• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chances14

RUMOR: Wings have made an offer to Carlo Colaiacovo

Rate this topic

according to Blues Blogger Andy Strickland wings have made multi-year offer

Sources confirm talks have progressed between D-man Carlo Colaiacovo and the Detroit Red Wings. Word is he’s received a multi-year offer from Detroit with the New York Rangers and the Carolina Hurricanes also expressing some level of interest. He turned down Nashville earlier this summer while the Calgary Flames have indicated they could be interested in if they move Jay Bouwmeester.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Davidson-Transitioning-From-Hockey-to-Business

Depends on what the deal looks like, but I certainly wouldn't mind having him on a contract roughly the same as what White got paid last year. Though ideally I'd like a bigger, stronger, stay at home guy, I do know that Colaiacovo usually plays real tough against us, and when you hear a guy's name a bunch against the Wings its usually a pretty good sign that he can play the game.

A blues blogger is not a legit source to me.

Unless this rumor is confirmed by someone more substantial, I'm gonna move it to the Rumors forum.

I also changed the topic title to more accurately represent the source.

Anyone hearing about this anywhere else?

i've been following andy strickland on twitter for a couple years. he's legit

and he's followed by all the tsn insiders on twitter also

Edited by chances14

I wouldnt mind having him at all, as long as he can stay healthy.

Kronwall, Smith

Ericsson, White

Quincey, Colaiacovo

Kindl

I love the kid too...he is going to be a force on the blueline but do you really think Smith, having played a whopping 14 games in the NHL is gonna start the year next to Kronwall on the top line? If he has an unbeleivable year, he may end there, which would be awesome.

I hope we do get Carlo- it gives us depth. It also gives Smitty a chance to be around a guy who has been in the league a few years too.

i've been following andy strickland on twitter for a couple years. he's legit

and he's followed by all the tsn insiders on twitter also

No doubt Strickland's got some connections, but he's also made some claims in the past that never materialized. I'd say he's about 70-30 in terms of being right about things. Andy's credibility aside, I'd be fine with Carlo for a couple years. He's one of those guys who seems to play up and down, and just really gets hampered by the injuries. In the right setting, he can challenge for a top four spot.

I'd rather we get Vandermeer on board for a one year deal at $1 mil. Guy knows his role and plays it well. He's older than Colaiacovo and won't put up the offensive numbers, but he's much more sound defensively. Vandermeer can also eat up some PK time.

That being said, I guess I wouldn't be too upset if we got Colaiacovo here. He can put up some offensive numbers and he is relatively physical. However, he's an injury risk.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Things to know about Carlo...

He's very injury prone.

He's never played a full season...and with St. Louis, he has missed about 15-20 games each and every season due to injuries.

Every few games, he'll leave the game with an apparent injury and it will look like he is really, really hurt. He'll have this grimace on his face like he is in severe pain and leave you wondering, uh oh... but he usually comes back or only misses a game, or two, or three. But yeah, that kind of thing happens all of the time with him.

He will have defensive lapses more than you would like. He'll also make you pull your hair out in the offensive zone at the blue line.

He should also score more than he does given he has a decent shot.

I like Carlo, I'd like to have him back as a depth guy. But no huge loss as the Blues have some guys ready to make the step into the NHL. Any higher than #5 or #6 on the depth chart for Carlo, and you're asking too much of him.

Seeing as how you guys have lost a chunk of your defense, he'd be a decent sign for Detroit. But don't expect a whole lot from him.

Edited by cprice12

Things to know about Carlo...

He's very injury prone.

He's never played a full season...and with St. Louis, he has missed about 15-20 games each and every season due to injuries.

Every few games, he'll leave the game with an apparent injury and it will look like he is really, really hurt. He'll have this grimace on his face like he is in severe pain and leave you wondering, uh oh... but he usually comes back or only misses a game, or two, or three. But yeah, that kind of thing happens all of the time with him.

He will have defensive lapses more than you would like. He'll also make you pull your hair out in the offensive zone at the blue line.

He should also score more than he does given he has a decent shot.

I like Carlo, I'd like to have him back as a depth guy. But no huge loss as the Blues have some guys ready to make the step into the NHL. Any higher than #5 or #6 on the depth chart for Carlo, and you're asking too much of him.

Seeing as how you guys have lost a chunk of your defense, he'd be a decent sign for Detroit. But don't expect a whole lot from him.

My main concern with CC is that he doesn't have a ton of playoff experience, having only played with Toronto and St. Louis. But he did have 3A last year in 7 games.

2 years for a $2.7m/year cap hit? We shall see: http://onthewingsblo...-a-i-a-c-o-v-o/

Supposedly he wanted a 3 year offer, the Wing's initial offer was 1: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/24/report-detroit-offers-colaiacovo-two-year-deal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by ogreslayer