too. Hopefully they really start cracking down on this kind of stuff. Making the NHL look like soccer.

unfortunately tootoo is also one of the leagues worst divers

Howard flops more than most goalies... Goaltenders dives are always blatantly obvious

The way the NHL has the rules for stick infractions a ref could call a limitless amount of penalties per game so obviously players are going to learn to embelllish. The rules need to be black and white or have a guideline when exactly a stick infraction is unacceptable because te game is played with stick infractions throughout the game

Since you asked...

of the 11 players that have been named as divers in this thread, 6 are Canadian, 3 are American and the sisters are of course Swedish.

So as far as this particular discussion goes, 54% of the divers are Canadian...and no surprise here but 6/11 were from the Canucks.

I don't really think it matter where they are from (especially since as of 2010/2011 season 53% of all NHL players were Canadian so naturally the number will be higher) but I do think it reflects poorly on the Canucks as a team.

How many of those guys grew up in the WHL? The QMJHL is the worst for producing divers in Canada. Do that in the WHL and you'll get shat kicked.

considering a large majority of nhl players are canadian, you have to account for that when you do these sorts of comparisons. A lot of the people we consider divers are usually players who aren't soft in other aspects of their game and thus its obvious when they dive. Brown is very capable of physical domination so its pretty obvs to see him diving out there. Crosby is the "chosen one" and is impossible to bump off the puck so its pretty annoying to see him flop.