• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Bruins sign Marchand to four year contract extension.

Rate this topic

I'd take Marchand, and his cap hit anyday over the Mule, and what he's got left...

Marchand is just entering his prime; the Mule...What's so great about him again?

At this point in time, I'd take Marchand over Franzen, as well. However, Marchand does a little too much diving and embellishing for my liking.

Marchand reminds me of Pat Verbeek.

Anyhow, Boston is gonna be one of the toughest teams in the league once again.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Anyhow, Boston is gonna be one of the toughest teams in the league once again.

Marchands add only a little bit to this department. They are one of the toughest teams mostly because of their D: Chara-Seidenberg, Boychuk-Ference, McQuaid...

Edited by RusDRW

Verbeek scored 500 goals in his career. You guys are giving Marchand way too much credit comparing him to Verbeek.

As I've said before, Marchand could only exist on a team like Boston. If he played for the Wings, he'd get his ass kicked by opposing teams, with no one to protect him.

Verbeek scored 500 goals in his career. You guys are giving Marchand way too much credit comparing him to Verbeek.

As I've said before, Marchand could only exist on a team like Boston. If he played for the Wings, he'd get his ass kicked by opposing teams, with no one to protect him.

Agree, he's the type of guy I hope Tootoo creams.

esteef

Agree, he's the type of guy I hope Tootoo creams.

esteef

But that wouldn't happen, because then Boston would go after Tootoo, and he can't compete with their bigger guys. That's the point.

I think Tootoo would be much more effective in Detroit if we had a legit heavy in the lineup backing him up. I think he'll still play hard, but I doubt we'll see the same edginess and occasional dirty stuff from Tootoo, that we've seen in the past.

Marchands add only a little bit to this department. They are one of the toughest teams mostly because of their D: Chara-Seidenberg, Boychuk-Ference, McQuaid...

Yeah, I know. The only reason he plays with that kind of dirty edge on a regular basis is because he's got plenty of guys that have his back. Guys like Lucic, Thornton, and Campbell up front are gritty, as well.

But that wouldn't happen, because then Boston would go after Tootoo, and he can't compete with their bigger guys. That's the point.

I think Tootoo would be much more effective in Detroit if we had a legit heavy in the lineup backing him up. I think he'll still play hard, but I doubt we'll see the same edginess and occasional dirty stuff from Tootoo, that we've seen in the past.

I think we'll see the same relentless forechecking and physicality from Tootoo, but I don't think we'll see the antics after the whistles and stuff like that, for reasons you mentioned. I think he'll have to fight a little more than he usually does simply because he's Detroit's main guy in the fighting department.

Can you fault Marchand for his style of play - I certainly don't...He fits very well on the Bruins, and they're a fun team to watch...I just wish the Red Wings would take some notes...Might actually bring some excitement back for us Red Wing fans.

Tootoo is a step in the right direction, though. With Smith up full time this year, we'll at least have a couple of guys that will drop the gloves. For the first time in years, we may not be the softest team in the league. Then again, guys like Brad Winchester, Jim Vandermeer, and Jay Rosehill have yet to sign anywhere.

Tootoo is a step in the right direction, though. With Smith up full time this year, we'll at least have a couple of guys that will drop the gloves. For the first time in years, we may not be the softest team in the league. Then again, guys like Brad Winchester, Jim Vandermeer, and Jay Rosehill have yet to sign anywhere.

Winchester would be a welcome addition for me.

Winchester would be a welcome addition for me.

I've wanted Winchester in a Detroit jersey for years. However, we have so many forwards at the moment. We need a depth defenseman. I think Jim Vandermeer is perfect for the job. Still hoping we give him a one-year deal.

I can see Winchester or Rosehill going to Carolina. The 'Canes are the softest team in the NHL right now, and they desperately need a scrapper.

I've wanted Winchester in a Detroit jersey for years. However, we have so many forwards at the moment. We need a depth defenseman. I think Jim Vandermeer is perfect for the job. Still hoping we give him a one-year deal.

I can see Winchester or Rosehill going to Carolina. The 'Canes are the softest team in the NHL right now, and they desperately need a scrapper.

Dallas seems softer to me even than Carolina. Allen, Gleason and Harrison is tougher than a broken down Morrow and Nystrom for sure.

The wings definitely arent the softest team like they have been for a long time (except 2008)

Dallas seems softer to me even than Carolina. Allen, Gleason and Harrison is tougher than a broken down Morrow and Nystrom for sure.

The wings definitely arent the softest team like they have been for a long time (except 2008)

Bryan Allen signed in Anaheim. Keep in mind that Dallas has Mark Fistric on defense and Jamie Benn up front, in addition to Brenden Morrow and Eric Nystrom. Dallas looks soft, but I think Carolina is the league's softest, at the moment.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros