• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsDCB

Help from my fellow Wings fans!

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I am moving to Northern Virginia in the next couple of days for a job. I have never gone without being able to watch the Wings and am scared I will not be able to watch them. Anyone have any places I can watch them preferably for free?

Thanks

I always had to stream games when I was stationed in North Carolina. Just the way the cookie crumbles. With the NBC contracts you should beable to see more national televised games though, on the bright side.

Speaking of streaming the games, when I lived in Arizona I had to stream them all the time and sometimes I would get the 'Stadium Feed'. Anyone else ever come across this one? There would be no commercials and you would listen to our announcers when there were supposed to be commercial breaks. Redmond would complain about the ref's calls and Larry Murphy would run through the highlight they were going to show when they came back from commercial. It took me about the whole first period before I figured out what was going on. I don't remember the site though, bummer.

Speaking of streaming the games, when I lived in Arizona I had to stream them all the time and sometimes I would get the 'Stadium Feed'. Anyone else ever come across this one? There would be no commercials and you would listen to our announcers when there were supposed to be commercial breaks. Redmond would complain about the ref's calls and Larry Murphy would run through the highlight they were going to show when they came back from commercial. It took me about the whole first period before I figured out what was going on. I don't remember the site though, bummer.

Yeah I've had these before too. Really awkward hearing the announcers hocking loogies and clearing their throats and making jokes about dollar hot dog night.

You're assuming there is going to be any hockey to watch at all.

You know, there is a resident streaming site around here somewhere. :P We're not sure how feasible it will be this year, though. Of course, once again, assuming there is hockey to begin with.

I've never had the uncut feed for the Wings, but I have seen it for a few other teams. It's interesting to say the least.

Edited by rrasco

frontrowsports.eu

best sports streaming site

I buy centre ice because it's just worth it. If you literally watch every Wings game it ends up like $2 a game. No worries about feeds or choppy streams, you're set

I know you are looking to avoid spending, but the hockey package is available through xbox live and playstation network this season, all games streamed in HD. I also don't think they black out any games, I have the baseball package and I still get all the Braves games and I live 15 miles from the stadium.

On the plus side here, if you don't want to buy the package, they still do air one free random game every night, so if you own a game console and the Wings are not televised that night, you have a slim chance of the Wings being the free game that night.

Hope this helps.

Guest Crymson

hockeystreams.net is a far better option than Center Ice. It costs less than half as much, and the quality is just as good.