• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsick13

Any NHL'ers from your home town?

Rate this topic

Don't think born here but some came through the local college Saint Cloud State.. Matt Cullen, Bret Hedican even brought the cup to SCSU. :)

Little cool fact as well, Ben Hanowski who is drafted by Penguins plays on SCSU right now, I actually played against him in high school and when he broke the record for most all time state scoring, it was against my school.

All kinds of NHLers are from Mississauga, Ontario. I went to the same high school as Matt Moulson, he is older than I am but his brother and I were the same age and have known each other since middle school.

Chris Campoli, Brad Boyes, Jason Spezza, Matt Stajan, John Tavares, Casey Cizikas...

Ryan Sproul is from just down the street as well and my best friend was his reading buddy growing up. What a world.

Currently playing? None. The only person I've been able to find from San Diego is Craig Coxe, who retired in 1992. Of course, my favorite person to claim is Chris Chelios, who went to high school here. Yeah yeah, I know he's firmly rooted in everyone's mind as a Chicagoan, but cut me some slack, we don't get a lot of hockey glory out here.

Well I'm from the Duluth, MN area. None from my actual town but there was Sean Hill, Jamie Langenbrunner, Derek Plante, and Cade Fairchild. I actually played against Cade as a kid. Brett Hull actually lives in the area on a lake and golfs with my cousin if that counts

Got some good players from Winnipeg for sure.

Jonathan Toews, Darren Helm, I believe Patrick Sharp was actually born here and then moved to Thunder Bay when he was young, same with Duncan Keith being born here, Cam Barker, Leafs prospect Carter Ashton, went to high school with Dustin Boyd, pretty sure Mark Stone is from here, Cody Eakin, Scott Glennie, Mike Keane, Derek Meech, Colton Orr, Dave Semenko, Alex Steen was born here, Ian White is from the area, Travis Zajac (his cousin's a huge pot head), Terry Sawchuk and of course the fastest hat trick ever....Billy Mosienko.

Sudbury, ON:

- Al Arbour

- Larry Aurie

- Todd Bertuzzi

- Toe Blake

- Joe Bowen

- Andrew Brunette

- Cummy Burton

- Randy Carlyle

- Andrew Desjardins

- Ron Duguay

- Mike Foligno

- Marcus Foligno

- Nick Foligno

- Dave Fortier

- Dave Lowry

- Derek MacKenzie

- Dale McCourt

- Jim Pappin

- Art Ross

- Sam Rothschild

- Brian Savage

- Al Secord

- Eddie Shack

- Irv Spencer

- Dave Taylor

Blah, blah, blah....can you name players we've heard of before :lol:

I went to college with Stan Bowman and Al Arbour's daughter.

I went to college with Stan Bowman and Al Arbour's daughter.

Stan Bowman and Al Arbour have a daughter together?! I never would have guessed there was something going on between those two...

In more on topic news, no one famous ever came from my home town. NO ONE.

Well, I'm from Halifax so of course about 15 minutes away you have Sidney Crosby in Cole Harbour..

But from Halifax specifically there are only a few active players including Eric Boulton, Andrew Gordon and Brad Marchand,

Ryan Pottruff - 2004 RD 7 #202 Carolina Hurricanes... Kings AHL team tryout

Doug Shelton - 5 games with Blackhawks

Jake Muzzin - 2007 RD 5 #141 PIT.... now on Kings AHL team

Jeff Zehr - 1997 RD 2 #31 NYI... 4 games with Bruins

Cody Sol - 2009 RD 5 #125 ATL now WPG... could make Jets AHL team this year and maybe the Jets soon

2 up and coming maybe ... 3 bust

Matt Mahalek G. Monroe, MI. CAR draft pick

I got a place on Clark Lake near Jackson, MI. Grew up with his parents and their family just down the lakeside.

Originally from Milford, MI. I don't know of any that are from there. But Kocur is living near there now. See him from time to time.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Flint, MI - Brian Rolston is the only one I can think of, unless you include Tim Thomas and Ken Morrow - but they're both from Davison.

They wouldn't be the first Davison residents to claim they're from Flint - that's for sure.

I'm originally from Bay City. I don't think we've got any claims to fame in the hockey world.

Steve Moore... lmao. Ed Jovanovski as well. I know of quite a few that played here in windsor though; Taylor Hall, Jason Spezza, matt cooke, there are more too off the top of my head I can't think of them though.

Edit: as someone else previously mentioned, kyle wellwood as well

Edited by Euro_Twins

I always thought Stoll was from Neudorf but never Melville. Is it Yorkton?

Funny how towns claim all the players they can.

:lol:

I always thought Stoll was from Neudorf but never Melville. Is it Yorkton?

Funny how towns claim all the players they can.

:lol:

Frickin tablets...... Hit post twice.......