• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsick13

Any NHL'ers from your home town?

Rate this topic

Just like it says whos' from your home town?. I'm from Thunder Bay ontario which for such a small town there are tons of players from here. During the Summer months these guys skate together- The Staal brothers,Patrick Sharp,Tom and Taylor Pyatt, Alex Auld, Trevor Letowski those are some of the bigger names and now there's a bunch of up and comers. I actually had an invite to play with these guys last summer but couldn't make it could of been an unreal experience. One of my best friends growing uncle is actually Alex Delvecchio. He's from Port Arthur now known as Thunder bay as well as my little league baseball coach was Lou Marcon and my father works with Steve Black both guys played with Gordie Howe. Anyways lets here some of your guys stories.

I'm from Livonia, we have a few. Al Iafrate and Ryan Kesler definitely lived here. I'm not sure about Modano, he went to Livonia Franklin but I heard he lived in Westland. Brent Johnson lived in Farmington but he played for the Livonia knights.

Honestly , with the quality of the Livonia Hockey Association from '80's to the early 2000's I'm surprised we didn't produce a few more.

Josh Georges went to high school with my wife here in Kelowna,Duncan Kieth grew up just south of here in Penticton and now many many many players live here including Dany Heatley, Brent Seabrook, Carey Price, Shea Weber, and Jerome Iginla. Chris Osgood and Ken Holland both live in Vernon just north of Kelowna.

I'm from Livonia, we have a few. Al Iafrate and Ryan Kesler definitely lived here. I'm not sure about Modano, he went to Livonia Franklin but I heard he lived in Westland. Brent Johnson lived in Farmington but he played for the Livonia knights.

Honestly , with the quality of the Livonia Hockey Association from '80's to the early 2000's I'm surprised we didn't produce a few more.

I know he's not a big name but Chris Connor is also from Livonia.

I actually saw Kessler play when he was a kid, but I don't really remember him. My friend's son is the same age and I watch him play for years.

West Point, Nebraska? Nope. Of course, I moved away when I was 2 months old, so it wouldn't matter.

My adopted home, however, has had a few, if you count the Greater Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan area rather than just Fargo.

Paul Gaustad was born here and lived here for his first few years of life. Moorhead has produced Jason Blake, the Cullen brothers (Matt still lives in Fargo in the offseason) and one other who used to play for the Senators whose name completely slips my mind. <--- EDIT: Brian Lee, currently with the Lightning.

I've never met any of them, but the guy who used to live the street over from me and helped me lift the frame of my deck when I was building it used to work for the Cullen boys' dad.

Edited by 55fan

Guest Crymson

Ryan and Drew Miller are from my hometown. I knew Corey Potter (defenseman for the Oilers) growing up; we went to the same school. He was not the nicest fellow, though this was long ago.

I actually saw Kesler play when he was a kid, but I don't really remember him. My friend's son is the same age and I watch him play for years.

A friend of mine went to high school with Kesler. He said that the guy was a consummately self-absorbed jerk.

Edited by Crymson

Ryan and Drew Miller are from my hometown. I knew Corey Potter (defenseman for the Oilers) growing up; we went to the same school. He was not the nicest fellow, though this was long ago.

A friend of mine went to high school with Kesler. He said that the guy was a consummately self-absorbed jerk.

I have heard that about him now so it doesn't surprise me.

A friend of mine went to high school with Kesler.vHe said that the guy was a consummately self absorbed jerk.

Kesler graduated from Churchill the year before I started so we have many mutual acquaintances. Literally no one has anything nice to say about the guy. It figures, he said he was an Av's fan growing up, so he was one of "those kids".

Sudbury, ON:

- Al Arbour

- Larry Aurie

- Todd Bertuzzi

- Toe Blake

- Joe Bowen

- Andrew Brunette

- Cummy Burton

- Randy Carlyle

- Andrew Desjardins

- Ron Duguay

- Mike Foligno

- Marcus Foligno

- Nick Foligno

- Dave Fortier

- Dave Lowry

- Derek MacKenzie

- Dale McCourt

- Jim Pappin

- Art Ross

- Sam Rothschild

- Brian Savage

- Al Secord

- Eddie Shack

- Irv Spencer

- Dave Taylor

I was born in Southfield, MI, lived there 'til I was almost 9, then moved to Farmington, MI.

Southfield-- I've seen Jimmy Carson listed as from there as well as Grosse Pointe; Shawn Chambers; Tim Gleason (I coached his cousin for 3 years); and I'm pretty sure there are a couple more recent players who list Southfield as their hometown, but I can't think of who they are.

Farmington-- Brent Johnson, who is Sid Abel's grandson; Mike Vellucci, the Plymouth Whalers' coach, played 2 games with Hartford; Cam Fowler is from Farmington Hills. Again, I'm sure there are others. Oh, and Eric Lindros went to Farmington HS for a semester while playing for Compuware, before his OHL rights were traded from the Soo to Oshawa.

Im from Lancaster, Pa... Closet I have is one NHLer in Nick Foligno... Played the same high school league as me and have played with him... Also played with David Kolomatis who is in La's farm system and Tyler Hostetter Flyers Farm System.... And for you state fans I have played with Chris Snavley who won the NCAA with Abdelkader and he is from my town... Never made the show though...

The only other close relation I have is a buddy who played at Mercyhurst... He plays sometimes with Tavares, PK Subban and a few others...

My hometown is small but we've had quite a few NHL players from here.

Jon Klemm, Brad Lukowich, and Rob Niedermayer and Scott Niedermayer are some I can think of off the top of my head but I know there's more. There's a few like Stoll that lived here when they played on our WHL team too but that doesn't count. I do feel like I'm missing a big name guy here.....

Oh yeah, and Steve Yzerman

Edited by Ally