• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

[Retired] Official Lockout Thread

Rate this topic

.... Only the hardline group of 6-8 owners and Bettman himself seem to be happy with the situation.

Do you know how many players 'seem to be happy with' Fehr brothers?

Guest Johnz96

Do you know how many players 'seem to be happy with' Fehr brothers?

When more than half of them vote for a deal, it will be accepted.

At least they are allowed to express how they feel, the owners have a gag order imposed on them, essentially to keep the fans (where the revenue comes from) in the dark because we are the ones who care to hear bout it.

Looks like today's meetings will be underway soon. Several players will be in attendance today, per the NHLPA's twitter feed...

Players in NYC for resumption of CBA talks: Adams, Backes, Biron, Campoli, Crosby, Darche, Hainsey, Hedberg, Lucic, Malhotra, Montador, S. Thornton, Westgarth.

Fehr's addressing the media at the moment.

Per LeBrun...

Don Fehr meeting media now here at NHLPA NYC office. "We hope that this time it produces more progress than it has in the past," Fehr said
Fehr on Make Whole, "It depends on what that appears to be... And it doesn't end the matter." Other important issues as well, he said
Asked if both sides are closer. "I'm not going to comment on that." Says important just to go into the meeting today and see what transpires

PLEASE, just sign the damn thing, Z and Brunner are tearing it up overseas and I want to see if that rolls over onto our rink... I miss seeing Datsyuk in Red and White making players look like amateurs every night, and he doesn't have many years of that left... You already cancelled the highly anticipated WC, don't ruin another season of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Kronwalling...

Guest Johnz96

The fact it went 7 hours and they're meeting again tomorrow it's hard not to be optimistic

If it was up to Bettman the 94-95 season would have been cancelled. It was up to Bettman in 04-05 and it is now, so it is hard for me to be optimistic

(a) Do you aware that it takes TWO to tango?

(b) I assume you know how to properly run business? Let me ask you a simple question, why are you not running NHL team?

A) Are you aware that only one side has the ability to force a lockout?

B) I'd never want to be a team owner. What I would much rather prefer to do is to be part of the CBA negotiating committee. Trying to improve all of the benefits of the players (not just some of them) for the players would be a lot more interesting to me and more rewarding to everyone concerned.

I've also heard that 23/11/2012 is an important date from the standpoint the League and I know why. This kind of a deadline hasn't been staring the League in the face before these negotiations.

When more than half of them vote for a deal, it will be accepted.

At least they are allowed to express how they feel, the owners have a gag order imposed on them, essentially to keep the fans (where the revenue comes from) in the dark because we are the ones who care to hear bout it.

Yeah because the owners need to be professional about it no matter how they feel about Bettman or anyone or anything unlike the players that have spoken making themselves look whinny.

Well, both sides finally met for longer than 2 hours. It took 4.5 months for them to finally sit down and meet for 6-7 hours and then meet again tonight. I certainly hope real negotiations are happening. We don't know because both sides are tight lipped about what was discussed. Still, I applaud both sides for finally sitting down and getting down to brass tax. I hope it continues for the rest of the week or until a deal is done.