• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2458 replies to this topic

#1941 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yes, I get that....but, we've only missed about 60 days of NHL regular season so far. If they start up tomorrow (I know, not possible, but for sake of illustration)...60 days from now would be early February. How does he get to not purchasing anything for the rest of the season?

probably a typo or something. not a big deal really

John Shannon@JSportsnet
Was just told by an NHL Coach, that since @RealKyper reported Coaches contacting players, the teams have been warned to cease and desist

so does this confirm that some coaches were actually talking to players?

#1942 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

If I'm not mistaken.. He means as long as the lockout has lasted (in days), he won't purchase anything from the NHL for that amount of time after it resumes.. Sort of a personal vendetta against the NHL.

Yes, it has been 80 days missed by the way. Which by the time NHL starts would be like 90, and that would be the end of march. I am not going to buy tickets to the playoffs or seasons end either because they made me suffer, and if I don't go to regular season games I won't go to playoffs either.

#1943 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yes, it has been 80 days missed by the way. Which by the time NHL starts would be like 90, and that would be the end of march. I am not going to buy tickets to the playoffs or seasons end either because they made me suffer, and if I don't go to regular season games I won't go to playoffs either.

I understand your frustration.. I'm totally going to still go to games though. I just want hockey

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#1944 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Aaron Ward@aaronward_nhl
After the BOG meetings, NHLPA presented NHL with a proposal. #TSN

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Players are waiting for NHL to respond to proposal. This presumably will tell them how far owners are really willing to bend.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Realistic hope is that owners counter and this continues.

#1945 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Ok, I was really only thinking about when the regular season was supposed to start....I couldn't care less about training camp.

#1946 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Proposal presented by players, owners left, came back an hour later and now S. Fehr and B. Daley are out in the hall (not in meeting room)

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Daly and S. Fehr in hall. No, I don't know what it means. pic.twitter.com/utlByqOu

#1947 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Okay boys. I'm going home. Going bowling. When I get home. Have this s*** done. Mmkay?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1948 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

So glad I am playing hockey tonight. I don't have to depend on both sides to make a deal for me to actually play the game I love.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1949 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Via twitter....figured I'd share. Hopefully the counter offers continue.

@DougMaclean: Counter now from NHL. Both sides working to get done by friday.

Edited by amato, 05 December 2012 - 06:32 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#1950 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Doug Maclean@DougMaclean
Counter now from NHL. Both sides working to get done by friday.

Nick Cotsonika @cotsonika
Asked if he could confirm both sides had made proposals, Don Fehr said he would not confirm anything one way or another. #tightlipped

Matthew Barnaby@MattBarnaby3636
Just got a text from owners side that his guess is season starts on dec 26th.

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Believed that league's idea for 10-year CBA is in order to ease the initial burden for clubs on the transition payment

Edited by rrasco, 05 December 2012 - 06:36 PM.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1951 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Kevin Allen@ByKevinAllen
Dinner break for owners and players at NHL negotiations. Players still mulling over owners' latest offer.

#1952 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm seeing tweets mentioning that Nick Kypreos is hearing rumors of coaches contacting players, advising them to be ready for a December 14th training camp date.

This just in - KHL to NHL: "Now wait just a @#$damned minute Rondell!"

Attached File  dave-chappelle.jpg   9.44KB   0 downloads

Edited by Marty Barry, 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#1953 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

i think we are at the point of no return. if talks break down now, the season is gone

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Warm and fuzzy feelings from last night are gone. Things are tense heading into tonight's meeting. Pivotal session that will tell the tale

Edited by chances14, 05 December 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#1954 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

The tenseness could be a good sign. If they're really serious about getting a deal done, and they've made real progress, now each side will toughen up again to grab whatever concessions they can before it's too late.

Honestly, I still wish that nobody goes to the games. Watch them on TV (I know I will) but stay away from the arenas. I have a pet peeve about letting elites get away with hurting everyone else.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1955 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

#CBA Expect contract term limits to be critical issue discussed tonight. Both sides made proposals on it earlier today

#1956 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

#CBA Expect contract term limits to be critical issue discussed tonight. Both sides made proposals on it earlier today

Is this in regards to contract length?

If so - I sure as hell hope this season doesn't hinge on the notion that some players just gotta have that 10 year contract <_<

Edited by F.Michael, 05 December 2012 - 09:12 PM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1957 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

i think we are at the point of no return. if talks break down now, the season is gone

Agreed.

If both sides cannot work out a deal within the next few days - the season is done.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1958 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika
Hmm. Setting podium back up in media room.

#1959 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Is this in regards to contract length?

If so - I sure as hell hope this season doesn't hinge on the notion that some players just gotta have that 10 year contract <_<

agreed. it would be pretty pathetic that an issue that only affects a small minority of players would derail discussions. but it's the nhl and nhlpa we're talking about here. anything can happen

#1960 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Just sitting here patiently waiting on some news, refreshing every possible page I could find regarding lockout news... I do not follow twitter though, so if anyone has any valuable new tweets send em my way :dntknw: