• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pondrocket

Would Visnovsky bring value to Detroit?

Rate this topic

I am unfamiliar with his skill set. Would he be worth working a deal with Anaheim, just incase his trade is struck down? It sounds like there is a chance that the trade is in violation of his agreement. Just a bonus to get the guy Snow wants after he claimed a golie heading to Detroit.

I'm sure he'd help out in d town.. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ducks made sure the trade was okay with the league before executing it.

Which is why the case was brought to an independent arbitrator, rather than to the league.

Visnovsky would certainly help our blue line. It will be interesting to see what happens if the trade gets struck down. He was spotted at a youth camp in Slovakia wearing an Islanders jersey, according to Puck Daddy and a Slovakian website, so he might already be somewhat resigned to his fate.

I think he would bring some consistency and experience back there. He had had a few rough seasons but it has already been said that he was Norris worthy and an offensive asset three seasons ago. I would really like him in Detroit.

i think it would work, he would bring the "Rafalski" equation back to the blue line. smart, mobile, passing, and some offense.

he might even be good for 2-3 years. but lets start with one.

if he wants out, Snow will be forced to move him. mursak, emmerton and pick should do it.

Guest Crymson

i think it would work, he would bring the "Rafalski" equation back to the blue line. smart, mobile, passing, and some offense.

he might even be good for 2-3 years. but lets start with one.

if he wants out, Snow will be forced to move him. mursak, emmerton and pick should do it.

An unproven, bottom-six prospect, a useless depth player, and a pick. I think that NYI could get more than that.

Which is why the case was brought to an independent arbitrator, rather than to the league.

Visnovsky would certainly help our blue line. It will be interesting to see what happens if the trade gets struck down. He was spotted at a youth camp in Slovakia wearing an Islanders jersey, according to Puck Daddy and a Slovakian website, so he might already be somewhat resigned to his fate.

ahh gotcha. yea, that makes sense.

also read that... "If he loses, he goes to the Islanders happy,"...."If he wins, he would go back to Anaheim." (per Sheehy to NY post)

I know he's said before that he's not questioning the trade for personal reasons but more to follow the rules but if he would "go to the islanders happily" or just go back to anaheim... why would he question it? It's just kind of weird to me that he would make a big deal about it if he was supposedly happier going to where he'd be if he didn't question it at all.

although I suppose this could just be his agent saying that so he doesn't bash his new team, that he'll likely end up on.. i don't know. just found that interesting.

I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't get too excited over it. As far as I can tell he's a 36 year old offensive minded defensemen who isn't known for his play in his own end. If we were competing for a Cup I wouldn't consider it cause I feel like he'd be a liability in the later rounds (which most likely won't be the case this year).

Edited by Number19