• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Franzen Trade Bait? Possibly!

Rate this topic

I get your point, but have a question for you: If what you're saying is true then... why doesn't Dan Cleary pad his stats or score meaningless points? Or Hank? or Bert? Or Flip????

Do they recognize the two situations you described above (no name opponent and or late goal in a game we have no chance of winning) and deliberately try NOT to score?

You don't think when Bert was reeling this year looking for offense that he wouldn't have loved padding his stats? Or Cleary??

The fact is that this guy can score goals more than most other guys on our team (in fact, in 2012...ALL other guys). That is fact.

This is true, which is why I said I'm on the fence regarding franzen. I never doubted his talent level. He did put up the most points, however, he seems to do so only in spurts. Furthermore, he has a terrible habit of floating around if he's not scoring goals. The other guys you mentioned are notoriously hard workers and still contribute when they're not scoring.

Edited by The Greek

Guest Crymson

What are you laughing about? I said "a lot", not "all". I was referring to instances like when he scores five goals in one game against a no name opponent like the islanders or blue jackets, or when he scores a late goal in a game we have no chance of winning. Those types of meaningless points pad his stats.

When has he scored five goals in one game against the Islanders or the Blue Jackets? He scored five goals against the Senators in a game that the Wings won 7-5.

To anyone who is advocating that Franzen be traded: please explain who would replace the goal-scoring that the team would lose in such a scenario. Would it be unspecified upcoming UFA #752, by chance?

When has he scored five goals in one game against the Islanders or the Blue Jackets? He scored five goals against the Senators in a game that the Wings won 7-5.

To anyone who is advocating that Franzen be traded: please explain who would replace the goal-scoring that the team would lose in such a scenario. Would it be unspecified upcoming UFA #752, by chance?

My mistake, I thought it was the blue jackets with regards to the game against the sens. A far as the islanders go, I thought he potted 4-5 against them in 10-11, but after looking that up it appears I was wrong about that one as well. Either way, I would only move him if we got a top 4 d-man out of the deal. If he stays I think it would be beneficial to put him on the third line.

I know somebody who knows somebody important with the Wings and the word was Franzen was part of the offer for Nash. No I'm not kidding, I just don't want to get anyone in trouble. :P

On that note, that only happened because we'd have offense coming back the other way.

What is the rumor here? Franzen could be trade bait? We already knew that...Where are the goals being made up?

Nyquist and Brunner. They'll both be big full time additions to the top 6. If Eaves is good to go, he'll beef up the bottom 6 scoring as well.

Mule will only get traded if we manage to sign doan/someone offers us something we can't refuse. Both very unlikely.. I bet mule ends up having a great season here this year.

I bet he has the same season he has every year, 25-29 goals, another 20-25 assists. Good, better than most on our team, but certainly not great.

With regards to trading him: it would be stupid. As it stands we only have about 4 proven top six forwards, and then rest are old or unproven. We can't afford to lose another one without a top fligh winger coming back in the trade. And since nobody is going to trade a 25-30 goal scorer for Franzen (who is the same thing, only much older) I'm guessing he isn't going anywhere. And thank god for that, I'd like to see the Wings actually put one in the net from time to time rather than passing, and passing, and passing, and passing, and passing, and passing, and passing...