• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsick13

Any NHL'ers from your home town?

Rate this topic

I was born in Midland, MI and unfortunately no NHL guys from there, but an extension would certainly be the Detroit area guys. Once the family moved to the Chicago area, there was not any guys from the city we resided in, but then again all of the guys from around the Chicago area itself including Brett Lebda, Mike Brown, Al Montoya, Jared Boll, etc.

I did however attend prep school at Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota and had the opportunity to go to school with Zach Parise, Sidney Crosby, Jack Johnson and Drew Stafford as well as having the chance to play on the same team with Crosby, Johnson and Stafford during my last year there.

Guest Crymson

I was born in Midland, MI and unfortunately no NHL guys from there, but an extension would certainly be the Detroit area guys. Once the family moved to the Chicago area, there was not any guys from the city we resided in, but then again all of the guys from around the Chicago area itself including Brett Lebda, Mike Brown, Al Montoya, Jared Boll, etc.

I did however attend prep school at Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota and had the opportunity to go to school with Zach Parise, Sidney Crosby, Jack Johnson and Drew Stafford as well as having the chance to play on the same team with Crosby, Johnson and Stafford during my last year there.

Why didn't you eliminate Crosby when you had the chance????!!!?!???

Kesler graduated from Churchill the year before I started so we have many mutual acquaintances. Literally no one has anything nice to say about the guy. It figures, he said he was an Av's fan growing up, so he was one of "those kids".

Ya, and don't forget the whole Ohio State thing....He may have claimed to be a Av's fan but I can bet you my life savings he celebrated them and probably went to both the 97 and 98 Stanley Cup parades...

Steve Moore... lmao. Ed Jovanovski as well. I know of quite a few that played here in windsor though; Taylor Hall, Jason Spezza, matt cooke, there are more too off the top of my head I can't think of them though.

Edit: as someone else previously mentioned, kyle wellwood as well

Lest we forget two of Windsor's favorite son's, Bob Probert and Tie Domi... no longer in the NHL, but NHL'ers none the less!

Lest we forget two of Windsor's favorite son's, Bob Probert and Tie Domi... no longer in the NHL, but NHL'ers none the less!

Yes, R.I.P. Bob Probert, I remembered him after I posted and I wasn't near a computer, and thanks for reminding me of Domi. Two great fighters, they had some good fights against each other

Edited by Euro_Twins

Complicated question really. Depends on how you look at it (where the players were born, or where they grew up?) Where I was born, or grew up?

For me, all of my childhood was spent in Nova Scotia before moving to Toronto after university. I spent almost all of the 80s in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia where I remember growing up thinking about Al MacInnis, Booby Smith and Mike McPhee as being the local guys that made it to the NHL.

Thinking about the Halifax area where I spent the majority of my older school years and where most of my family still resides, I tend to think of the following guys:

- Sidney Crosby

- Colin White (we were actually born in the same hospital, same year)

- Jon Sim (another guy, same hospital, same year as me.....although I know Colin's family better)

- Brad Marchad (he's from just down the street from my parents)

- Donald MacLean (went to high school and graduated in the same class)

- Glen Murray

- soon to be Nathan MacKinnon