• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

[Retired] Official Lockout Thread

Rate this topic

Doug Maclean@DougMaclean

Counter now from NHL. Both sides working to get done by friday.

Nick Cotsonika @cotsonika

Asked if he could confirm both sides had made proposals, Don Fehr said he would not confirm anything one way or another. #tightlipped

Matthew Barnaby@MattBarnaby3636

Just got a text from owners side that his guess is season starts on dec 26th.

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA Believed that league's idea for 10-year CBA is in order to ease the initial burden for clubs on the transition payment

Edited by rrasco

I'm seeing tweets mentioning that Nick Kypreos is hearing rumors of coaches contacting players, advising them to be ready for a December 14th training camp date.

This just in - KHL to NHL: "Now wait just a @#$damned minute Rondell!"

post-18201-0-92211800-1354752729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Barry

The tenseness could be a good sign. If they're really serious about getting a deal done, and they've made real progress, now each side will toughen up again to grab whatever concessions they can before it's too late.

Honestly, I still wish that nobody goes to the games. Watch them on TV (I know I will) but stay away from the arenas. I have a pet peeve about letting elites get away with hurting everyone else.

Is this in regards to contract length?

If so - I sure as hell hope this season doesn't hinge on the notion that some players just gotta have that 10 year contract <_<

agreed. it would be pretty pathetic that an issue that only affects a small minority of players would derail discussions. but it's the nhl and nhlpa we're talking about here. anything can happen

@TheNYRBlog Source telling me NHL podium in hotel is for press conference tomorrow announcing CBA agreement.

I am really hoping this is true, although the post above yours says that talks are not looking good. So in reality we won't know until THEY want us to... :(

Yah there are tons of conflicting reports out there... but personally the way I see it is they would not set up the presser for nothing. And the fact that there are sources that say its to announce a CBA agreement tomorrow spells it out to me. I think we will hear lots of different stories for the rest of the night, but in actuality both sides are just tidying up and finalizing everything and we will hear a deal tomorrow morning.

Yah there are tons of conflicting reports out there... but personally the way I see it is they would not set up the presser for nothing. And the fact that there are sources that say its to announce a CBA agreement tomorrow spells it out to me. I think we will hear lots of different stories for the rest of the night, but in actuality both sides are just tidying up and finalizing everything and we will hear a deal tomorrow morning.

I hope that to be true, I would hate if it was to cancel the season (which by the sounds of it, is not the case) seems like they were pretty much in agreement about everything aside from contract lengths in their proposals tonight. If they cancelled a season because of contract length I would murder someone lol.

On that note, If****** hate Twitter and it's stupid SSL errors. I don't know what I just did, god forbid I perform a search on the site, and now I can't access it at all due to SSL errors. Can't even add an exception.

For the last 6 months I couldn't use Twitter because of this. Recently it started working, and of course now, nothing. If I can't get this site to work and I work in IT. They done f***ed up.

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames

Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

This doesn't sound good....but really, no one in the media really knows anything at this point

perhaps Helene means she isn't looking great after latest talks.. out of excitement of an announcement, of course. :P

On that note, If****** hate Twitter and it's stupid SSL errors. I don't know what I just did, god forbid I perform a search on the site, and now I can't access it at all due to SSL errors. Can't even add an exception.

For the last 6 months I couldn't use Twitter because of this. Recently it started working, and of course now, nothing. If I can't get this site to work and I work in IT. They done f***ed up.

I don't even have a twitter because I think it is dumb. Most relevant sports related posts on twitter get posted here anyways, so i am cool with that :)

I don't even have a twitter because I think it is dumb. Most relevant sports related posts on twitter get posted here anyways, so i am cool with that :)

I agree. I only get on it to check for breaking news in times like these. And the god damnf****** site won't work when I need it to. Of course.

I agree. I only get on it to check for breaking news in times like these. And the god damnf****** site won't work when I need it to. Of course.

I really miss the days, of having useful, well thought out news on an actual homepage instead of this twitter crap. Guys like MacKenzie, LeBrun and Dreger should stick to using tsn.ca instead of shortmessage-system aka twitter.

As long as nothing has been made official, I will remain skeptical.