• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2458 replies to this topic

#1381 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

That comes after the meeting, not during.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNsZgHCVKU

First the meeting then the whores, you'll have to excuse Jay for his error in judgement... :w00t:

#1382 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

The fact it went 7 hours and they're meeting again tomorrow it's hard not to be optimistic

If it was up to Bettman the 94-95 season would have been cancelled. It was up to Bettman in 04-05 and it is now, so it is hard for me to be optimistic

#1383 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

(a) Do you aware that it takes TWO to tango?
(b) I assume you know how to properly run business? Let me ask you a simple question, why are you not running NHL team?

A) Are you aware that only one side has the ability to force a lockout?
B) I'd never want to be a team owner. What I would much rather prefer to do is to be part of the CBA negotiating committee. Trying to improve all of the benefits of the players (not just some of them) for the players would be a lot more interesting to me and more rewarding to everyone concerned.

I've also heard that 23/11/2012 is an important date from the standpoint the League and I know why. This kind of a deadline hasn't been staring the League in the face before these negotiations.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#1384 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

When more than half of them vote for a deal, it will be accepted.
At least they are allowed to express how they feel, the owners have a gag order imposed on them, essentially to keep the fans (where the revenue comes from) in the dark because we are the ones who care to hear bout it.

Yeah because the owners need to be professional about it no matter how they feel about Bettman or anyone or anything unlike the players that have spoken making themselves look whinny.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#1385 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Well, both sides finally met for longer than 2 hours. It took 4.5 months for them to finally sit down and meet for 6-7 hours and then meet again tonight. I certainly hope real negotiations are happening. We don't know because both sides are tight lipped about what was discussed. Still, I applaud both sides for finally sitting down and getting down to brass tax. I hope it continues for the rest of the week or until a deal is done.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1386 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well, both sides finally met for longer than 2 hours. It took 4.5 months for them to finally sit down and meet for 6-7 hours and then meet again tonight. I certainly hope real negotiations are happening. We don't know because both sides are tight lipped about what was discussed. Still, I applaud both sides for finally sitting down and getting down to brass tax. I hope it continues for the rest of the week or until a deal is done.

Amen to that.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#1387 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Looks like today's meetings won't start until sometime around 1pm ET, at the earliest.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Told no earlier than 1 pm ET for talks today, still no official time finalized yet though. Again will be secret location.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#1388 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I've also heard that 23/11/2012 is an important date from the standpoint the League and I know why. This kind of a deadline hasn't been staring the League in the face before these negotiations.

Black Friday?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1389 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

This might be a case of me reading too much into something, but Ansar Khan is tweeting that Big E is back from Sweden, and is participating in an informal practice in Troy today.

Wings' Jonathan Ericsson back from Sweden, joins several players at informal practice today in Troy.

Big E had been playing a few games in a lower league in Sweden, but last I heard he was still exploring options of where to play afterwards. Might be a sign that players are sensing an end to the lockout sooner rather than later...

snyoep.jpg

#1390 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

This might be a case of me reading too much into something, but Ansar Khan is tweeting that Big E is back from Sweden, and is participating in an informal practice in Troy today.

Big E had been playing a few games in a lower league in Sweden, but last I heard he was still exploring options of where to play afterwards. Might be a sign that players are sensing an end to the lockout sooner rather than later...

I believe I read that Big E had a temporary assignment there from the beginning... I think that was to be expected regardless of the lockout situation.
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#1391 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

I believe I read that Big E had a temporary assignment there from the beginning... I think that was to be expected regardless of the lockout situation.

I seem to remember him signing to play a few games (maybe a month's worth) in a lower Swedish league (Since the SEL won't let players have an "escape clause"), and that he was going to reassess his playing options for the year when that was done.

Then again, I've been wrong before, and this return to the States may have been in his plan all along...

snyoep.jpg

#1392 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

these kinds of meetings should have started many months ago. marathan sessions and no pr bs.

i can see the light at the end of the dark tunnel.

#1393 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

This lockout makes me long for the days of complaining about Ericsson's refusal to use his size and Franzen's refusal to be awake during regular season games. Ahh, good times.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#1394 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

They're probably both being tight lipped so nothing gets said to reporters that can be taken out of context and hamper negotiations. It seems that they're tired of the back and forth jabs via the media and actually want to play hockey.

Also, when you cancel a Winter Classic with 2 of the wealthiest teams that pay a great deal toward the revenue sharing and the broke assed 7-8 owners are the reason the NHL is locked out, it's time for the big dogs to step forward and say eff that Buttman....we want our game with over 100K people. Get it done!

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#1395 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

these kinds of meetings should have started many months ago. marathan sessions and no pr bs.

i can see the light at the end of the dark tunnel.

The fact of the matter is, there is no way such meetings could have happened months ago.....well....I suppose the meetings could have happened, but there is no chance either side is going to conceed anything when there are no pressure points. Now that games and money are being lost, pressure is mounting on both sides. Hopefully enough to get a deal done.

In terms of the PR battle....it's really stupid, but it is also a "necessary" step in the process....from both sides' standpoints anyway. Both sides take PR very seriously and what we saw in the media previously was really just PR postering and a way of negotiating, trying to get leverage on the other side. That type of thing happens early on. A deal doesn't get done that way, it just builds from there. A deal gets done behind closed doors with nothing being reported....hopefully that is the stage we are getting into, but i's very delicate. You never know if something may cause a blow up and forcing them back to the PR battle phase.

#1396 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Are the meetings wrapped up for the day?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1397 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Nope, not yet

#1398 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Meeting didn't start until 3:45pm ET

#1399 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Meeting didn't start until 3:45pm ET

For some reason I thought they were starting at 1pm ET...hopefully they're not done for a while yet then lol.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1400 roboginger

roboginger

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Any Word?