• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ally

Most overrated player.

Rate this topic

Burrows for sure, also Leino, Heatley, Marleau, Hudler

On board with this one for sure. Leino's had a crappy ride since his playoff run with Philly, but he hasn't impressed much aside from that run.

Alex Semin. What Carolina paid him is insane.

I also think Brad RIchards and Mike Green make my list.

I hate Mike Green. Semin is lazy. Brad Richards is an interesting case. He puts up points, but aside from his Conn Smythe with the 04 Bolts, he just seems to blend in a lot. He seems to wait for things to happen, not make the plays happen himself.

I think Ryan Kesler is overrated.

I think Lucic is overrated. He's a great player, no doubt and I would love to have him on the team......but I hear so many gush about him like he's a god.

I disagree on the Ovechkin thing, I think maybe in the past because he was pretty one-dimensional, but a lot of guys are down on him lately, for good reason (the ratings are probably going too far in the other direction now).

What I find is that a certain player may have a great season or post-season (happens a lot when a team goes deep into the playoffs....there is a guy that sticks out big time). They get so much hype for that period of time, but then never really live up to it.

Franzen is a good example of a guy that has had some good spurts (especially in playoffs), but has never really blossomed beyond that. Then again, maybe he's not getting that much hype either, so no biggie.

No one is stating the obvious?? I guess he who shall not be named is a given, so taking that into consideration, I'll have to go with Luongo, and the Sedin sisters. Of course, most anyone wearing a Vancouver jersey could fall under that description.

No one is stating the obvious?? I guess he who shall not be named is a given, so taking that into consideration, I'll have to go with Luongo, and the Sedin sisters. Of course, most anyone wearing a Vancouver jersey could fall under that description.

As long as they keep pooping the bed come playoff time, I will continue to laugh at them and how high people rate them. The only annoying part about their overratedness is playing EA Sports NHL games. Horsecrap! I turn the durability down on the Nucks, Pens and Sharts players and wreck shop with Kronwall, whose hitting, strength and balance gets 99'd for GM mode. :nhl_crach:

Cheap? maybe. Fun? Oh hell yeah! I'm not playing hockey...I'm making pancakes :lol:

Who do you think is the most overrated player in the league?

I think Dustin Brown is overrated, still very talented obviously but the constant praise this summer might be a bit much.

20 points in the playoffs (tied for 1st in playoffs with Kopitar), +16, several game changing hits, kills penalties and plays on the PP.

He was a force in the postseason. As the captain of the Cup winning team he's going to get a lot of attention but I haven't heard anyone make it sound like he's Gretzky or anything.

Off the top of my head my vote would be Fleury. A talented but inconsistent goalie. What good is a highlight reel save when you let in a backbreaking softie a few minutes later?