• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Photo of Chelios on bench, stepping on stick

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I think I see Filppula. That would place this early on in the 2006-2007 season.

I definitely see Franzen in the background.

If the Wild player was Veilleux, it's definitely this game: http://www.hockey-re...0511110DET.html

Not possible. Veilleux and Chelios both had zero PIM in that game.

Edited by Crymson

Well I can identify Chelios, Lilja, Babcock, and MacLean for certain in that photo. The guy behind Chelios looks to be Jason Williams, and the guy behind that looks to be Filppulla, although I'm not 100% sure on either.

The years that Babs, MacLean, Chelios, Lilja, Williams, and Filppula all played for the Wings are only 2006 and 2007. In 2006, Filppulla only played 4 games and none of them were against the Wild, so this photo is likely from 2007, assuming that everyone is properly identified.

The photo was taken at a home game, and we played Minnesota twice at the Joe in 2007. On December 22, and again on the 27th. Lilja did not play on the 27th, so my guess would be this photo is from December 22nd. (http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2006122205)

Chelios is not pegged as having any penalties, although Veilleux did get a roughing penalty in the second period (I don't know for sure if that is Veileux in the pic). The photo looks to be taken in the second period as well, as the defensman are closest to the camera, which is situated on the center ice side of the bench.

Edited by Echolalia

Confirmed: It is Veilleux. I looked at the place where I snagged the photo from. I renamed it for my files since I hate long names, but the original mentioned that it was Chelios stepping on Veilleux's stick.

Guest RedWingsDad

Well I can identify Chelios, Lilja, Babcock, and MacLean for certain in that photo. The guy behind Chelios looks to be Jason Williams, and the guy behind that looks to be Filppulla, although I'm not 100% sure on either.

The years that Babs, MacLean, Chelios, Lilja, Williams, and Filppula all played for the Wings are only 2006 and 2007. In 2006, Filppulla only played 4 games and none of them were against the Wild, so this photo is likely from 2007, assuming that everyone is properly identified.

The photo was taken at a home game, and we played Minnesota twice at the Joe in 2007. On December 22, and again on the 27th. Lilja did not play on the 27th, so my guess would be this photo is from December 22nd. (http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2006122205)

Chelios is not pegged as having any penalties, although Veilleux did get a roughing penalty in the second period (I don't know for sure if that is Veileux in the pic). The photo looks to be taken in the second period as well, as the defensman are closest to the camera, which is situated on the center ice side of the bench.

Excellent sleuthing my good man!