Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ryan Suter

#63 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

I will go along with Thornton. Even in his days in Boston he was touted as something he wasn't.
Posted Image

#64 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Henrik Lundqvist on an overrated list? Is he supposed to score goals too in addition to being the best goalie in hockey for the Rangers to win?

Mike Green is the first name that comes to mind for overrated for me. MAF is a great example others have mentioned. I would throw Patrick Kane in the category too.

Henrik Lundqvist on an overrated list? Is he supposed to score goals too in addition to being the best goalie in hockey for the Rangers to win?

Mike Green is the first name that comes to mind for overrated for me. MAF is a great example others have mentioned. I would throw Patrick Kane in the category too.

To me Lundqvist is not great. He hasn't really done anything that Luongo hasn't done either and we all know how it went with Luongo. He is called a King and to me he is not great yet. Solid yes. A great goalie will steal a playoff series. He has yet to do this when it counts. Devils certainly weren't an offensive juggernaut either. Brodeur took a Devil team that scored two less goals than the Rangers in regular season all the way to the Finals for a 5th time with that franchise. I'm sorry but that is the definition of a great goalie. I also think the Rangers have a better defense in front of their goalie than the Devils do. So again this is just my opinion but you could say Luongo was great as well if you go with certain statistics but all in all you gotta at least make it to the Big game(SCF) before being considered King. Edit: Sorry about the double quote.

Edited by GoWings!, 30 August 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#65 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Luongo hands down. One of the biggest chokers in the league. If he was in a smaller market I think he'd do okay but imo Vancouver is too mcuh for him.

If you exclude Luongo I'd have to pick either the Sedin Twins or Dany Heatley.