• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtydangles

If you could reset the career of one Wings player...

Rate this topic

I interpreted this topic differently - I thought you meant "Start over a career that looked so promising but then something happened and went horribly wrong". The first guy I thought of was Igor Grigorenko, who was the prospect who flamed out after a car crash derailed his career. Fischer wouldn't work because his problem was congenital and just a part of who he is.

I interpreted this topic differently - I thought you meant "Start over a career that looked so promising but then something happened and went horribly wrong". The first guy I thought of was Igor Grigorenko, who was the prospect who flamed out after a car crash derailed his career. Fischer wouldn't work because his problem was congenital and just a part of who he is.

This is exactly what I was just going to post, I really would have like to seen what Grigorenko could have done had he not been injured and reached this team completely healthy.

Guest The Axe

Sergei Fedorov with a Darren Helm heart transplant.

Darren Helm with a Fedorov hands transplant!

Guest The Axe

Some things are too powerful to create

Gretzky Head, Lindros' Upper Body, Fedorov's Lower Body, Lemieux's Hands, and Helm's Heart.

Waynario Helmdrosov

Probert

Just because I never got to see him play in Detroit (wasn't following hockey that much then), and because it would give us the ultimate enforcer. Teams would definitely approach us differently with him in the lineup.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I think mine would Definitely be Vladdy... Worst thing I remember from that Summer, coming off the high watching the Wings win, to that, such a heartbreaker...

I can only imagine what he and Lids would have done together for years to come....

Gretzky Head, Lindros' Upper Body, Fedorov's Lower Body, Lemieux's Hands, and Helm's Heart.

Waynario Helmdrosov

If I didn't already have a username, I would pick Waynario Helmdrosov. Entire hockey clubs would cower before me. My perfection would be unrivaled.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21336-1344253700-17.gif

In the spirit of restarting a player's career to have it play out exactly as it did, only have them on the team now? Lidstrom with Yzerman a close second. In the spirit of restarting a player's career to avoid some sort of tragedy or have things go the way we all wished they would have? Vladdy, hands down.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Aside from the obvious ones (Lids, Vladdy, Stevie Y) I'd say either Datsyuk because I already get upset thinking about the fact that he will retire one day OR restart Bert's career and have him as a Wing, I'd love to see what his career could have been if the Moore incident had never happened...

Guest Johnz96

Since Lidstrom is the obvious answer I will say Shanahan. He was a force in his prime. Too bad he faded so quickly.

Faded so quickly???

He scored 40 goals his last year as a Wing when he was 37

Guest irishock

Prime Bert with Pavs would be incredible. I think both could surpass 100 points in the same season.

All of the names listed are great, and I agree on them all... With that said, I'm going to go left field on this and take one that people don't think about very often and one that was the worst scape goat in RW history... Curtis Joseph

Had he been given his fair shake and was here through his prime, it would have been epic

Vladdy and Igor Grigorenko so we could prevent the car accidents.

This. Vladdy moreso, since he was just phenomenal, and he actually did the right thing by hiring a limo. Grigorenko never had the chance. If I recall correctly, didn't Kozlov also have a bad car wreck before he came over?

Maybe I'm petty, but I hope Richard Gnida (the limo driver who was under the influence and on a suspended license) has been suffering with guilt over what he did. Was he ever jailed for his actions?

All of the names listed are great, and I agree on them all... With that said, I'm going to go left field on this and take one that people don't think about very often and one that was the worst scape goat in RW history... Curtis Joseph

Had he been given his fair shake and was here through his prime, it would have been epic

I wish we could have done better for him. The guy did all he could when he was here.

Good point...Looking back he should've stayed a Leaf; he was worshipped there, and unlike today - they had a really good team...The 2002 Cup Finals would've been alot more interesting had we faced T.O.

Toronto had an extremely well-rounded team that year. Sundin and Mogilny were dangerous offensively. Tucker was a pain in the ass and put up good offensive numbers.Kaberle and McCabe were great on the blueline. Domi, Roberts, Belak, and Corson made them extremely unpleasant to play against. Would've been a Classic Stanley Cup Final, indeed.

If we could reset the career of a current Red Wing id have it be Franzen to pre-ACL tear to restore his speed/compete/intensity. Watching the 2009 WCF games vs Chi these last few days and he just doesn't have that extra gear anymore or just doesnt play with that wreckless pursuit of the puck. That injury can take allot out of a player in any sport ... he's still good, but that "edge" hasnt been consistently present in a long time.

Yzerman, no question.

How 'bout this, instead of resetting a career, let's reset to 1995. I'd love to relive the 1995-2004 years. What a special time to be a Wings fan. With the way sports is going now, Salary Cap, Luxury Tax, and Parity crap, I'll never enjoy 10 years with one of my a favorite sports team like I did with those Wings teams. I'm forever greatfull to have lived through that time.

I've wondered what numbers Glenn Hall would have had if he had stayed with Detroit and had not been traded to Chicago because of his involvement with the original Players Association.

We would have won more Cups in the 50's if Adams didn't freak out like he did and trade Hall and Lindsay to Chicago. The Hawks can thank the Red Wings for that Cup win in 1961. I know Lindsay wasn't on the 1961 Cup team, but he helped them get there with his leadership in the previous seasons.

Edited by Barrie