Photo
- - - - -

If you could reset the career of one Wings player...

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Vladdy and Igor Grigorenko so we could prevent the car accidents.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#42 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

All of the names listed are great, and I agree on them all... With that said, I'm going to go left field on this and take one that people don't think about very often and one that was the worst scape goat in RW history... Curtis Joseph

Had he been given his fair shake and was here through his prime, it would have been epic

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#43 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Vladdy and Igor Grigorenko so we could prevent the car accidents.

This. Vladdy moreso, since he was just phenomenal, and he actually did the right thing by hiring a limo. Grigorenko never had the chance. If I recall correctly, didn't Kozlov also have a bad car wreck before he came over?

Maybe I'm petty, but I hope Richard Gnida (the limo driver who was under the influence and on a suspended license) has been suffering with guilt over what he did. Was he ever jailed for his actions?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#44 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

All of the names listed are great, and I agree on them all... With that said, I'm going to go left field on this and take one that people don't think about very often and one that was the worst scape goat in RW history... Curtis Joseph

Had he been given his fair shake and was here through his prime, it would have been epic

I wish we could have done better for him. The guy did all he could when he was here.

#45 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I've wondered what numbers Glenn Hall would have had if he had stayed with Detroit and had not been traded to Chicago because of his involvement with the original Players Association.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 26 August 2012 - 02:10 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#46 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Fisher comes to mind first. Vladi is obvious. Somebody brought up Cujo wishing he was in his prime. If you want someone in their prime. Wendel Clark. Would've been niiice.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#47 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Good point...Looking back he should've stayed a Leaf; he was worshipped there, and unlike today - they had a really good team...The 2002 Cup Finals would've been alot more interesting had we faced T.O.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#48 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Good point...Looking back he should've stayed a Leaf; he was worshipped there, and unlike today - they had a really good team...The 2002 Cup Finals would've been alot more interesting had we faced T.O.

Toronto had an extremely well-rounded team that year. Sundin and Mogilny were dangerous offensively. Tucker was a pain in the ass and put up good offensive numbers.Kaberle and McCabe were great on the blueline. Domi, Roberts, Belak, and Corson made them extremely unpleasant to play against. Would've been a Classic Stanley Cup Final, indeed.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#49 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

If we could reset the career of a current Red Wing id have it be Franzen to pre-ACL tear to restore his speed/compete/intensity. Watching the 2009 WCF games vs Chi these last few days and he just doesn't have that extra gear anymore or just doesnt play with that wreckless pursuit of the puck. That injury can take allot out of a player in any sport ... he's still good, but that "edge" hasnt been consistently present in a long time.

#50 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yzerman, no question.

How 'bout this, instead of resetting a career, let's reset to 1995. I'd love to relive the 1995-2004 years. What a special time to be a Wings fan. With the way sports is going now, Salary Cap, Luxury Tax, and Parity crap, I'll never enjoy 10 years with one of my a favorite sports team like I did with those Wings teams. I'm forever greatfull to have lived through that time.

I've wondered what numbers Glenn Hall would have had if he had stayed with Detroit and had not been traded to Chicago because of his involvement with the original Players Association.

We would have won more Cups in the 50's if Adams didn't freak out like he did and trade Hall and Lindsay to Chicago. The Hawks can thank the Red Wings for that Cup win in 1961. I know Lindsay wasn't on the 1961 Cup team, but he helped them get there with his leadership in the previous seasons.

Edited by Barrie, 30 August 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons