• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

[Retired] Official Lockout Thread

Rate this topic

f***.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Don Fehr: It's not positive. We were advised in a voice mail message that the moves the players made were not acceptable.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

Fehr: we were advised that moves were not acceptable

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Don Fehr: No reason to stay for meetings tonight or tomorrow. They will be in touch. Something is off the table. Not sure what it means.

This isf****** stupid. Why is the PA tabling an offer unacceptable? It was so bad that talks are now broken off? Hey NHL? Want to really piss off your customers? You just did.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Fehr says NHL left a voicemail message saying NHLPA counter wasn't acceptable. No need to stick around today or Friday. Talks broken for now

If we are going back to a stale mate and sitting around waiting for news that they might talk and might figure out how the f*ck to play hockey at some point this decade...I'm done.

Another round of the owners demanding their way or the highway and rejecting an offer in an insignificant amount of time.

Anyone still backing the owners? They got their money and a limit on contracts. What's your argument now?

Sorry. I'm pissed and venting at my fellow Red Wing Nation. But this is beyond comprehensible anymore.

Anyone want to buy some jerseys?

Edited by rrasco

If we are going back to a stale mate and sitting around waiting for news that they might talk and might figure out how the f*ck to play hockey at some point this decade...I'm done.

Another round of the owners demanding their way or the highway and rejecting an offer in an insignificant amount of time.

Anyone still backing the owners? They got their money and a limit on contracts. What's your argument now?

like i said in a post just before this news broke, the devil is always in the details. i'm willing to guess the latest pa proposal isn't nearly as good as it seems. need to hear the nhl's response before coming to a conclusion

Edited by chances14

And I'm still watching....God I hate that I need this.

hang on: Bettman and Daly to address media shortly

Bettman and Daly to address media shortly within half hour

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

S. Fehr: Sides still should be close to a deal. It's an up and down process. Try to keep an even keel.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman, Daly coming to hotel for press conference.

Should have seen this coming, Fehr wouldn't have been the guy to announce an agreement anyway would he?

My initial thought was they would make the announcement together. But then we would all know. I also wouldn't put it past either of the headmasters to jump the gun and get on the podium to be 'the one' to break the good news.

And I'm still watching....God I hate that I need this.

No kidding. I think I'm in an abusive relationship with the NHL.

Fehr has had his doomsday speech, then cue Bettman whining about not having a willing negotiating partner and we're back right where we started. again. and again.

No kidding. I think I'm in an abusive relationship with the NHL.

Fehr has had his doomsday speech, then cue Bettman whining about not having a willing negotiating partner and we're back right where we started. again. and again.

I think so too. Either one of these guys won't let the other one come out and address the media alone, they need to get the last word in.

And on that note, I'm having Twitter problems again. Happened when I tried to go to Commie's feed this time. He had impeccable timing of asking how everyone was tonight, literally 2 minutes after the rejections news broke.

I think so too. Either one of these guys won't let the other one come out and address the media alone, they need to get the last word in.

And on that note, I'm having Twitter problems again. Happened when I tried to go to Commie's feed this time. He had impeccable timing of asking how everyone was tonight, literally 2 minutes after the rejections news broke.

This is about all he said after, in regards to the nhl....

Mike Commodore@commie22

The NHL didn't just break of talks via voicemail did they? I must be reading these tweets wrong. Did we just get #dumped?

Edited by amato

:lol:

It seems fitting somehow. They probably notified the players of the work stoppage in September by changing their facebook status to "locked out."

haha right?! wouldn't be surprised.... that's about as professional as negotiations have been at times.

I got back in.

Bettman and Daly are here addressing media now

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: Week has been an emotional roller coaster. Put in process we hoped would move things along.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: A lot of optimism and hope after Tuesday meeting. Reported that to BOG on Wednesday. Almost inexplicably disappeared Wed afternoon.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: The key for all of us, particularly the owners, was to have a long-term deal. That's what fans, game, players, partners deserve.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: New owners wanted to do something bold. Put more money on table to show we want to play.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: Union's response was "shockingly silent." The owners were "beside themselves." Some of them I had never seen that emotional.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: Owners said union "clearly doesn't want to make a deal." Players wanted to get back on track.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: Players made pension plan key element, after making make-whole and contracting elements key elements in past.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: Owners outlined what key elements they needed in exchange for pension plan, so they were expecting yes or no.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Bettman: It wasn't intended to be a negotiating session. Answer wasn't "yes."

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Gary Bettman appears visibly rattled. Understandably so. Season is in serious peril.

Owners said there were three things we had to have and we'll make it work on pensions. Needed them to make it. Needed a yes or a no.

Mike Commodore@commie22

Gary "Hi Mike its Gary..things just aren't working out between us...its not you its me...we can't be together anymore, bye"