• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

You forgot what he is most prolific at though....Diving. He's fighting with Ribiero for the title of "king of the flop".

Considering the Wings signed one of the biggest divers in the league this offseason and Kesler is still in the league, I think Brown is safely out of the top spot.

Brown unfortunately is prone to Maltby like antics, embellishing crosschecks and willing to take a punch to the face to draw a penalty, but I wouldn't even put him in the top five for diving in the league. It's just annoying he does it at all because unlike the 4th liners who do it, Brown has a lot of great qualities to his game.

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

I believe the Kings were a fluke this year. They had a nice run but I still see them not winning their division and seeding lower than 6th next year. Just my opinion. Overrated: Fleury,Gaborik,Lundqvist(he's solid but totally worshiped and hasn't won anything yet so if he's king,what's Brodeur,God?) and Mike Green.

The Devils were a fluke this year, not the Kings. Devils would have got wrecked if the Flyers didn't need team surgery....everyone on the cutting table :lol: .

Agree with Fleury and Green. Green is garbage.

Lundqvist....he plays lights out and his team can't bury one in front of him. Makes all the big game changing saves and his team can't cash on the momentum. Lundqvist is the man. The only goalies in the league that contest him are obviously Brodeur, Quick, Howard and Cory Schneider lol. Eat it Bobby Lou!

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

You could include Karlsson on the list.

Great season for a promising young player, but Norris worthy??

#44 GoWings!

GoWings!

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

The Devils were a fluke this year, not the Kings. Devils would have got wrecked if the Flyers didn't need team surgery....everyone on the cutting table :lol: .

Agree with Fleury and Green. Green is garbage.

Lundqvist....he plays lights out and his team can't bury one in front of him. Makes all the big game changing saves and his team can't cash on the momentum. Lundqvist is the man. The only goalies in the league that contest him are obviously Brodeur, Quick, Howard and Cory Schneider lol. Eat it Bobby Lou!

Well I never said Lundqvist wasn't good but I just think he needs to win a Cup before considered a King. He does have solid numbers but his playoff record is 25-30 and he has had a lot of talent in front of him since 05. I think he tends to disappear in some big playoff games and lets in a few 3rd period softees. Rangers always have that high payroll with not much to show for it but they do have some young talent which is good now. We'll see what Nash does. Regarding the Kings,I think they got hot,had no pressure and anyone in the West would salivate at getting to play the choking Canucks,an unproven Blues team,friggin Phoenix and a 6th seed Devils team in the Finals. Anyway maybe the Kings will prove me wrong but for now I stand by what I say. Philly was putting up football scores with Pittsburgh and then ran into a team that has something they never seem to have: decent defense and an actual good goalie. Brodeur carried a good team all the way there. If Kovalchuk scored a little bit they could've won a Cup. I gotta give credit to NJ. They are very similar to Detroit and they seem to almost always make the playoffs and compete regardless of personnel.

#45 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 39 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

You could include Karlsson on the list.

Great season for a promising young player, but Norris worthy??

"Great"? No not great, f**king HUGE season for a, future superstar. Oh wait, he is a superstar.

#46 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

"Great"? No not great, f**king HUGE season for a, future superstar. Oh wait, he is a superstar.

thank you for proving my point. :P

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Considering the Wings signed one of the biggest divers in the league this offseason

Who is this?

#48 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Henrik Lundqvist on an overrated list? Is he supposed to score goals too in addition to being the best goalie in hockey for the Rangers to win?

Mike Green is the first name that comes to mind for overrated for me. MAF is a great example others have mentioned. I would throw Patrick Kane in the category too.

#49 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Who is this?

You have to wait to the 37 sec mark to really appreciate how awful a dive the first one was.

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ryan Kesler
Steve Yzerman
Dany Heatley
Nicklas Lidstrom
Ryan Smyth
Gordie Howe
Dion Phaneuf

Nice try at provoking a riot, I am surprised more folks haven't jump at this yet....

IMO, any player that has never played pre-lockout is overrated, because they skate around at will out there with no clutching or grabbing! Oh man if Fedorov, Yzerman, Gretzky, Lemieux et al, were able to play clutch and grab free hockey in their primes? Wow!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#51 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

videos

OK, so he has a couple of dives under his belt. I don't see how this suddenly qualifies him as one of the worst divers in the league. There are many prominent players who are far worse.

#52 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

OK, so he has a couple of dives under his belt. I don't see how this suddenly qualifies him as one of the worst divers in the league. There are many prominent players who are far worse.

I picked a couple of examples from a quick search on youtube, but I'm obviously not saying that's the only reason.

For the 12 or so minutes he's on the ice, he manages quite a few and has had a reputation for several years now. He dives, runs guys, jumps them instead of squaring up in fights. He's gotten slightly better but is still a dirty player.

I can't remember the last player Detroit signed that I disliked as much as Tootoo.

#53 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think he dove much more in the immediate years after the lockout, and hasn't been diving and embellishing as much, but he definitely has that reputation of being a dirty player. As I've said in other threads, I really hope he sticks to playing a relentless physical game without all the antics.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#54 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Speaking of divers, put Joe Thornton on the list. He is very overrated....and has bad hair
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#55 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Bertuzzi.

#56 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Considering the Wings signed one of the biggest divers in the league this offseason and Kesler is still in the league, I think Brown is safely out of the top spot.

Brown unfortunately is prone to Maltby like antics, embellishing crosschecks and willing to take a punch to the face to draw a penalty, but I wouldn't even put him in the top five for diving in the league. It's just annoying he does it at all because unlike the 4th liners who do it, Brown has a lot of great qualities to his game.

How do you think the website "downgoesbrown" got its name? He's maybe not the most prolific diver, but he's clearly the best. If you make any contact that could potentially knock him down, he'll hit the ice and he gets the call almost every time.

Remember these
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIZMGZ87pdQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIZMGZ87pdQ[/url]

#57 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Bertuzzi.

I get that you don't like the guy but I don't see how he is in any way overrated.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#58 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Bertuzzi.

Konawalchuk dove on Steve Moore and Bertuzzi thus breaking the overrated 4th line headhunters neck. There's a pile of diving for you and overrating :taunt:

Well I never said Lundqvist wasn't good but I just think he needs to win a Cup before considered a King. He does have solid numbers but his playoff record is 25-30 and he has had a lot of talent in front of him since 05. I think he tends to disappear in some big playoff games and lets in a few 3rd period softees. Rangers always have that high payroll with not much to show for it but they do have some young talent which is good now. We'll see what Nash does. Regarding the Kings,I think they got hot,had no pressure and anyone in the West would salivate at getting to play the choking Canucks,an unproven Blues team,friggin Phoenix and a 6th seed Devils team in the Finals. Anyway maybe the Kings will prove me wrong but for now I stand by what I say. Philly was putting up football scores with Pittsburgh and then ran into a team that has something they never seem to have: decent defense and an actual good goalie. Brodeur carried a good team all the way there. If Kovalchuk scored a little bit they could've won a Cup. I gotta give credit to NJ. They are very similar to Detroit and they seem to almost always make the playoffs and compete regardless of personnel.

He's had Rangers teams that have been solid, but not cup contenders. Usually losing depth on the bottom lines cause the GM has a habit of signing overrated bums to lots of money. Lundqvist is the man.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 29 August 2012 - 11:00 PM.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#59 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

How do you think the website "downgoesbrown" got its name? He's maybe not the most prolific diver, but he's clearly the best. If you make any contact that could potentially knock him down, he'll hit the ice and he gets the call almost every time.

It got its name from this fight (starting at 10 seconds after the Probert fight).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiPxTEG2Ax8&t=0m10s

So I guess we're done here?

#60 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Speaking of divers, put Joe Thornton on the list. He is very overrated....and has bad hair

Pavelski and Setoguchi are notorious divers also.