• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

I am unfamiliar with his skill set. Would he be worth working a deal with Anaheim, just incase his trade is struck down? It sounds like there is a chance that the trade is in violation of his agreement. Just a bonus to get the guy Snow wants after he claimed a golie heading to Detroit.

#2 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Id love to get Visnosky. He had a near Norris season in 2010-11. Even at 36 he still has a lot to offer.
be about it!

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I'm sure he'd help out in d town.. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ducks made sure the trade was okay with the league before executing it.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'm sure he'd help out in d town.. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ducks made sure the trade was okay with the league before executing it.

Which is why the case was brought to an independent arbitrator, rather than to the league.

Visnovsky would certainly help our blue line. It will be interesting to see what happens if the trade gets struck down. He was spotted at a youth camp in Slovakia wearing an Islanders jersey, according to Puck Daddy and a Slovakian website, so he might already be somewhat resigned to his fate.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#5 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Out of interest, as I haven't seen anything on this, what are the terms of the deal and why is it being contested?

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#6 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

I couldn't see us offering anything worthwhile for Visnovsky given his age. He does however have some gas left in the tank.

#7 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think he would bring some consistency and experience back there. He had had a few rough seasons but it has already been said that he was Norris worthy and an offensive asset three seasons ago. I would really like him in Detroit.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

He's soft and not the best defensively, but would probably flourish in our system and could probably fill Nick's offensive numbers.

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

i think it would work, he would bring the "Rafalski" equation back to the blue line. smart, mobile, passing, and some offense.

he might even be good for 2-3 years. but lets start with one.

if he wants out, Snow will be forced to move him. mursak, emmerton and pick should do it.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#10 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Honestly, at this point anyone would help. We need warm bodies on defense or else we're in real trouble once injuries hit.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#11 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,015 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Honestly, at this point anyone would help. We need warm bodies on defense or else we're in real trouble once injuries hit.

This.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#12 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

The season before last the guy had a near 70 point season, he spent a lot of his career on a bad Edmonton team also. This guy would be an asset to our defense and i've love to bring him in for 2 or 3 seasons and put that huge shot on our PP blue line.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#13 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,015 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thing is, Snow would probably want a d-man (roster or prospect) in return. Right?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#14 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

i think it would work, he would bring the "Rafalski" equation back to the blue line. smart, mobile, passing, and some offense.

he might even be good for 2-3 years. but lets start with one.

if he wants out, Snow will be forced to move him. mursak, emmerton and pick should do it.

An unproven, bottom-six prospect, a useless depth player, and a pick. I think that NYI could get more than that.

#15 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

He is a damn good dman.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#16 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Which is why the case was brought to an independent arbitrator, rather than to the league.

Visnovsky would certainly help our blue line. It will be interesting to see what happens if the trade gets struck down. He was spotted at a youth camp in Slovakia wearing an Islanders jersey, according to Puck Daddy and a Slovakian website, so he might already be somewhat resigned to his fate.

ahh gotcha. yea, that makes sense.

also read that... "If he loses, he goes to the Islanders happy,"...."If he wins, he would go back to Anaheim." (per Sheehy to NY post)

I know he's said before that he's not questioning the trade for personal reasons but more to follow the rules but if he would "go to the islanders happily" or just go back to anaheim... why would he question it? It's just kind of weird to me that he would make a big deal about it if he was supposedly happier going to where he'd be if he didn't question it at all.

although I suppose this could just be his agent saying that so he doesn't bash his new team, that he'll likely end up on.. i don't know. just found that interesting.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#17 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't get too excited over it. As far as I can tell he's a 36 year old offensive minded defensemen who isn't known for his play in his own end. If we were competing for a Cup I wouldn't consider it cause I feel like he'd be a liability in the later rounds (which most likely won't be the case this year).

Edited by Number19, 09 September 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Per Dreger's twitter feed, the Visnovsky trade has been deemed VALID.

(sorry, I originally thought it said invalid)

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 12 September 2012 - 12:59 PM.
Apparently I can't read tweets correctly.