• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Hawks sign D-man Michal Rozsival

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Those of you who believe that the Wings should have signed Roszival are almost certainly thinking about the Roszival of three or five years ago. The Roszival of today is a shadow of his former self so far as hockey is concerned. He is a liability in his own end and poor in the offensive zone.

Those of you who believe that the Wings should have signed Roszival are almost certainly thinking about the Roszival of three or five years ago. The Roszival of today is a shadow of his former self so far as hockey is concerned. He is a liability in his own end and poor in the offensive zone.

I'm not high on Rozsival, but that's pretty much your standard response for everyone the Wings don't sign.

More than anything he likely would've been a middle of the pack defenseman, which isn't what the Wings really need as much as they do a top pairing guy and a cheap depth d-man.

Guest Crymson

I'm not high on Rozsival, but that's pretty much your standard response for everyone the Wings don't sign.

This is pretty much your standard sort of response to everything I post.

Decent pick up for their horrible D.

I wouldn't say that the Hawks have a horrible D. Hjalmarsson, Keith, and Seabrook are not bad defensemen.

Wings are going to win the Suter/Parise sweepstakes. Oh wait...

Wings should've paid each player $100 millon each over the course of 13 years and financially strapped the franchise for years to come.

Get it together, Ken.

Anyhow, Chicago will be moving a defenseman or two. Chicago's got the following players on the blueline:

1. Brent Seabrook

2. Duncan Keith

3. Johnny Oduya

4. Michal Rozsival

5. Nick Leddy

6. Niklas Hjalmarsson

7. Sheldon Brookbank

8. Steve Montador

9. Dylan Olsen

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

“On the back end, we don’t have enough depth,'' Babcock said. “You got (Brian) Rafalski and Stuart and Lidstrom all leaving the club in just over a year, that’s a chunk of cheese leaving. Now we have to replace them with people that step up. There’s opportunity for others.

“(Niklas) Kronwall and (Jonathan) Ericsson will do that. We think Smith has a chance.''

It's not enough, however, as the Red Wings are sure to acquire another defensemen, through free agency or trade, before the season.

“You can’t go into the season with 6 D,'' Babcock said. “We’ll have to get that fixed up, and we will.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/09/red_wings_mike_babcock_confide.html