• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2458 replies to this topic

#461 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

One by one, big name players are announcing their intentions of playing elsewhere right now. Here's hoping this is cramping Uncle Gary's colon.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#462 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

@DarrenDreger: No surprise, but, the first chunk of NHL regular season games will be cancelled today.

Boo!!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#463 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

@DarrenDreger: No surprise, but, the first chunk of NHL regular season games will be cancelled today.

Boo!!

This is good news for my wallet and for many years to come. I estimate I spend about $1500 on tickets, gas, and merchandise for the NHL in a year. With no more center ice, tickets, or merchandise for the next 5-6 years, I can take that money and spend it on something else. Preferably that isn't rife with greed or lack of compromise on the side of players and the league.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#464 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Proteau's interview with Fehr:

http://t.co/Ms8pA3t2

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#465 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Per Dreger...

Although, not official, it's expected the NHL will announce games from Oct 11 through Oct 24th have been cancelled.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#466 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=642785

It's official now..

Edit: meant to reply to the post before this one.. NHL cancels season thru oct 24th

Edited by amato, 04 October 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#467 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

from NHL.com

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through October 24. A total of 82 regular-season games were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Oct. 24.
The cancellation was necessary because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.

There was nothing about this that was necessary.

#468 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well, now we all know how Mike Commodore feels about Bettman...

...and Verizon Wireless...

Gary bettman loves #verizon. #verizonblows #thieves #liars

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

#469 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Well, now we all know how Mike Commodore feels about Bettman...

...and Verizon Wireless...

I think Verizon is far more reliable and much less a pain in my ass than Uncle Gary.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#470 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

I think Verizon is far more reliable and much less a pain in my ass than Uncle Gary.

I dunno, 3 lockouts in 3 chances for Uncle Gary. If that's not reliable and consistent, I don't know what is...

#471 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

I dunno, 3 lockouts in 3 chances for Uncle Gary. If that's not reliable and consistent, I don't know what is...

Ok, but you've gotta give me the pain in the ass points on that one...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#472 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

MOTHERf****** f***Sf****** f***ED HOCKEY. f***!

That was absolutely necessary for those around me. They are now safe. For one more day.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#473 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

MOTHERf****** f***Sf****** f***ED HOCKEY. f***!

That was absolutely necessary for those around me. They are now safe. For one more day.

Not sure, if this keeps up for long, if I will even support the NHL under Bettman. I know many here will be with me if they cancel the Winter Classic.

#474 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Not sure, if this keeps up for long, if I will even support the NHL under Bettman. I know many here will be with me if they cancel the Winter Classic.

A relationship expert would tell you that if she cheats on you and you stay with her, you lose all her respect. And this Bettman/NHL ***** has already cheated on you 3 times now. It's time to end the relationship.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#475 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

A relationship expert would tell you that if she cheats on you and you stay with her, you lose all her respect. And this Bettman/NHL ***** has already cheated on you 3 times now. It's time to end the relationship.

BUT she's the hottest chic in school!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#476 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

BUT she's the hottest chic in school!

maybe thats her problem... too hot for her own good...

She's got Vaginal Hubris... Those who watch the league will understand haha

#477 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Relocate this effing trolling midget and his damn expansion teams OR for jesus christs sake FOLD them.

I hate these bastard owners such as Jacobs go to hell if you want it cheap and take all your greedy billionaires with you.

Players wont cave this time and let you mother*** and your damn midget do this crap every 6 years.

By the way shove your SUCKING thank you fans crap on your golden toilet.

Voting for more Dolans, Pegulas, Illitches and Lemieuxs and less suckers like Jacobs

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#478 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Leave it to the CBC to create this innovation:

The 2012-13 NHL season may be on hiatus, but Hockey Night In Canada won’t be – thanks to some help from its fans.

Starting today, 'Hockey Night In Canada: Your Pick' gives hockey fans the power to choose between five memorable games from any era, including regular-season and playoffs, all-star games, and international match-ups. The week’s most popular choice as decided by Canadians will be unveiled by host Ron MacLean on Hockey Night in Canada the following Saturday night at 8 p.m. local time (8:30 p.m. NT) on CBC.

#479 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

NEW YORK -- National Hockey League Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly today issued the following statement concerning the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through Oct. 24:

"We were extremely disappointed to have to make today's announcement. The game deserves better, the fans deserve better and the people who derive income from their connection to the NHL deserve better.

"We remain committed to doing everything in our power to forge an agreement that is fair to the players, fair to the teams and good for our fans.

"This is not about 'winning' or 'losing' a negotiation. This is about finding a solution that preserves the long-term health and stability of the League and the game.

"We are committed to getting this done."

SSDD.

#480 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

By my count we've lost 1,780 games due to Bettman's lockouts. That beats MLB, NBA and NFL by a longshot.

The sad part is we're still counting. That number is going to get even higher.