• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2458 replies to this topic

#2441 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sad that I hear about game cancellations from my local news before I see it elsewhere. I thought it was particularly interesting they used a picture from JLA. It's like they're trying to break my heart. </3

http://www.mysananto...-14-4135777.php

Did that picture just come out Kip?

Yep, I just read the story on TSN and looked it up. Same goes for the Brassard link. Bummer about the JLA pic, it really is like rubbing our noses in it.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#2442 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I just read that article. Was looking on Twitter for mention of Kane, but none there.

Seems that Austrian club has management issues, at least that's what the comments in that article are insinuating. Of course, they're also talking about armed forces and terrorism, so who the hell knows.

After reading the Kane article, he mentions Mayweather. If you ever saw the Ortiz/Mayweather 24/7, him and 50 cent were doing that with money, so I understand the joke. Horrible timing though.

Edited by rrasco, 20 December 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#2443 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Reports are that the next cancellation will be the season. I guess I can almost officially thank both the NHL owners & players for saving me the cost of the Center Ice package in these hard economic times. It's really nice that they were looking out for the fiscal health of the fans like that. That's what this was all about right? Right? :glare:

#2444 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Reports are that the next cancellation will be the season. I guess I can almost officially thank both the NHL owners & players for saving me the cost of the Center Ice package in these hard economic times. It's really nice that they were looking out for the fiscal health of the fans like that. That's what this was all about right? Right? :glare:

Hell, I would like to thank both the NHL owners and players for saving me the cost of going to 2-3 NHL games by this time. That comes to about $400 by the time you factor in tickets, food, gas, parking, and so on. I won't be spending jack s*** on the NHL for the next 3 years at least.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#2445 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

And here's to you Evander Kane, for dim-wittedly destroying any good will the players might still have in the minds of many fans. Nothing says "we're the good guys" like flaunting your stacks of money in a Las Vegas penthouse. Atta boy.

Posted Image

I still find it rather amusing how any pro athlete can pull a ****** bag stunt such as this, and probbly not think of the consequences...Even more amusing is that he probably is carrying what's left in his bank account.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#2446 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

And if he would of came out and just flat said "Yeah probably not gonna have a season this year" you and a bunch of others on here would of blown up and came up with a bunch of other silly names for "Buttman" because WE ALL know that its Bettmans fault and only his fault.

I mean really...what the heck would you rather him say!?!

Timestamp of Uncle Billshut's impassioned observation article from yesterday:

12/19/2012 7:51:33 PM

Timestamp the most recent cancellation announcement article from today:

12/20/2012 6:33:04 PM

A total of 625 games have been cancelled because of the current lockout, which represents 50.8 per cent of the season.

One step closer to "The Plan" coming to fruition.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 20 December 2012 - 07:54 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2447 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

A total of 625 games have been cancelled because of the current lockout, which represents 50.8 per cent of the season.

i'm surprised they let it get to less than half a season before canceling the entire thing....

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#2448 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Timestamp of Uncle Billshut's impassioned observation article from yesterday:

Timestamp the most recent cancellation announcement article from today:

One step closer to the"The Plan" coming to fruition.

Oh yeah that's right because this whole thing is the boogie man Bettmans fault. Saint Fehr is getting ready to pass out presents this Christmas to all of the players and fans of the nhl. I forgot all about that.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#2449 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Oh yeah that's right because this whole thing is the boogie man Bettmans fault. Saint Fehr is getting ready to pass out presents this Christmas to all of the players and fans of the nhl. I forgot all about that.

Are you arguing just to argue?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#2450 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Funny how it's completely devolved isn't it?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#2451 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Well so 14.1.2012 I guess there will be another round of cancellations, after that they are going to call off the season I'd guess.

Whatever this league does deserve everything it will get, whenever they are back. Greedy billionaires and their puppets are never satisfied.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#2452 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

You could say the same about cusimano_brothers as well. 123 pages and no one is changing their tune. I wouldn't expect this to change either.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#2453 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Uncle Gary + (Lockout x3) = Legacy.

Sometimes, the obvious is always overlooked by those who steadfastly refuse to look at it...over and over and over and...

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2454 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Arguing just to argue? It seems this thread as turned into the actual CBA talks then.

#2455 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

I could say the same about others on here after the 123 pages of Buttman did it and only Buttman but if I did I would be breaking the rules that the mods have said over and over, time and time again that some just don't seem to be able to follow.

No some can't see that it's simply not just Bettman that's doing this. He was hired by the owners and pretty much controlled by the owners to do what he is doing. Oh yeah even our own Mr I probably doesn't mind whats going on. Not sure why some have not really picked up on that all these years....I guess it's more fun to have 1 person to blame and come up with all those catchy names you have for him. While on the other side you have Fehr that some how is getting a pass by most on here like he is some kind of savior of hockey. I will say it again...I hate both sides....I hate that we don't have hockey....I hate that the owners and the nhlpa are a bunch of greedy SOB's and we fans are the ones getting the short end of the deal. I hate the fact that the lowest paid player in the NHL is making more money than most of us will even see in our lifetime or that anyone would ever need to live but they still want more and you still have fans that feel sorry that they aren't getting even more ...they are the ones that trained all their childhoods to play a sport...to be in the entertainment business so they should be the ones making more than the owners that have took all of the risk to put the players out on the ice. The whole thing is just crazy.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 21 December 2012 - 09:39 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#2456 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Uncle Gary + (Lockout x3) = Legacy.

Sometimes, the obvious is always overlooked by those who steadfastly refuse to look at it...over and over and over and...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I do not have a love fest with Bettman, don't get me wrong... but I have enough sense to acknowledge the very simple fact that Bettman is accountable to the board of governors. Do you acknowledge this?
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#2457 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

No, he doesn't; nor do you concede his points. No one does. No one has changed anyone's mind in this thread, and they won't. If we can't discuss something other than who's at fault for the lockout, then let's not discuss anything. It's the same points by the same people for the last 20 pages. Nothing has changed. Let's not fluff our post count. There has to be something else we can talk about.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#2458 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Posted Image
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#2459 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

8 minutes. Held off as long as we could, I see. With that post, I think it's clear that this thread has reached the end of its long and lonely road.

Please understand. Closing this thread does not mean that you guys can't discuss the lockout, and everything surrounding it. Far from it. At the moment there's not really a whole lot to discuss about the lockout, but when something new does happen (i.e., new meetings, game cancellations, etc), then feel free to start a new thread to discuss that particular happening. Until then, however, this thread needs to go gentle into that good night. It's become a "catch all" for discussing all the particular events of the lockout, which is something that Matt and the Mod Staff feel LGW doesn't need.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."