• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2458 replies to this topic

#2061 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

If we are going back to a stale mate and sitting around waiting for news that they might talk and might figure out how the f*ck to play hockey at some point this decade...I'm done.

Another round of the owners demanding their way or the highway and rejecting an offer in an insignificant amount of time.

Anyone still backing the owners? They got their money and a limit on contracts. What's your argument now?

Sorry. I'm pissed and venting at my fellow Red Wing Nation. But this is beyond comprehensible anymore.

Anyone want to buy some jerseys?

Edited by rrasco, 06 December 2012 - 07:27 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#2062 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

If we are going back to a stale mate and sitting around waiting for news that they might talk and might figure out how the f*ck to play hockey at some point this decade...I'm done.

Another round of the owners demanding their way or the highway and rejecting an offer in an insignificant amount of time.

Anyone still backing the owners? They got their money and a limit on contracts. What's your argument now?

like i said in a post just before this news broke, the devil is always in the details. i'm willing to guess the latest pa proposal isn't nearly as good as it seems. need to hear the nhl's response before coming to a conclusion

Edited by chances14, 06 December 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#2063 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Should have seen this coming, Fehr wouldn't have been the guy to announce an agreement anyway would he?
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#2064 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

And I'm still watching....God I hate that I need this.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
hang on: Bettman and Daly to address media shortly

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Bettman and Daly to address media shortly within half hour

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
S. Fehr: Sides still should be close to a deal. It's an up and down process. Try to keep an even keel.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman, Daly coming to hotel for press conference.

#2065 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

During the last lockout, there were moments when it looked like the season was saved, and then nothing happened.

I expect as much with these idiots. This league is more inept than the XFL.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#2066 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Should have seen this coming, Fehr wouldn't have been the guy to announce an agreement anyway would he?

My initial thought was they would make the announcement together. But then we would all know. I also wouldn't put it past either of the headmasters to jump the gun and get on the podium to be 'the one' to break the good news.

#2067 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

And I'm still watching....God I hate that I need this.

No kidding. I think I'm in an abusive relationship with the NHL.

Fehr has had his doomsday speech, then cue Bettman whining about not having a willing negotiating partner and we're back right where we started. again. and again.

#2068 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

is there anywhere to watch all of this bulls*** go down?

#2069 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

is there anywhere to watch all of this bulls*** go down?

My nightmares.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#2070 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Fehr has had his doomsday speech, then cue Bettman whining about not having a willing negotiating partner and we're back right where we started. again. and again.

I think so too. Either one of these guys won't let the other one come out and address the media alone, they need to get the last word in.

And on that note, I'm having Twitter problems again. Happened when I tried to go to Commie's feed this time. He had impeccable timing of asking how everyone was tonight, literally 2 minutes after the rejections news broke.

#2071 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

I think so too. Either one of these guys won't let the other one come out and address the media alone, they need to get the last word in.

And on that note, I'm having Twitter problems again. Happened when I tried to go to Commie's feed this time. He had impeccable timing of asking how everyone was tonight, literally 2 minutes after the rejections news broke.

This is about all he said after, in regards to the nhl....

Mike Commodore@commie22
The NHL didn't just break of talks via voicemail did they? I must be reading these tweets wrong. Did we just get #dumped?

Edited by amato, 06 December 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#2072 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Mike Commodore@commie22
The NHL didn't just break of talks via voicemail did they? I must be reading these tweets wrong. Did we just get #dumped?

:lol:

It seems fitting somehow. They probably notified the players of the work stoppage in September by changing their facebook status to "locked out."

#2073 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

:lol:

It seems fitting somehow. They probably notified the players of the work stoppage in September by changing their facebook status to "locked out."

haha right?! wouldn't be surprised.... that's about as professional as negotiations have been at times.

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#2074 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I got back in.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Bettman and Daly are here addressing media now

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Week has been an emotional roller coaster. Put in process we hoped would move things along.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: A lot of optimism and hope after Tuesday meeting. Reported that to BOG on Wednesday. Almost inexplicably disappeared Wed afternoon.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: The key for all of us, particularly the owners, was to have a long-term deal. That's what fans, game, players, partners deserve.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: New owners wanted to do something bold. Put more money on table to show we want to play.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Union's response was "shockingly silent." The owners were "beside themselves." Some of them I had never seen that emotional.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Owners said union "clearly doesn't want to make a deal." Players wanted to get back on track.

#2075 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#2076 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Players made pension plan key element, after making make-whole and contracting elements key elements in past.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Owners outlined what key elements they needed in exchange for pension plan, so they were expecting yes or no.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: It wasn't intended to be a negotiating session. Answer wasn't "yes."

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers
Gary Bettman appears visibly rattled. Understandably so. Season is in serious peril.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
Owners said there were three things we had to have and we'll make it work on pensions. Needed them to make it. Needed a yes or a no.

Mike Commodore@commie22
Gary "Hi Mike its Gary..things just aren't working out between us...its not you its me...we can't be together anymore, bye"

#2077 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

kinda funny how right when bettman and fehr get back into the fold, things all go to sh*t....

Datsyukian

adjective

#2078 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Bottom line is union is suggesting because we moved, close to deal. But moves were contingent on things union did not agree to.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: The characterization that we were close, that reminds me of the last time the union said we were close and we were $1B apart.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Spinning us into "emotional frenzy" is unfair.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: We have moved dramatically. We are proposing long-term system that will pay players billions.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: I am disappointed beyond belief that we are where we are tonight. Need to take a deep breath and try to regroup.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Things added to table this week are now off the table.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: Made best offer, then stretched. Went further than we should have. When it didn't get right response, clubs wanted make-whole gone.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Bettman: I wanted to do everything possible to try to get to a deal.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Daly: This whole week has been about a package deal.

#2079 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Speaking of doomsday, Fehr reminds me of Dr. Strangelove, and all these meetings remind me of the "War Room" in the movie. These morons will never get anything accomplished.

Except this s*** isn't funny and the league will be ruined after this.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#2080 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Oh boo hoo, now we're pulling things off the table again. Only fitting because it seems like a bunch of toddlers have been running these negotiations all along.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg