• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Good Deeds - Pavel Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Some people try to do good deeds and tell the whole world about them. Others just do the good deeds without waiving a flag and pleas for Twitter followers.

Here’s a story for you about one of the most humble people - Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk and how his good deed possibly went further than he thought it would himself.

About 10 years or so ago there was a young boy who lived in the Russian city of Kazan. His name was Alexander. Even though he was about eight at the time, he excelled in hockey. Unfortunately, there were problems with hockey equipment, or lack thereof. So some friends asked Pavel Datsyuk to help. And he did, sending some professional hockey sticks and skates to the boy Datsyuk had never even met.

Right now that boy, who also happens to be a former first round draft pick, is a star forward for the Winnipeg Jets. His name is Alexander Burmistrov.

Who knew this was going to happen?

(Thanks to my friend Pavel Lysenkov for sharing)

Great short story.

Thanks to Dmitry Chesnokov.

http://dchesnokov.tumblr.com/post/30056452315/good-deeds

He is one of only a few guys to pass through the league that nobody can find a reason to hate. Go to other teams' forums, even rivals like the Blues, Hawks, Ducks, Sharks, Pens, or Leafs. They all share a hatred for Detroit, but there's always an exception for Datsyuk.

same can be said for lids. everyone respects the two of them. not many z haters either.

He is one of only a few guys to pass through the league that nobody can find a reason to hate. Go to other teams' forums, even rivals like the Blues, Hawks, Ducks, Sharks, Pens, or Leafs. They all share a hatred for Detroit, but there's always an exception for Datsyuk.

I second this, I have about a dozen or so non-wing hockey fan friends and not a single one of them has any lack of respect for Datsyuk. No one can replace Yzerman, but Dats sure as hell followed in his footsteps in how he carries himself as a person.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Pasha is one of the most gracious, generous and humble souls I've ever met. If there were more people like him in this world, it would be a kinder place.

Not just the other fans, but the other Russian players, as well. You can pretty much figure out that a lot of the Russian players don't like each other (Malkin, Ovie, etc.), but they all talk with admiration of Datsyuk. Glad to see that Datsyuk is a role model for young players now the way I felt like Larionov was such a good influence on a young Datsyuk 10 years ago.

Pasha has mentioned before that Igor was his idol growing up...it's good to see that the qualities that made Larionov a class act have been passed down...and now there is another young one coming up the ranks that may just pass on that goodness to another generation of players. I've not paid much attention to this fellow in Winnepeg, but perhaps it might behoove me to change that.

Pasha has mentioned before that Igor was his idol growing up...it's good to see that the qualities that made Larionov a class act have been passed down...and now there is another young one coming up the ranks that may just pass on that goodness to another generation of players. I've not paid much attention to this fellow in Winnepeg, but perhaps it might behoove me to change that.

He seems a lot like Dats. I had the Jets channel last year and got to watch about 50 or so Jets games and he's got the personality. He's a pretty calm kid and he can dangle pretty damn good. At his point i'd make the best comparison skill wise to Filppula. In a couple more years I could see him topping 70 points on the top line with Wheeler and Kane. Ladd will be back on a 2nd line where he belongs.

He seems a lot like Dats. I had the Jets channel last year and got to watch about 50 or so Jets games and he's got the personality. He's a pretty calm kid and he can dangle pretty damn good. At his point i'd make the best comparison skill wise to Filppula. In a couple more years I could see him topping 70 points on the top line with Wheeler and Kane. Ladd will be back on a 2nd line where he belongs.

Thanks for the heads up. Methinks I shall keep a closer eye on this one.

No way. In a couple more years Wheeler will be a Wing. ;)

[/obligatorywheelercomment]

Along with Dan Girardi of course... As long as Wheeler is a Jet or a Wing, I'll be happy. As for Burmistrov, kid's a hell of a hockey player who i would very much like to see play with Dats even for a game on a line together. The 2 of them could play a game of keep away in the next olympics